COW meeting ??

Brew

COW meeting ??

Post by Brew »

Did any of you attend the COW meeting on the 22nd? Any information that you can pass along?

Brew
Sal

Re: COW meeting ??

Post by Sal »

MMM
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by MMM »

COW is up in arms again yet from sals post, it would seem things are actually getting better.

"According to the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department the number of reported illegal off-road riding has declined the past four years. Not because people are afraid but because deputy’s now have the resources for more frequent patrols.

“Occasionally we will get a call from somebody who feels they’ve been the victim of retaliation based on a complaint made by about illegal OHV activity,” said Porter. “However those calls are extremely rare, I can’t remember the last time we had one.”

End-quote

Nuff said

Mike
Stanley

Post by Stanley »

Actually COW was crying wolf and they got shut down with their normal fabrications. KESQ and the LA TIMES sensationalized the meeting.

The proper authorities are getting wise to the non-sense they spew.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Yep......and I suppose them 8 people who were killed at an off road event over in the nearby Johnston Valley OHV area recently were the result of the media "crying wolf" Nuff said there. Lets not forgetabout the 10 others who were injured enough to require hospitalization!
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Confiscate the vehicles of illegal ohv users and make em pay!
MMM

Post by MMM »

sandman, no offence, but your comments are off topic. There was a long thread about the racing incident and who did what.

http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2091

Mike
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Sorry, no offence intended. I was recovering in a hospital with very limited internet access back in August. I do have plenty of experience dealing with chronic unlawful ohv use in San Bernardino county however. It's good to know that DUSA has its own internet topic police though :) Speaking of off topic, the snow level hit 3500 feet today. Pretty cool aint it!
TradClimber

Post by TradClimber »

Guys!!!

It's a new year.

Can't you kiss and make up.

TradClimber

PS: Sandman - glad to hear you're doing better.
Sal

Post by Sal »

destroying nature for fun is evil.