Strong Meteor Shower Expected Tonight

Iggy
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Strong Meteor Shower Expected Tonight

Post by Iggy »

One of the neat things about living in the desert, you can get away from city lights.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20090811/ ... tedtonight
Desert Cruiser

Re: Strong Meteor Shower Expected Tonight

Post by Desert Cruiser »

I guess this means I'm going out to our favorite desolate spot with the lawn chairs to watch the shower.

Don....
Goldseeker

Post by Goldseeker »

I saw that. The front yard will be desolate enough, I could go further out, but why? If I dont see them all, its still better than going way out in the desert. This time of year out there the snakes are out at night. So its better here. :)
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Goldseeker: That would be nice, we have to drive about 18 miles to get away from the city lights to have a good view. We go to a spot right next to the Yuma proving ground before Martinez Lake. As many times as we have done this I have not yet to been able to catch a photograph of a metor.

Don....
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Don,

I have external surveillance cameras that feed straight to my computer. I will point one of them to the sky and let it run all night. maybe I can catch one of them in live action. No city lights to worry about here. I can't even get TV signal from the city.
:)
Goldseeker

Post by Goldseeker »

[quote="Desert Cruiser"]Goldseeker: That would be nice, we have to drive about 18 miles to get away from the city lights to have a good view. We go to a spot right next to the Yuma proving ground before Martinez Lake. As many times as we have done this I have not yet to been able to catch a photograph of a metor.

Don....
[/quote

My front yard is dark at night as it faces east and I am on the very outer edge of 29, so no problem. Actually I will probably work in the garage tonight, late, kill 2 birds with one stone. Cooler weather, see the shower. Its all good.
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Let us know if anyone gets any photos of the shower, we're not going out as it's too cloudy here.

Don....
Goldseeker

Post by Goldseeker »

Desert Cruiser wrote:Let us know if anyone gets any photos of the shower, we're not going out as it's too cloudy here.

Don....

I will be out there tonight in the garage working on car stuff, dont know about pics,
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Ok here's one we saw during the meteor shower.

You can't believe everything you see. this is a fake, we never saw one that night. The above photo took 4 different photos and an imaging, graphics program to compile this.

But we did go and photograph a neat really old adobe store on the previous night. Shot with a red back light to highlight it. Probably was a stage stop. It's on the road that goes into Algodones, but on the North side of I - 8.

Don....
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Oh yeh the walls of adobe building are about 12 ft. tall.

Don...