8th. ANNUAL DUTCH HUNTER'S RENDEZVOUS

Moderator: Jim_b

AshtonPage
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: 8th. ANNUAL DUTCH HUNTER'S RENDEZVOUS

Post by AshtonPage »

Guys,

I need some advice about the Rendezvous from some of you that have attended previous sessions.

What do I stand to miss if I don’t make it Friday night?

How early do things get started on Saturday morning?

I realize that past performance is no guarantee of what will happen this year, but I’ve never been to a rendezvous before, so I am without a clue. I shall however limit my claim to cluelessness to the rendezvous - and only the rendezvous.

Thanks in advance,

Ashton
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Ashton:

Many arrive Friday evening, from 4pm onward.
While there's lots of introductions and re-acquainting going on, and many interesting discussions you may miss, the presentation(s) are generally done Saturday evening.
If you are there during the day on Saturday, you should be able to catch up on whatever you may have missed Friday night.

Regards:Wayne
AshtonPage

Post by AshtonPage »

Thanks Wayne - see you there.

Ashton
djui5

Post by djui5 »

Joe wanted someone to post this:

All,

I noticed that Ashton asked (DUSA) if he would miss anything by waiting until Sat. to come to the event. Dr. Glover will be the main speaker Sat. night, and no one should miss that.

At this time, the guys are trying to find another speaker for Friday night, so the answer is.....maybe. As Wayne mentioned over on DUSA, there is a great deal of conversation on Friday as people are relaxing after setting up. Many locals just drive out for each day, such as Tom Kollenborn.

It really is a three day event, and the information and stories flow for all three days, as well as going late into the night. Beth and Bob Corbin have talked 'til three in the morning. That's not unusual at all.

Just to be clear, I gave up the planing for the nuts and bolts part of the Rendezvous
after the third or fourth event. Randy, Greg and Wayne were kind enough to take
over that job. Carolyn and I stayed on to host the events and provide some food,
shade, water.....etc.

My health has been getting worse lately and that, as well some other issues, convinced us that we should give up the hosting as well. That does not mean I have no interest in the event, and I will keep up with what the plans are each year.

As I receive that information, I will try to make sure it is passed along to everyone.

See you there,

Joe Ribaudo
djui5

Post by djui5 »

Regarding the event and schedule, I will be opening the gates on Friday morning. We, at this time, do not have a speaker scheduled for Friday evening. We previously did speakers on Friday and Saturday. We also found that it would be better for people to hang out/tell yarns on Friday and have a single guest speaker event on Saturday. This allows people time to get in and get settled Friday evening without having to worry about missing a speaker. We have guests from as far as Alaska for this event.

Friday night I will be cooking a goolash for people to eat if they want. Saturday night we will be cooking hamburgers and hot dogs, with chips/etc. Please be mindful of self reliance at this event. We will not have enough food to feed everyone as most people bring their own food anyway. Also the facility does have bathrooms, but not running water. If you think you'll need anything, please bring it.

Sunday has been "pack up and leave" day. Some people do have breakfast and hang out for a while. I will need to lock the gates before sundown so keep that in mind.

We usually do a trip of some sort on Saturday morning. Plans for that will be announced soon.
djui5

Post by djui5 »

I just realized some of that was posted already :lol:

See you all there!
coazon de oro

Post by coazon de oro »

Ashton,

Since I had no comment on Herman, I thought I'd answer you here, so it wouldn't be off topic.

As much I would like to meet everyone, and goolash does sound pretty good, I am going to have to pass on this rendezvous. My grand daughter will be celebrating her second birthday that Sunday, and I can't fly, hell I can't even swim.

Spanish markers? I personally am not into that. All those self proclaimed experts just take you for a ride.

Homar
AshtonPage

Post by AshtonPage »

Thanks Joe

and thanks djui for the re-posting over here.

I'll do my best to make it on Friday. We'll see how that flies with my partner's girlfriend........ funny how my buddies girlfriends somehow end up running my life as well.

Best,
Ashton
djui5

Post by djui5 »

I also need to make an announcement that no pets will be allowed at the camp site during the event. Thanks for your understanding.
roc2rol

Post by roc2rol »

I missed it again
Hope everyone as a great time

roc