Q&A'S - COMPLAINTS - NO SPECIFIC TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

Moderator: Jim_b

Jim Hatt

Re: Q&A's and HELPFUL HINTS ABOUT USING THIS MESSAGE BOARD

Post by Jim Hatt »

Plays In The Dirt wrote:Many of the articles that are posted here and in other forums are hard to read due to their small sized print. Now maybe some of you may already know this, but for those that don't here's a tip for making the print size larger. If you have a mouse with a wheel on top between the buttons, (or elsewhere), just press and hold the control key, (ctrl) while you roll the wheel in either direction and it will change the size of the print. Now this works well on my PC's but I know nothing about MAC's so you'd have to experiment with them.

Greg, I agree with you that the little trick that Jim DUSA provided is simpler in the DUSA Forums than the one you provided. But I am thrilled to have learned that your way of doing it, works all over the Internet! And even in some software applications.

Thanks!

Jim Hatt[/b]
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

Jim Hatt wrote:
Plays In The Dirt wrote:Many of the articles that are posted here and in other forums are hard to read due to their small sized print. Now maybe some of you may already know this, but for those that don't here's a tip for making the print size larger. If you have a mouse with a wheel on top between the buttons, (or elsewhere), just press and hold the control key, (ctrl) while you roll the wheel in either direction and it will change the size of the print. Now this works well on my PC's but I know nothing about MAC's so you'd have to experiment with them.

Greg, I agree with you that the little trick that Jim DUSA provided is simpler in the DUSA Forums than the one you provided. But I am thrilled to have learned that your way of doing it, works all over the Internet! And even in some software applications.

Thanks!

Jim Hatt[/b]
Hi Jim,

I thought that it may be useful. As far as Jim's way being simpler I'm afraid I'd have to disagree, it's just another way to do it. :D
Desert Cruiser
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Well we've had this problem before and what I meant was for Goldseeker to click on the button and delete his board cookies and it may return everything to normal and it certainly wont' hurt anything. I delete mine every week with another program, and this might help you Goldseeker -- if you don't what to do it -- that's ok.

Don...
Desert Cruiser
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Ok being a web designer for years I've got a piece of advice for all of you. Take it or leave it.

The way Jim B. told you to enlarge the text size in here is really the only way you consider doing that unless your somewhat of a coomputer geek. Now the way Jim B told you to do it --- the change will only affect you text size on this web site and on this board. It's part of the coding for the this site.

Most web designers put coding into their web pages that controls the font size, color, style. Now when you change the size using CTRL and your mouse wheel your overriding the coding --- ok fine except when you go to another site it may still be large and in fact too large to render the page correctly shoving things into places that they weren't meant to be thus rendering the page wrong and sometimes even unusable. AND a lot of people don't know how to get their browser to go back to it's original setting. You do that like this Go up to VIEW then to ZOOM then click on RESET. Now this is for Firefox, and may be a little different for other browsers. In Internet Explorer you'll go to the top of the browser and click on VIEW the TEXT SIZE then set it to MEDIUM.

So if your not sure then use the method Jim B has put in here for us. Sorry I don't mean to step on any ones toes here but a lot of people are not computer gurus like we are. Just trying to make it simple and easy.

Don....
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Hi Jim,

I thought that it may be useful. As far as Jim's way being simpler I'm afraid I'd have to disagree, it's just another way to do it. :D

No Way Jose! :D Your way takes two hands (One finger has to hold the control key) while you roll the wheel back and forth several times trying to get the size you want.

Jim's only requires a simple click on either side of the "A" to go larger or smaller.

I vote for Jim's way being the easiest! Is it OK if I sign this GS? (Think he would mind?) 8-)

By the way.... Where is that rascal anyway? I haven't a heard A peep out of him since he said he was going to L.A. Does he have a Girlfriend over that way or what?
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Desert Cruiser wrote:Well we've had this problem before and what I meant was for Goldseeker to click on the button and delete his board cookies and it may return everything to normal and it certainly wont' hurt anything. I delete mine every week with another program, and this might help you Goldseeker -- if you don't what to do it -- that's ok.

Don...

That makes sense Don. I see your train of thought now.
I don't think GS is worried about his little orange lights anymore.
I think he is "AWOL" in L.A. :D

Either that or he just isn't talking to me anymore. :?:
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

Jim Hatt wrote:Hi Jim,

No Way Jose! :D Your way takes two hands (One finger has to hold the control key) while you roll the wheel back and forth several times trying to get the size you want.

Just exactly would you be doing with that other finger while you rolled the wheel with the other hand anyway? :D

By the way.... Where is that rascal anyway? I haven't a heard A peep out of him since he said he was going to L.A. Does he have a Girlfriend over that way or what?
He's out seeking Gold...
Goldseeker

Post by Goldseeker »

Desert Cruiser wrote:Well we've had this problem before and what I meant was for Goldseeker to click on the button and delete his board cookies and it may return everything to normal and it certainly wont' hurt anything. I delete mine every week with another program, and this might help you Goldseeker -- if you don't what to do it -- that's ok.

Don...

The orange lights are on now. I clear this computer every month or so.

Tools
Internet options
Delete (several things) including cookies, history, etc

Same thing right?

Or use system restore too. It wasnt worth the effort. They came on by themselves.

I
Last edited by Goldseeker on Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

He's looking in the wrong place then.
Someone (maybe him) told me that all the gold in California was already found! :D

I know... (I'm BAD) He'll nail me on that one and I deserve it.
8-)
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! He's back!
Yes GS, SAME THING!
You have no idea how relieved I am that your little orange lights are working again! I didn't get any sleep the last two nights worrying about them
:D