The middle number please (4): 4

Re: MONUMENTS & MARKERS

Post by javaone »

Closer up...

Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

That IS a curious rock formation Jerry.

Personally, I always spend a good amount of time observing and analyzing, any formation that has an obvious pointer on it.

Best,

Jim
javaone
anti-spam detector: No

Post by javaone »

GE and Photos:

Even photos you may have taken can be deceiving. The original photo I took of this formation (from far away) was more intriguing than the ones shown below. I recently was able to get back up there to take this photo which shows it being more a natural formation – it looked more man-made in the first photo I took of it.

Even so, I have not yet been able to get to this formation for a close-up look; planning on doing so, hopefully, within the next two or three weeks. It will take more than an overnight trip. I still find it interesting because of all the chaos around it…

treasurehntr

Post by treasurehntr »

Hi javaone,
Wow ! That is really a cool pic. Your right, lots of busy "choas" stuff going on there. I know what you mean by deceiving pics, I've had my share. I wonder what the depth of the top horizontal pillar is. At first glance it strikes me like an "Alter" of some sorts.I see a few carvings there as well. I bet you are excited to head back in.
Best, Treasurehntr ...........
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Hi Jerry,

I got your email and I think I see what the problem is. Would you mind going to your photo bucket account and resizing your photos to 640X480 DPI so they do not increase the width of the page here, causing everyone to scroll back and forth side to side to read the text in your messages?

Thanks,

Jim

P.S. It was nice meeting you at Clay's lecture!
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Hi Jerry:
That does look like something worth the effort of getting to.Even if not something man-made,a surface like that may have been chosen for use as a message board.
Being horizontal,unlike the tilted layers evident above,may mean that the block-like area is of older rock.An ideal place to look for areas of altered mineralization,I would think.

Have fun.
And be careful.
Regards:Wayne
javaone

Post by javaone »

Thanks Guys,

Yeah, that’s why it caught my eye – it’s so odd. There are a few interesting things in this area and, of course, none easy to get to. No water in the area yet either. :|

Jerry
javaone

Post by javaone »

Here is the first photo of this strata formation I took some time ago. It is a cropping of a very large landscape photo. If you look closely, you can see another layer or two of the strata... :)

Rex Western

Post by Rex Western »

Last edited by Rex Western on Mon May 19, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AshtonPage

Post by AshtonPage »

Hi Guys,

Another hair-brained idea – hope this isn’t too boring………

I’ve said before that I believe the Peralta Master Map (PMM) was not a map (that’s why nobody has figured it out) because it is an instruction chart for work assignments. Thusly -> Taskmaster; “Sanchez, you and Ramone (points to ‘worker’ on PMM) go down the trail (points to sideways 5 on the PMM) and follow the trail markers until you come to (points to reversed 4 on PMM). The 4 carving gives the final direction and distance to the mine that I want you guys to work at. If you come to the (points to swastika on PMM) then you’re gone too far and you walked right past the mine. See how this swastika is way beyond the mine (still pointing to swastika). OK then, you guys missed the mark and you need to turn back – so pay attention to the angle of the trailing edges of the swastika and go back.”

The PMM has a single instance of 3 concentric circles (on the far right) which I take to be a pit mine (all the pit mines) the location markers are the same to all the pit mines. The swastika is above the mine (uppermost right on the PMM) and the inverted 4 is below the mine. I believe the sideways 5 is a trail pointer (key word).

I have already posted a photo of one of the swastika markers elsewhere in this forum. The other markers I have found in the hills. Read my hypothetical work assignment carefully, because I believe it’s accurate – BUT (as always) this is simply my opinion, nothing more.

The trails are still marked (some of them, anyway) but due to the history of buffoons destroying trail markers, sadly that’s information I will not share. I will say (again) keep your eyes open for recurring abnormalities –> at least I that’s what I would do.

Best,
Ashton