Freedom of speach moderated?

Jim Hatt

Re: Freedom of speach moderated?

Post by Jim Hatt »

Buster wrote:I've just been reading along here for a while and it seems that maybe some of you are too sensitive. I never saw anything that seemed overtly offensive. The way you are patting yourselves on the back makes it seem as though you're happy to have eliminated some sort of nemesis. I hope it's not always like that here, when someone tries to contribute.

Buster,
Since you just joined the Website Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:48 pm, and made your first post at Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:53 pm. I'd say you did VERY LITTLE reading before making this post. I can hardly wait to see your next one!

What do you do with a guy, who walks in the door for the first time, carrying a red flag? :lol:
Buster
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by Buster »

Jim Hatt wrote:
Buster wrote:I've just been reading along here for a while and it seems that maybe some of you are too sensitive. I never saw anything that seemed overtly offensive. The way you are patting yourselves on the back makes it seem as though you're happy to have eliminated some sort of nemesis. I hope it's not always like that here, when someone tries to contribute.

Buster,
Since you just joined the Website Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:48 pm, and made your first post at Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:53 pm. I'd say you did VERY LITTLE reading before making this post. I can hardly wait to see your next one!
I won't keep you waiting then. I've been reading in here for a few months, which doesn't require any sort of login, but I never signed up for a user ID, since I had nothing to say. It seemed appropriate to request one, in order to make a comment once I noticed that many of the postings here were gone and several users were deleted. I found it interesting that there was nothing going on for some time, then as soon as a few posts were made, a hornets nest appeared from both sides of the subjects under discussion. There seemed to be some very deep rooted concerns from everybody that were being voiced here but have now fallen silent.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Buster,

I think I see what you are saying here. You just signed up for membership so you could jump into this one particular conversation, and wave your red flag? Is that correct?

Perhaps you could provide us with an explanation of why your IP is reporting the exact same number as Allen's was? Isn't that an amazing coincidence?

If you have any fantasies about trying that again Allen, you should try using a friend's computer, and hide you red flag better the next time.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Buster,
Buster,
I think I see what you are saying here. You just signed up for membership so you could jump into this one particular conversation, and wave your red flag? Is that correct?
Wow Hatt! What's up with that? That's not nice!
Who's turn is it to watch you?

Moderator Note: Another one Bites the Dust!
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

There's our answer. It was just the "EYE" of the storm passing over.
Greg, you stand at the front door, and Yuccahead, you take the back door, and I will just pass them to which ever one of you is closest!
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

Buster - With all due respect it's obvious that you haven't been reading this forum for the past several years, and really have no clear understanding of what's taken place over this period of time. If you have, and had a vested interest in the topics that were being discussed, why is it that you just now decided to sign-up and make comments? I would be interested in hearing your reply. Thanks!

Moderator Note: Buster has already left the building Greg. His IP identified him as a reincarnated Allen. Scroll up and read down the whole page. I don't think they realize how serious we are about cleaning up this forum, and keeping it clean. Jim
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

Plays In The Dirt wrote:
Buster - With all due respect it's obvious that you haven't been reading this forum for the past several years, and really have no clear understanding of what's taken place over this period of time. If you have, and had a vested interest in the topics that were being discussed, why is it that you just now decided to sign-up and make comments? I would be interested in hearing your reply. Thanks!

Moderator Note: Buster has already left the building Greg. His IP identified him as a reincarnated Allen. Scroll up and read down the whole page. I don't think they realize how serious we are about cleaning up this forum, and keeping it clean. Jim
I was going to suggest that in my post because that's what I thought was going on but I didn't want to be argumentative.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Greg,

It's not going to do them any good to come back under another ID, if they are going to pick up right where they left off with their old ID. :lol:

I think THIS particular Topic will set an all time record for being the most argumentative before the dust settles. But... we can delete the whole thing when it's over if necessary.
MMM

Post by MMM »

I for one have beeen posting here a very long time. And yes, at times i have gotten angered by statements made by some people and have expressed that anger openly. I hope that the censorship of language will not continue into actual topics. name calling serves no one, however, as faras i am aware, this is a place to disucss the desert and how people may use the desert resources. In my time here I see a lot of anti-ohv basshing usually from the same people. People get angury when these people are asked specific questions or are called on statements, and then recieve no responce or more simple minded bashing. I hope we can have open, frank and honest dialog in here, but that means BOTH sides must listen and respond to questions and not just put on the smoke screen.

Mike
yuccahead
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by yuccahead »

MMM wrote: In my time here I see a lot of anti-ohv basshing usually from the same people.

Mike
I couldn't agree more. The bashing of anti-ohv posters on this forum usually does come from the same people- the ones that are either leaving voluntarily or being dispatched.