The "PERALTA STONE MAPS"

Moderator: Jim_b

babymick1
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: The "PERALTA STONE MAPS"

Post by babymick1 »

Joe: I atleast I gave you a 50/50 piont of view. :| What the thread proves is someone put alot of time into that pit.( three years by someone who was there) :o They very well could have found a vien and followed it till it played out, there is no real proof its the LDM. But I do believe if it was the
very rich LDM they would have stopped digging long before three years, people seem to get lazy when thier millionaire's.

Now about those serious doubts of yours :o The unthikable or unbelievable, suddenly "BELIEVED" How sweet would that be' it might just put me on that latter the lovely and kind big Mike has talked to me about. :mrgreen:

Take care Joe, the thread was very interesting!

Babymick1

P.S. Joe I heard some kids singing london bridge is fallen down, could you look out your window and let me know. Thanks
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Joe:

I think your post was easier to comprehend in it's original form.

"Chuck,

If you are thinking about following Michael Bilbry's clues and information, you should be aware that Bilbry was sent to prison for
selling a bogus cancer cure to the elderly. Those court records are freely available.

On the other hand, you could just ask Tom Kollenborn about the case.

If you believe Bilbry's a good source to use, good luck.

Take care,

Joe
"

Joe:

I think it's obvious that your reply was intended to discourage Chuck from further research into the Stone Crosses, based on the FACT that Bilbrey pleaded guilty to a charge of theft and did time for his offence.

Considering the time that had elapsed between his last activity in the mountains and his involvement in trying to market his "snake oil", it is a stretch to make any connection between his finding the Stone Crosses and his illegal act many years later.

We have no "clues" from Bilbrey to follow....or even to disagree with.
What we do have is the newspaper article from 1978 which had photographs of the crosses in Bilbrey's possession at that time, along with the information contained in the article.We also have documented mining claims showing where he found the crosses and other claims which he believed the crosses led to at the time.We also have documentation proving that he did find gold on at least one of his claims, which convinced the TNF to allow him to continue mining.

If Bilbrey had been promoting his theories in the hopes of making money from the crosses, or writing a book to sell, we would have far more than that.Instead he kept to himself, and his efforts under the radar, only going public when he needed to, in order to maintain his claims IMO.

Chuck, having learned of the Stone Crosses, asked where they were found.
I responded only with the information requested.
He did not ask for my opinion, or yours, regarding the veracity of the crosses or of Bilbrey's claim to have found them.
Nor did I suggest he visit that area of the mountains, although three popular forest service trails can be used for access.

But you did make this dire warning:

"Many of the new Dutch Hunters are not aware of the history of the people they are following. Probably one of the reasons we are having this recent spat of deaths in the Supe's."

The two most recent fatalities involved an experienced hiker out for a planned two hour hike and a woman killed in a fall near Massacre falls while hiking with her husband.Another died in 2010 while hiking out of First Water and was eventually found nearby.

Do you have information that these people were "Dutch Hunters" who were following people that they knew little about ?

While we do know that the three men from Utah were hunting the LDM, and posessed maps, likely of their own rather than supplied to them, we don't know if they had been in communication with or had been following any directions obtained from this website, other websites, or anyone currently involved.It seems certain though, from everything we do know, that their search had nothing to do with Bilbrey or the crosses.

Which leaves Jesse Capin , still missing after two and a half years.
His campsite was discovered abandoned near Indian Spring, his vehicle at Tortilla Well. We do know that he was an experience DHer, having made several trips into the mountains. We don't know who he may have shared his interest with, but we do know he had a reference library of LDM books and maps.

Do you have any additional knowledge to add, which can enlighten us as to who Jesse was "following" ?

"What I have always told people is, don't take anyone's word for "fact". Do your own research and develop your own facts. Don't believe anyone.......including me."

Your statement of "fact" would, I assume, apply to the following as well:

"pippinwhitepaws
Post subject: megalomaniac
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:53 pm
Expert

No one has placed the Stone Maps anywhere in the Superstitions, with everything in the proper place and proportion except, of course, me. ;)

Here is the sequence of how I put the Stone Maps together. I first purchased Travis Marlow's pamphlet over thirty years ago. When I first saw the wavy line on the lower trail map, I thought it looked something like the outline of the main mountain.

Using that as a starting point, I looked at my topo and found a canyon that made the same line as the bent arrow and followed it to the top of the mountain. The trail immediately came into view.

I saw the Stone Maps, made a lucky guess and the rest of the two maps are obvious......even easy. So easy, a blindbowman could see it.

Randy is somewhat confused. I don't believe the LDM is in Little Boulder Canyon. I have never believed that or said such a thing to anyone.

I challenge anyone.....right now. Show me where my trail deviates from the Stone Map Trail. If I am full of $%!t, show me. Show me where one other person on the planet can put as many features of the Stone Maps on a topographic map and have them in the proper sequence and proportion.....It can't be done.....period.

I have given every point required for each and everyone of you to lay out your own map. To not see it after that, you must be blind or stoned. In some cases, perhaps both.

The rest of you are talkers. I have laid it out in black and white. Everyone else tells us a wild-assed story and says "someday". I don't claim there is a treasure to be found, just that I have solved the MAP. The end of the map is in Little Boulder Canyon, exactly in the spot where the heart I have shown is located.

It's very simple. Start at the bottom of Hieroglyphic Canyon and follow the map into Little Boulder Canyon, or start at the knife point (Parker Pass) and follow the map into Little Boulder Canyon.......and on.......and on. The starting points are redundant. The ending point is at the heart.

Also simple.....If it ain't so.....show me.

Joe Ribaudo
"

or this, another ( of several) variations of the same boast:

"cactusjumper
Arizona

Re: The Peralta Stones
Reply To This Topic #1911 Posted Yesterday at 09:20:57 PM

Mike,

So far only one person in this conversation has provided any tangible evidence in support of the Stone Maps being maps of anything.......anywhere. That would be me. Everyone else is whistling in the dark.

I don't know that you have ever even been in the Superstitions, and your only expertise is in the documented history of the maps, and a great deal of hearsay. dontknow

I understand that I may have missed something over the years, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

If talk is all it takes to solve the Stone Maps, than I reckon the've been solved a long time ago. If someone has a marked trail that leads to the center of the heart, as well as mine does, show us.....something, anything. Otherwise, my map is the best evidence available. Everything else remains empty claims or........looks kinda close.

Am I wrong?

On the other hand, I like what you have done. thumbsup

Take care,

Joe
"

I found it interesting that the first example was posted using "pippinwhitepaws" account,rather than your own..........but

Be that as it may, we all know how firmly you believe that you alone have solved the Stone Maps, without the use or need of the Stone Crosses and Latin Heart (they weren't in Marlow's pamphlet after all).
AND, that you have encouraged...even challenged... many readers of these web sites as well as rendezvous attendees to duplicate your search, while distributing many copies of your stone map trail map.

Are we to assume that your "trail" presents no danger to those who may follow your "solution" or try to locate the "covered mines" and "caves of gold bars" shown thereupon.

Or,that the promotion of the "PIT" mine as the LDM and it's location in a rugged area of the mountains could not possibly cause further fatalities among those curious enough to want to see it.

You consider Bilbrey's conviction to be a valid reason for dismissal of the Stone Crosses as bogus.Yet you have no trouble accepting the stories told to you personally by a group of people who also engaged in criminal activity....because you are their spokesman.

"I have spoken to those people and to others who were aware of what went on. Much of the information that I have gathered, on my
own, has never been made public. Most of what I was originally told, I was given permission to make public. I posted the first and only pictures of the inside of that mine, as well as the outside for
the public to see.
"

It seems IMO, the difference between the two cases...for you...is that you were an outsider and latecomer to the Stone Crosses, so could not boast about your secret knowledge or close connection to Bilbrey.

Oh ya, I almost forgot.....

But that's just my opinion, so I could of course, be wrong. :roll:

Regards:Wayne
Last edited by somehiker on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dirty Dutchman

Post by Dirty Dutchman »

Don't know Wayne personally, but I love the guy...... Very well said.

Thanks
Travis

PS. Your research and knowledge is awesome. Anytime you post, I read it. Not that my opinion means squat, but at least you're not afraid to question the "norm". I'd hike with you any day.
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Travis:

Your opinions and ideas ARE valuable to those of us who are interested in hearing well reasoned thoughts.When "who I know's" and secrets that "can never be made public" are presented as "evidence" supporting someone's belief, I usually change the channel. When they also try to get me to believe in something because "a number of well respected Dutch Hunters", unnamed of course, believe in it.....it begins to remind me of that SNL "one upper" character as well.

One of these days, we will have to get out there for a look around.
I've been on vacation these last two weeks and had planned to be down there this week.
But I changed my mind when I saw the 7 day temp forecast for Phoenix.

Dirty Dutchman

Post by Dirty Dutchman »

somehiker wrote:Travis:

Your opinions and ideas ARE valuable to those of us who are interested in hearing well reasoned thoughts.When "who I know's" and secrets that "can never be made public" are presented as "evidence" supporting someone's belief, I usually change the channel. When they also try to get me to believe in something because "a number of well respected Dutch Hunters", unnamed of course, believe in it.....it begins to remind me of that SNL "one upper" character as well.

One of these days, we will have to get out there for a look around.
I've been on vacation these last two weeks and had planned to be down there this week.
But I changed my mind when I saw the 7 day temp forecast for Phoenix.

Wayne,

I hear ya. The ironic thing is, a "well known Dutch Hunter" has recently "accused" me (not in a bad way) of being at the old Bilbery site after readings posts that I've put up over the last couple of years...... You could probably figure out who he is, as he's a mutual "friend" of ours on a well known "friend" site....

Same old places, with nothing to show for it.....

Don't hike now, holy hell has it been hot... I had plans myself, but now is not the time.

Like I said, I'd go out with you whenever you want. I've seen your pics, and like me, you evidently don't need the help.... But I'd go out just to learn from you.
Keep the posts coming... May even have an interesting one of my own to put up tonight or tomorrow....

Thanks
Travis
i-tsari-tsu-i

Post by i-tsari-tsu-i »

Wayne,

I am flattered by the attention you have paid to my posts, going back I don't know how far. Everything you wrote may be absolutely true.....after all, Travis liked it and others may as well. I will leave the popularity contest to you.

"I think it's obvious that your reply was intended to discourage Chuck from further research into the Stone Crosses, based on the FACT that Bilbrey pleaded guilty to a charge of theft and did time for his offence."

It may be obvious to you, but it seems obvious to me that you have your own agenda here. Both are opinions and who's to say which one is correct. Perhaps I deserve the disrespect you often throw my way.

I took care of a lot of people who were dying of cancer, over the years. Bilbrey's
"offence" hits me personally. Those who are smoking their way to cancer, seem to have a little less respect for the damage it does to others.

Just my opinion so, I could, of course, be wrong. ;)

Take care,

Joe
javaone

Post by javaone »

Dirty Dutchman

Post by Dirty Dutchman »

javaone wrote:Image
Jerry!!! Hope you're well, long time no see.

Travis
javaone

Post by javaone »

Dirty Dutchman wrote:
javaone wrote:Image
Jerry!!! Hope you're well, long time no see.

Travis
Hi Travis, Doing just fine thanks. - Just kind of disconnected from it all for a while...But back in it to win it, so you and Joe need to move over! :lol:

Jerry
i-tsari-tsu-i

Post by i-tsari-tsu-i »

Jerry,

Welcome back. I have moved over.

Take care,

Joe