F J Cruiser

Moderator: Jim_b

Desert Cruiser
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: F J Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Now just in case you get one with no accessories, the cheapo model, please note there are always shortcuts and ways around these things. Now you'll see the image below with the film strip click on it and wait a second for it to load. It's definitely worth it. Click on the image!!!!

Don....
LeeVW

Post by LeeVW »

Iggy,

I know you can tow trailers with the FJ. That's why I mentioned that my friend pulls an Airstream with his, and that Sandman could do something similar. I guess I just didn't phrase my words very well. I do that quite a bit!

Sandman,

I like the looks of the Taco (at least some of the models I have seen), and I would like feeding a V6 instead of a V8. I haven't ruled out a new Dak either, as the 300HP version of the 4.7 sounds like it would be very exciting! I understand the fuel economy is better on the new Dak too. Decisions, decisions! Right now I plan on keeping the current Dak until it makes me mad. I only have 100,000 miles on it, and I have friends with a lot more than that on theirs. Keeping fingers crossed!

Lee
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

I love the Red Green clip...he's a hoot!

I pull a little tent trailer and would probably have opted for a 20+ foot trailer if I had found one when I was looking to buy.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Sorry LeeVW, that was my mistake.
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Terry we looked at a Casita 17 ft. trailer which is light weight and all fiberglass with everything in it. The Cruiser would pull it no problem. BUT (there's always a but) the cost and how many times we'd use it are not worth it to us. It'd sit more than it's roll. Your tent trailer looks like a better alternative.

Don....
HSSC

Post by HSSC »

Desert Cruiser wrote:Terry we looked at a Casita 17 ft. trailer which is light weight and all fiberglass with everything in it. The Cruiser would pull it no problem. BUT (there's always a but) the cost and how many times we'd use it are not worth it to us. It'd sit more than it's roll. Your tent trailer looks like a better alternative.

Don....
The fiberglass siding on trailers weighs more than the aluminum sided counterpart. JFYI I went with aluminum siding with the toyhauler we bought because it was close to a 1,000 lb's lighter than fiberglass and was like $ 1500.00 cheaper. The fiberglass looks cleaner though.

That was a very funny video Don, thanks. :lol:
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Glad you all liked the video, some of that shows stuff is a hoot. That just seemed appropriate.

Don...
MMM

Post by MMM »

How would you rate the FJ against the Rubicon. Neither get decent gas milage, but I am drawn more towards the Jeep. I own a 1991 Jeep Cheroke and it has over 332,000 miles on the original engine. I could not bring myself to use the cash for clunkers on it. I get 22 MPG and it works, so why kill it?

Mike
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Well then Mike keep it. But it sounds like your engine is about at it lifes end to me. I've had Jeeps before and there's no comparison in my opinion. The Cruiser gets 19.5 to 20.5 for gm and the jeep is a lot less. I have several friends that have them and they'll get you there, but they struggle on big hills and they cost a lot more. And they aren't nearly as reliable. Both of my friends that have them have already had problems with them. Check for yourself. Oh yeh and they don't ride nearly as nice as a Cruiser or have as much room inside.

Don...
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Mike: I got to thinking about that answer. Some folks like their Jeeps and wouldn't give them up, so what I'm saying is this, you have to make up your own mind what you want to do with the 4x4 you get. We wanted to be able to drive to Utah in a one day trip and still go off road and run where ever the Jeeps went. Riding that far in a Jeep used to kill me. For that matter riding that far in my Toyota Pick up would kill me. I had a Jeep Cherokee that I really liked a lot for handling, turning radius, off road ability, but it was gutless on the road. So each of you have to make up your own minds. Of course threads like this one may help with that a little.

Don...