Don't know what to do but need to vent

Allen
The middle number please (4): 7

Re: Don't know what to do but need to vent

Post by Allen »

For everyone that is interested, Samantha has been taken off of the ventilator and the airway removed. She is doing well on her own but is semi-conscious. During her brief periods of activity, she is talkative and mostly coherent. Lots of voluntary movement on her right side but somewhat limited movement on the left side of her body. Brain swelling is still a serious concern but her Neurosurgeon thinks it may have already hit its peak. She will be going back into surgery next week after she becomes more stable, to complete repair of a fracture between her Frontal Sinus and her Ethmoid Sinuses.
No word from the Detectives but then again, I wouldn't expect them to share any information until an arrest is made.
Thanks to everybody.
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

Very positive news Allen, thanks for keeping us updated.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Allen,

I am very thankful she is off the vent and healing! The medical staff in the ICU never sleeps and will be watching her like a hawk tonight. Although we dont know you or your family personally, my wife and I are joining many others in prayer for a 100% recovery for this bright and wonderful woman who has suffered so much.

The report is VERY GOOD NEWS! :D
Goldseeker

Post by Goldseeker »

Allen wrote:For everyone that is interested, Samantha has been taken off of the ventilator and the airway removed. She is doing well on her own but is semi-conscious. During her brief periods of activity, she is talkative and mostly coherent. Lots of voluntary movement on her right side but somewhat limited movement on the left side of her body. Brain swelling is still a serious concern but her Neurosurgeon thinks it may have already hit its peak. She will be going back into surgery next week after she becomes more stable, to complete repair of a fracture between her Frontal Sinus and her Ethmoid Sinuses.
No word from the Detectives but then again, I wouldn't expect them to share any information until an arrest is made.
Thanks to everybody.

Great!! Letrs keep the prayers going; she was in mine. I think WHEN NOT IF she recovers, granted, it may take some time, she can provide the PD with vital ID.
LeeVW

Post by LeeVW »

Allen,

I normally don't post on this board anymore because a certain individual posted things I doubt he would ever have the courage to say to me face to face. Rather than engage in a war, I opted to discontinue posting. I recently checked back here to see how my friends were doing and came across your post. I felt the need to make an exception and reply to your thread to let you know that Samantha and your entire family are in my prayers.

I wish I could do more, but please know that I am among those saddened, angered, and feeling helpless. Please continue to stay rational and be there for your family. I sincerely hope the authorities come through and put that SOB away. I hope Samantha continues to improve and makes a full recovery.

Lee
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

I enjoy your reports and input Lee, especially "the cool stuff". Maybe you will join us over on some of the other topic boards here at DUSA.
SteveS
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by SteveS »

Allen sorry to hear about this terrible situation for you and your family. I wish nothing but a good outcome and future for your daughter in law. It is very good to hear from you that she is improving, I hope that continues

I read the story in the local newspaper when it hit the news. I was wondering why, along with many questions. When I saw your posting in the HD news (I didn’t know it was you at that time) and got the feel drugs and gangs was not a connection, it seemed even more senseless.

I only came to the envrio (aka bicker-fest) section because I saw VWLee’s name in the last post column. When I see Lee’s handle and a few others I always read the post even if I don’t care about the subject, because I like their input.

I see nothing has changed over here at the enviro page to add value to this section. The only value this section has is it gives lowlifes a place to post their bitterness instead of the other parts of DesUSA forums. I see even during a human tragedy, some of the posters here have to be a troll and add nothing but their anger. It’s a sad comment about the human race that some people care nothing about the planet they stand on, but only care to stand out, even if it’s just to be a smelly lump.
spiny

Post by spiny »

Sal,

Please put away the bitterness. There's too much of that throughout this forum already, and it'll eat you up inside. Why not just be happy along with the rest of us that Samantha is doing better?
Dan

Post by Dan »

Allen,
I have been away for the weekend, and I was hoping that when I returned, there would be good news. This is excellent to have a small tidbit of good news among the nightmares that you and your family have been living the last few days. For those of us who don't know all the details that I'm sure you and the detectives are privy to, it does seem so completely senseless. This is just not how human beings are supposed to be treating each other. It is obvious that God is watching over your son's fiancee, and it makes me very happy to see the results of it.

From now on, my prayers, instead of being focused on her survival, will be focused on her complete recovery.

Keep the faith, brother. Everything will be ok.
Kathy
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by Kathy »

Allen,
I'm soooooooooo sorry about your future daughter in law.What a
beautiful young lady.She,your son,and all your family are in my
prayers.So glad someone is going to clean up the mess and it doesn't have to be family members.Be strong because your son
will need you.
Sal get a life.This forum is no place for your kind.Why you haven't
been kicked off here is beyond me.My forum was shut down because
of one little word but all the nastiness goes on and on.Go to a differant forum for yours.This is a place for Allen and his family.