Paging Sal for opinion

Dezertfox
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Paging Sal for opinion

Post by Dezertfox »

Mr Sal, I have spent some time reading your posts and I respect your position. Other views and comment are also welcome. What is your take if the Marines take a large chunk of Johnson Valley? Do you think if the ORV people who use the area will just relocate to the remaining smaller legal open areas? Or perhaps ORV will society will push back and "responsible" ORV people will be more likely to end up where they are not welcome?
MMM

Re: Paging Sal for opinion

Post by MMM »

From what I have read the marines have decided to take over Johnson Valley OHV area. Do not expect any support from fienstaine or boxer in finding any other place to have this large of an open riding area. Just another case of take and no return.

Mike
Sal

Post by Sal »

I'm flattered, DF!

You gave us all a pretty good laugh a week or so ago and I'm still chuckling.

I resist the idea of the Marines taking over a chunk of Johnson valley--the largest OHV park in the world. Where will legal riders and their families relocate to?

Riders already trek hundreds of miles to be able to recreate legally in an area that is so vast it can accomodate everyone--quads, bikes, 4x4's dune buggies, side by sides.

I don't know the solution and I hesitate to predict the outcome of this action. Most of the recreators are law-abiding people and I would not expect them to become rogues and take out their frustrations on innocent bystanders or sensitive lands that can't be used for OHV play.

Maybe what this is is the final closing of the West. in the vast Mojave, there is now no more room to roam and cut new trails. As our population continues to grow, our shear numbers limit the choices available.

I would not be one to say the Navy or Marines don't need more training areas. Our soldiers need to be able to receive realistic field experiences that could save their lives in case they are called into action.

What's your take, DF?
Dezertfox

Post by Dezertfox »

My Take is congress should re-designate part of Sheephole wilderness, expand eastward and let the Marines give the top notch training they deserve. But that makes too much sense :roll: Not sure what you are implying about giving you a laugh. Did I make a joke :mrgreen: