Old Desert Magazines Dec. 1937

Desert Cruiser
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Old Desert Magazines Dec. 1937

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Gregg: If you can -- could you take some photos of the museum and surrounding area for us?

We'd like to see what it looks like now.

Don....
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

Desert Cruiser wrote:Gregg: If you can -- could you take some photos of the museum and surrounding area for us?

Don....
Well Don I'm home now but will leaving very early in the morning to go back up north. I have Photos of the museum up there so when I get back I'll post a few. However, the ones I do have at the moment were shot during an Indian Pow-Wow (or something like that that they had there), not specifically of the museum, but you can see what the grounds look like like in the Photos.
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Ok, thanks Gregg. Appreciate it.

Don...
Plays In The Dirt

Desert Cruiser wrote:Gregg: If you can -- could you take some photos of the museum and surrounding area for us?

Don....
Don, I looked through my Photos, (at least the ones I recall), and unfortunately I don't have any that really show the museum grounds like I thought I had. Heck I live there so why would I need Photos. :D The Photos below are some I shot at a "Native American Day" that they had in 2007. I'll continue looking as I may have some somewhere, and when I go home next time I'll make sure and get some of the museum.

The lady on the left in the next Photo was the Museum Director and a friend of mine. She's retired now.

The flutist in the next Photo is Fernando Cellicion. My wife and I were so impressed with his work that we bought his CD, in fact I have it playing right now. Very soothing music. He travels the world to entertain.

Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I'm really surprised you were able to get photos. Don & I went to a POW WOW and they were upset because people were taking photos. Certain tribes claim that photos take their spirit away.
Plays In The Dirt

Iggy wrote:I'm really surprised you were able to get photos. Don & I went to a POW WOW and they were upset because people were taking photos. Certain tribes claim that photos take their spirit away.
Quite the contrary, they were more than happy for me to shoot Photos. Funny thing, I was the only one taking pictures.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Also if you notice they aren't looking at the camera.
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Thanks Gregg: Nice photos! And if you can please do get some photos of the museum and the maybe the outside exhibit. That's be great!

Don....