Are the stone Maps Authentic or are they a Hoax?

Moderator: gollum

action14
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Are the stone Maps Authentic or are they a Hoax?

Post by action14 »

So tell me why the ancient trail my son and I hiked twists and turns exactly like the trail is illustrated on the stone maps and why the small piles of stones are in the spots that are marked on thr stone maps? The picture I posted is of the small stones that monument the trail. I did not post any pictures of the markers. What led me to the trail is the physical evidence I found at the end of the trail. After finding that evidence i reverse engineered the map from that location on a topo map. Then my son and I hiked for six hours to an area that I have never been to and found the ancient trail. coincidence? I think not! There is know way this isn't the trail depicted on the stone maps. Unless someone hoaxed a very long trail perfectly and placed physical evidence covered in lichen at the trails end. I know this sounds crazy and you some of you guys think I'm delusional. I understand trust me I have read many crazy post. I have only been on the hunt for two years now and admit I started out with a bit of luck. this forum has been allot of help.

I hope this makes more sense.

Thx Jon
action14

Post by action14 »

Let me be clear when I say small stone piles i am talking about markers. These are what is marked on the stone maps as dimples on the trail.

In the picture I posted are small stones one atop the other which monument the trail between the markers. The trail is not short it is long.

The trail is very overgrown and one could easily walk through it and not know it. One part of the trail is cut into the mountain where it is steep.

When I say it twist and turns exactly as it is illustrated on the stone maps I mean EXACTLY.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Hi Mike,

I am feeling better these days. I spent some time in the Hospital followed by some hospice time. I got to where I couldn't eat any solid foods at all and I was living on things like choc milk and Ensure. When I got down to 96 pounds Doris called 911,and told them I was just laying here dying of malnutrition.The EMT's took me to the ER where they inserted a stomach feeding tube and sent me for some Hospice bed care. They got me back up to 111 lbs and sent me home with the tube installed. They gave me a drip feeder with several cases of liquid nutrition and it is adding around a pound a day.

Jon,

If I were you at this point. I would get GPS Coordinates for every marker and monument along your trail. Then go home and plot them out on a topo map so you can sit back and absorb the "Big Picture".

Like Mike, I am inclined to believe that there is at least 1 kilometer between the dots (places) on the stone maps.

Best,

Jim
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

Good to hear you're doing better Jim.
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Ditto,Jim :D
We've been wondering...e-mailing each other for any news,hoping for good news.
This IS good news.

Best:Wayne
gollum

Post by gollum »

Okay Jim,

First thing you have to do is attach a funnel to the other end of your feeding tube. You have to VERY CAREFULLY pour the beer in to keep the foam down (because a belly burp through a feeding tube is REALLY nasty)! It would probably look like a whale using it's blowhole. :D :D :D

Its a good thing you have a feeding tube instead of a catheter. Then you'd have to stand on your head so the beer would run backwards through your system (probably taste like hell coming out though).

Just a helpful hint. :o

Mike
coazon de oro

Post by coazon de oro »

Welcome back Jim,

I knew you'd show some green under the bark.

Homar
coazon de oro

Post by coazon de oro »

action 14,

I do believe the 18 dots represent markers along the trail, however, I doubt that any have survived the years, and the greedy treasure hunters that would knock them down.

The Salt Mountains are covered with markers, most of which I believe were claim markers. Other markers I believe were set up by greedy treasure hunters, to throw others off.

There are some stories written about a monument trail (that some believe are stacked rocks) that leads to the LDM. I don't believe Waltz marked his trail so obvious.

Waltz was however told that the mine belonged to Don Miguel Peralta, and he did say that the Mexicans would mark their trails by placing rocks on the forks of trees. I do believe that he himself destroyed as many markers as he could find close to his mine, fearing that some other Mexican would come and find it.

Homar P. Olivarez
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

coazon de oro wrote:action 14,

I do believe the 18 dots represent markers along the trail, however, I doubt that any have survived the years, and the greedy treasure hunters that would knock them down.

The Salt Mountains are covered with markers, most of which I believe were claim markers. Other markers I believe were set up by greedy treasure hunters, to throw others off.

There are some stories written about a monument trail (that some believe are stacked rocks) that leads to the LDM. I don't believe Waltz marked his trail so obvious.

Waltz was however told that the mine belonged to Don Miguel Peralta, and he did say that the Mexicans would mark their trails by placing rocks on the forks of trees. I do believe that he himself destroyed as many markers as he could find close to his mine, fearing that some other Mexican would come and find it.

Homar P. Olivarez
Homar, I tend to agree that with the exception of some of the most out of the way places, most "markers" one might come across out there I would consider to be suspect first and foremost. There's simply been too many things destroyed and fabricated out there for me personally to put much faith in a set of markers - unless of course I followed them to a cache or buried mine :).
i-tsari-tsu-i

Post by i-tsari-tsu-i »

"Azmula" has written an article for the Superstition Mountain Journal which is now being sold at the museum in Goldfield, AZ.

Copies may be purchased here:

4087 North Apache Trail Apache Junction, AZ 85119
(480) 983-4888

It's a big change from the pre-book information he posted on another forum in the past. I assume Garry's (Novice) posts have generated this change in his history of the Stone Maps. It's an interesting read for anyone who follows the subject.

I assume his "new" information will put another delay in his long awaited book.

Since I have had a long time interest in the Stone Maps, I have been anxiously looking forward to reading Azmula's book. While I have long questioned his "historical facts", I have never doubted his efforts to research the subject.

Like others, I find it interesting that he did not put his name to the article.

Joe Ribaudo