cibola / zuni indians

Moderator: Jim_b

oroblanco
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: cibola / zuni indians

Post by oroblanco »

Hola amigos!

I look forward to reading more! This has been giving me ideas too, perhaps I am just connecting the dots where there aren't any, but you mentioned the missing mountain - what that made me think of was a short piece, which WAS puzzling but may make sense now, here is that part of Edgar Cayce's reading,
For these are held as sacred grounds by groups who have, from period to period, changed the very face of the earth or the surroundings, for the very purpose of being misleading to those who might attempt to discover or to desecrate (to certain groups) those lands.
Would removing a mountain or creating a new one, count as "changing the very face of the Earth"? Am I just making connections which are not really there? What do you think, and this question for everyone - thank you in advance,
Roy ~ Oroblanco
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

I believe that people of the old world have already shown us moutains they have built, that tower over the mountains of the earth. The pyramids are one example. If we just could get a bulldozer up there. Just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear i was just kidding. lol. The indian people do till the land although they only use it for the purpose of life. They do protect things as comanded by there spirits or gods. And remember that they are the original people of this land. There isnt a square inch of land they had not walked across.
Last edited by silent hunter on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oroblanco

Post by oroblanco »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, they would not have built an artificial mountain, without dang good reason. What could it have been? A tomb? A temple? A treasure? All three? They sure didn't give much of any treasure to Coronado, and the Spaniards were dead-sure that they were hiding treasures from them. Was that just wishful thinking on the part of the Spanish, or did they have good reason? More questions, and each new answer raises more!
Roy
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Here is what i know. There was in that crack (the entrance to zuni heaven) small, but nuggets of gold quite a few and silver nuggets that were blue with raw silver nuggets popping out turqouise lots and lots. They had been thrown in there as offering in thanx for a good four years. There was also tabacco rolled into corn husks that had been smoked on. But it crosses up my normal thought process when i analize it. Ok why would they buy gold silver and turqouise and other gems. Throw them into a hole of there god to thank him for good corn crops and water. And had been doing so for 1700 years...
oroblanco

Post by oroblanco »

Silent Hunter wrote
Ok why would they buy gold silver and turqouise and other gems.
I am guessing here but would think that this is what modern Zunis are doing, since they are educated the same as the 'white eyes' they may well NOT know the sources to obtain silver, turquoise etc. So they are following tradition, but may not be trusted with ALL the knowledge of the elders. It is just a guess on my part, I don't know the answers.

Roy
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Roy i found another mountain built exactly the same as the one at the end of the zuni trail. It is in down town pheonix for what ever reason left in the middle of the city..It was amazing to here the thoughts of the person who now owns it. He was convinced that it was a platform to view from. It is built the same rocks stacked in the middle and a mound of earth built arround the rocks. But my mound if on top cant see nada because it is in the middle of a gulch. Roy there are a bunch of clues in the above statement. Lets see if anyone can locate that mound in pheonix.
oroblanco

Post by oroblanco »

Do you mean the hill in Papago Park, or the one in the old Army airfield nearby? You mentioned about being an observatory - that makes perfect sense, for many ancient cultures built observatories in order to track the movements of the stars, planets etc for many reasons, one being to keep track of the calendar for planting etc.

It would not make sense for an observatory to be built in a valley/gulch where they would not get good views of the distant horizons. This leaves more questions - why there? What were they hiding?
Roy
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

My guess would be the hill that Tovrea Castle is built upon?
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Interesting guess Jim, but much smaller than that. Another hint!!! It had its own part when they came up with the name for pheonix.
roc2rol

Post by roc2rol »

Jim Hatt wrote:My guess would be the hill that Tovrea Castle is built upon?
Wow Jim I never considered that a man made hill! Just never crossed my mind, But it may very well be! I'll have to take a closer view in the sunlight.

When they named PHOENIX there was a story that the people who offered up names stood on sort of a platform
in the Hohokam village at 44st & Washington.
Just tell us where it at! :lol: