We bought a new tent trailer!

reptilist
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

We bought a new tent trailer!

Post by reptilist »

Yesterday we drove to the big city and bought a new 2008 Rockwood camp trailer...finally! Nothing too fancy, but small and easily towed with my FJ cruiser.
John Hardison
The middle number please (4): 7

Re: We bought a new tent trailer!

Post by John Hardison »

Thats good Terry.. I miss the camping days.. I luv to see your camping pictures
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Terry: I didn't know you had an FJ? Good choice! Send me an e-mail when you get a chance ---
ukiexplorers@yahoo.com
Don....
Apache Devil

Post by Apache Devil »

Those are neet little rigs. The only thing that bothers me about them is that you have to take anything you put inside of them back out again when you fold em back up. Or do they have storage racks under or over or built into the sides?
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

Just floor space....What goes up, must come down. It's pretty basic bare bones...beats sleeping in a tent on the ground though....We'll be trying it out next weekend.
Apache Devil

Post by Apache Devil »

I need to take a look at the inside of one of those sometime. Might be just what I need.
Allen
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by Allen »

reptilist wrote:Yesterday we drove to the big city and bought a new 2008 Rockwood camp trailer...finally! Nothing too fancy, but small and easily towed with my FJ cruiser.
Back in 1989, we bought a new Coleman Plantation Tent Trailer for some quality trips with the kids. Closed up, it was 14 feet long but opened up to 27 feet with the beds out. It had fold up walls that made into a private bathroom with a toilet and shower. Small 3 way fridge, 6 gallon water heater, 20,000 btu forced air furnace, roof mounted air conditioner, dinette, 25 gallons of fresh water and queen beds at each end, It was very comfortable and cozy. I think it was about 1800 pounds loaded and towed real well behind our Suburban. We had many pleasant trips up the coast and into the Sierra's (mostly Yosemite). Lots of great memories there. The only thing I disliked was the flapping fabric when it was windy. Now I have a 30 foot Weekend Warrior toy hauler with all the bells and whistles, including Direct TV, but I would gladly give it up to enjoy the good times again with the kids and the Tent Trailer. Too bad they're all grown up now. :(

I wish you and your family/friends many good outings in your Rockwood Reptilist. You made a wise choice.
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

Thanks Allen!
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

It is kind of an old post though....
We've used the trailer twice so far. I fnally got the awning repaired/figured out and also ran the battery recharging wire.....I don't think my wife is all that satisfied with the tent trailer though because of the set up involved, and she prefers something hard sided. As a bachelor pad, it's fine by me and really gives the feel of "a safari base camp".
gordon

Post by gordon »

Terry for many years I had an older coleman popup. Spent many a camping trip in that thing and took it places I had no business taking it. Alas The kids done all growed up and I have sold it but it was great while I had it. The only problem I ever had with it is the sink that would fold over on to the floor, broke off the "faucet on several occasions finally never bothered to fix it as I knew it would break again on the next bouncy dirt road. Have fun.