GENERAL DISCUSSION - Anything related to the LDM

Moderator: Jim_b

babymick1
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Anything related to the LDM

Post by babymick1 »

Brad W. wrote:Ashton,
You are a very bright guy. Everything I have ever read that you have written here makes sense to me. However, the point where you talk about " bragging rights ", I could not disagree more. The gold in The Lost Dutchman's Mine far exceeds the bragging rights in my humble opinion. Listen to me why I say this. I could walk into the lobby at KSAZ tomorrow at 9AM and ask to speak to a reporter, and ask them to come back outside to my vehicle so I could show them some gold ore I took from a mine in the Superstition Mountains. The reporter takes a look at the ore that would be half the size of a mans hand and say, wow this is really heavy, and I would say, it should be, it's pure hydrothermal gold trapped inside basalt quartz, and it weighs a little over 5 kilos. Then the reporter is going to say what mine is this ? And I would have to tell them the truth. Then they will ask " well, where is the mine, can I see it " ? And I could reply, follow me I will show you. Then by 6PM that very day, I will have gone from sole proprietor of the richest gold mine I have ever seen or will ever see in my life time to letting down my Grandfather who gave me the four clues to this mine in 1967. And he was given the same clues from his Grandfather. So you see Ashton, I would be letting down my family and possibly future families in Southern Germany . That is why I have given up on any help from any elected official. And all of this that I just spoke of, will never happen. Besides there would be so many people in the Superstition Mountains, they would have to put up solar traffic lights in the canyons just to control people traffic. You would have total chaos. And Jacob Waltz once said " you could drive pack train over the entrance it and never know it's there." Very true.

Brad W.
No ASHTON! yov,ll created a bragging rights :MONSTER: Ahh wait a second don't you have to show the fist size gold first. Other wise brad your full of fist size shit up to your eyeballs of course.

Babymick1
AshtonPage

Post by AshtonPage »

Hi Brad,

First, thanks for that vote of confidence. I sometimes wonder if my ideas are so far out in left field that I’m not making sense to anyone.

You are in a unique (and enviable) position to have been given clues from your Grandfather. Frankly, I would give my eye teeth to have four clues that I knew for certain were not bogus, tainted or otherwise misleading. And being in your position, the proper thing for you is - don’t disappoint your family by blabbing about the location. I understand and respect your position.

From my position, having waded through 100 false and misleading clues, bogus maps and tall tales, there is something to be said about bragging rights. That would mean that I have outfoxed the swindlers, cheats and liars who gave out false clues in the hopes that no one else would ever find the mine. Bragging rights would mean that I managed to solve the puzzle in spite of their best efforts at deception – and more importantly, it would mean I found the LDM before they did. Actually, it was that very purpose that inspired me to start searching seriously for the mine.

However, the truth be told, if I was to ever enter the LDM and find there was still gold inside – my lofty ideas about ‘bragging rights’ might vanish as faster than the setting sun in the Superstitions.

Best,
Ashton
Matthew Roberts

Post by Matthew Roberts »

Hello Ashton,

I have read most of the Dutchman and LDM (Lost Dutchman Mine) books, as well as spoken and corresponded with hundreds of Dutch hunters over the years. The one thing I learned through it all is, in the end, you have to decide what you believe based on what you find, or don't find, in the mountains. Trying to verify and locate the mine on paper is a futile endeavor. It comes down to time spent in the mountains, searching, digging, enduring and observing. I have been told hundreds upon hundreds of clues, stories, tales, accounts, ideas and theories by hundreds upon hundreds of LDM searchers and enthusiasts. Trying to verify their clues by finding solid paper evidence is a fools errand. The only way to verify anything, is to hike the mountains, search the places the clues lead you to and take stock of what you find, or don't find there.

Of all the clues and accounts written in the hundreds of Lost Dutchman Mine books, I have found possibly only one or two things of value in the mountains. By far, the most significant and valuable things I have located in the mountains came from totally unsubstantiated stories and accounts.

The most important thing I have learned is that you and you alone are responsible for your success or failure. Depending on others, other authors, other researchers or Dutch enthusiasts to find the mine for you on paper, is a fun hobby, but if you hold these persons responsible for your success or failure, you are traveling on the wrong trail.

I think possibly you already know what I am talking about. Few in the Dutch hunter community do. I have spent many years in the mountains, sometimes with a partner, most of that time alone. I have found many things I believe are connected with the LDM but have never proven that to be a fact. I think one day someone will find the mine and caches, if they haven't already been located and emptied. My best to you and your search.

Matthew Roberts
AshtonPage

Post by AshtonPage »

Hi Matthew,

You bring up some good points. Thinking back, I believe that I learned more on my first trek into the mountains than I did in the entire year previous reading books.

Hi All,

Shifting gears here -> does anybody know the location of Ron Feldman’s Treasure Trove dig? I’m looking for something closer than “over by Iron Mountain”.

Thanks in Advance,
Ashton
Brad W.

Post by Brad W. »

Last edited by Brad W. on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Brad I think we want to see a sample...Image
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Something like this???Image
Dirty Dutchman

Post by Dirty Dutchman »

Nice finds Kurt!
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

uhmm hmm....

Double-Jack
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Gotta love the shiny stuff.
But them what don't believe it's there, will never see it.

Regards:Wayne