UFO Sightings in Mineralized Areas

Moderator: Jim_b

RockyFrisco
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by RockyFrisco »

Randy, I have spent many months around McElmo Creek in southern Colorado. I have found some really strange locations there. I started exploring the area in 1942, when I was 5 years old. The last time I was there was in the early 1980's. I had permission to go through properties there to get to the back country, but I suspect that most of those people have died since then. I spent the major part of my time there up Rock Creek Canyon and Sand Canyon. There's lots of gem-quality agatized dinosaur bone and petrified wood in the area and the ground is literally paved with broken pottery. When I was a boy, there were no concerns about the government or the BLM, but that has changed radically. McElmo Canyon has lots of UFO legends and such. I had some experiences along these lines in the past that I'm reluctant to report. If you want to explore there, I would advise going up Sand Canyon to the carbon-dioxide well-head and going west from there on foot. It's fairly dangerous country, so be careful. I never had a cell-phone in those days, so I don't know what the reception might be like. I have suspicions that there may be lost gold there, but it's just intuition.

I'm sure Ismay's Trading Post is gone by now, but the old man was REALLY strange. I always wondered if he was related to Ismay from The Titanic, but never asked him. He was one spooky old coot. The post was down the canyon from Battle Rock and didn't have much but cold soda pop and beads. My family had lots of history in the area. My grandfather helped excavate Hovenweep and Lowery.
oroblanco

Post by oroblanco »

RockyFrisco wrote
McElmo Canyon has lots of UFO legends and such. I had some experiences along these lines in the past that I'm reluctant to report.
HOLA amigo,
I am fascinated by the subject of UFO's (and many other mysteries) - not sure what the forum guidelines are for our subject matter when it comes to UFOs, but we could start a new thread <on UFO's> and if it were against the rules we could easily remove it. I know DUSA is 'family oriented' but so long as we don't get into 'adult' type things I think it would probably be okay. Just a thought, of course if you would rather not talk about it I will understand. I give my word, I will not ridicule or dismiss any kind of UFO report, for I have seen a few over the years myself. Let me check our rules again just to be sure.
Roy ~ Oroblanco
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Roy/Rocky,

I like UFO's too, but man it would be hard to tie them into anything related to Prospecting and Treasure Hunting. It's YOUR Forum Roy. If you want to start a new topic for UFO's, I'm not going to complain about it. I'll probably even read it every day. :lol:

Like you said.. If another DUSA Management Team Member objects to it, it can easily be "Dumped".

Let's give it a try. I''ll set up the new Topic and move these 3 posts over there for you. Maybe I can think of a way to tie UFO's and Prospecting together in the topic title. :mrgreen:

Jim
oroblanco

Re: UFO Sightings in Mineralized Areas

Post by oroblanco »

HOLA amigos and thank you Jim!

Addressing the linkage between UFO's and gold - there very well MAY be such a link! Several authors have noticed that there always seems to be quite a lot of UFO sightings in the gold regions of the desert southwest, and this seems to hold true in other areas where gold is found too. One author (Sitchin I think it was, but welcome any corrections) even thought that these UFO visitors were here because they are after gold. He pointed out how common it was in ancient 'religions' for those mysterious "sky gods" who came down to Earth, always seemed to want GOLD from their human "subjects". Why would any "god" need gold? It also turns out that while gold is fairly common on Earth, it is not so common in space - so a visit to a small planet like ours may have that added attraction! Gold is vital for space travel, not only for the electronics but also for shielding against the deadly radiation that exists in space.

On the other hand, it may just be that treasure hunters and prospectors tend to be out in the 'tall tules' a lot more than most folks, so tend to see things in the skies when most folks hardly see anything other than what is visible through their car windshield or on TV. In support of this idea, we could note that a surprising number of the Bigfoot-sasquatch sightings reported are from prospectors and treasure hunters, which could just be that this is because folks like us just happen to be out in the 'wilds' a lot more than most people.

There is of course the 'skeptics' explanation for why so many UFOs are reported in gold regions too - their theory is that the witnesses are seeing natural phenomenon called "earth lights" which are caused by electrical discharges, a result of pressure on quartz veins deep in the earth (quartz veins being the host rock for most gold and many silver deposits) but in my opinion this is very far from the mark. The 'earth lights' phenomenon has been photographed, and more closely resembles heat lightning than anything else, while many UFO reports include blinking lights, traveling at high speeds and making sharp turns etc. Earth-lights just don't behave or look like that.

I will go ahead and start the show.

A couple of years ago, it was late at night and as often happens I was having a lot of trouble sleeping, so I gazed out the windows of our camper (then in Cochise county AZ) at the beautiful stars. The moon was less than half full and almost set, when I noticed a rather bright red light off to the SE. As I watched it, it got larger and came much closer, until I could see that it was several lights on some kind of vehicle. This 'thing' flew so low to the ground that it nearly hit our windmill (our source of electrical power) and stopped almost directly over our camper. I stared up at it, and noticed that it had four short stubby "wings" each with two pinkish-red lights spaced on them, something like antennas sticking out of each wing, and a huge diamond-shaped 'hole' right up the center where you ought to find the pilots seat. You could see stars up through that hole. I spoke to Beth to wake her up so she could see this thing, and as I did, there was a bright flash of light like a flashbulb, a little 'whooshing' of air (otherwise no sound at all) and it zoomed up into the sky very fast until I could not pick it out anymore. I know I did not dream it, for even the dog was staring at this thing, though she did not bark. I can't very well call this a "flying saucer" for who ever heard of a UFO with wings? I still don't know what it was - secret military spy craft maybe?

Roy ~ Oroblanco
Guz

Post by Guz »

Don't get me wrong when I say I lol'd when I saw this! I only laughed cause I wondered when this topic would hit the boards! I'm all for it! Not long ago I heard that many of the areas that UFOs are seen "frequently" tend to be gold bearing regions.
So since we have ghosts on the general info board and UFOs on this one what I want to know is why can't psychics find gold? Who's using/used them? Who knew I was gonna ask this? :) Anyone heard any tales on this subject?
I wouldn't be surprised to hear Jim has a psychic on his payroll :) :lol:

Guz
Last edited by Guz on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Guz,

Edgar Cayce did a reading on the Lost Dutchman Mine. That would be a completely different topic tho... :mrgreen:
Guz

Post by Guz »

Well you might as well start it.....
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

In the morning Guz,

I'm pretty "Whooped" this evening from being in the mtns the last 2 days looking for Jesse Capen. I have a copy of Cayce's reading on an external storage drive. I will have to locate it. When I do, I will start a new topic in the LDM forum for it.

I'm headed for bed right now.

Jim

Update 2/20/2010: It's up and running Guz. Here is a link to it:

http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1711
roc2rol

Post by roc2rol »

oroblanco wrote:
There is of course the 'skeptics' explanation for why so many UFOs are reported in gold regions too - their theory is that the witnesses are seeing natural phenomenon called "earth lights" which are caused by electrical discharges, a result of pressure on quartz veins deep in the earth (quartz veins being the host rock for most gold and many silver deposits) but in my opinion this is very far from the mark. The 'earth lights' phenomenon has been photographed, and more closely resembles heat lightning than anything else, while many UFO reports include blinking lights, traveling at high speeds and making sharp turns etc. Earth-lights just don't behave or look like that.
This is an interesting conjecture, Roy!

Consider these humongous quartz crystal

read about these marvels
http://www.canyonsworldwide.com/crystal ... rame3.html

I don’t know much about the electrical potentiality of quartz
but do believe that with enough applied pressure
these babies would light up a night sky :!:
oroblanco

Post by oroblanco »

Thanks amigo - I am no expert on quartz electrical properties either, but it is used in many common things like those push-button starters for propane gas BBQ grills, you push on the button which causes a striker to hit a crystal, which results in a short (and sharp) electrical charge to be produced, this is sent by wires to a sort of "spark plug" where the electrical charge jumps an air gap and ignites the propane. If a tiny piece of quartz can put out that much electricity, how much would crystals the size of those in the (very neat) pictures you just posted? I sure don't know the answer but would bet that with the massive pressures of the overlying rock and earth, there must be a considerable electrical charge produced - and this charge has to go somewhere.
Roy