GENERAL DISCUSSION - Anything related to the LDM

Moderator: Jim_b

Mrs.Oroblanco
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Anything related to the LDM

Post by Mrs.Oroblanco »

Brad,

I'm just catching up after months of being in the mountains, but - as a quick question - may I assume that you are part of the crew that has been combing the Supers this year near the old Bilbrey shaft?

Mrs.O
coazon de oro

Post by coazon de oro »

Brad W. wrote:Homar,
He was born Jacob Walz in July of 1810 after his father, Johann Jacob Walz. His mother's name was Anna. Jacob Walz was a only child. My relation to Jacob Waltz starts in Württemberg, Germany on my mothers side of the family around same time, it's a tiny world. When Jacob Walz became a citizen he added the " t " to his last name. To this day we don't know why. I don't know of any nephew that could have been with him in that time frame. As far as I know the only records kept back then were by German Church's, they kept all the records of births & deaths. I have never seen a family tree, but that's a good idea. Thanks for the hope.

Brad W.
Thanks for sharing that with us Brad, again I hope that everything works out for you.

Homar
action14

Post by action14 »

#1 The LDM isn't even close to Weavers Needle!

#2 The shaft is a little more than a 45 degree angle down. The upper entrance is on flat ground. there is a cut-toff shaft half way down the tributary canyon below. When you enter the cut-off shaft and get to the mine the the main shaft goes deep into the darkness.
thehunter

Post by thehunter »

Hello ACTION14, I'm glad your posting information on your find.we wish you a safe journey on working it. Keep us posted,it will be exciting to read anything you share.
Take Care
TOM
roward

Post by roward »

Hi, Action 14,
That sounds more like the traditional description of Waltz's mine we have from Julia and Reiney and John Reed. Maybe Brad has found a different working?
Bob
Brad W.

Post by Brad W. »

Last edited by Brad W. on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
roward

Post by roward »

Hi, Brad,
Thanks for the tip on the knees. Never heard of that one before. I was aware of the ph issue. Some years ago a very good friend was diagnosed with cancer and I spent weeks researching alternative natural treatments. I came up with the ph connection as well as many other things. Thankfully she is ok now.
I understand you can reach the mine from any direction, but there must be one or two points from which it's closer/easier to get there. I was just wondering what your preferred starting point is, if that isn't asking for too much info.
By the way, my interest in the mine is purely from a historical perspective, as it is one of the great lost treasure mysteries. I would love to believe that the mine does indeed exist. Over the years there have been so many varying descriptions of the ldm that it seems as if there might be two or three different mines that have been found and lost again, rather than just one. I'm kind of trying to match your description of your mine with others that have been talked about over the years to see how or if they tally. As you said yourself, there was more than one mine worked by the Peralta's in the Supers. By the way, can you shed any light on Jacob Waltz's last days? Are you aware of the controversy about the candle box of gold under his bed at Julia Thomas's and the fact that Dick Holmes claimed Waltz told him to take it and tried to tell him how to find the mine?
Bob
roward

Post by roward »

Brad,
Can you tell us how the mine was concealed when you first found it? Also, Waltz said he had made two caches of gold near the mine, that he had taken one out, but that the other one was still there. He also said you couldn't find the caches without finding the mine. That one is a little had to understand because he also said that he had covered the entrance so well that you could drive a pack train over it and not know it was there. Any thoughts on the cache? What about the tailings from all that material that was removed? How were they hidden?
Do you believe Waltz ever killed anyone to get or keep the mine?
Bob
Brad W.

Post by Brad W. »

Last edited by Brad W. on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hooch

Post by Hooch »

So wait you dug a 7 foot deep hole in the Supes in a protected and highly traveled area and no one said anything? Lol