PSM and Weaver's Needle

Moderator: Jim_b

PBFred
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

PSM and Weaver's Needle

Post by PBFred »

I was just curious if that everyone knew that when Weaver's Needle is viewed from the east, it appears heart shaped?

I find this rather a big coincidence when it comes to deciphering the PSM's. They, having a huge heart shaped insert and the most distinct large landmark, within about 500 miles or so, also looking heart shaped when viewed from the east.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I got really into the PSM's about 6 years ago, but without any true progress being made, have just started looking into them again. 6 years ago, not once did I find any mention of Weaver's needle looking like a heart... I find that rather weird.

So, is this just something a small percentage of PSMers know? Or does everyone know it now?

BTW, my "big finding" 6 years ago was that if you start from Gold Camp and follow the PSM's trail, it almost perfectly follows the contours of the land to Herman's Cave. Which just happens to be due east of Weaver's Needle. I don't have a pic from the top of cliffs of Herman's Cave to see exactly what the Needle looks like, but via Google Earth, it does look like a heart. It seems to be one hell of a coincidence. And not having been there, I really don't know how visible Herman's Cave is from the valley it is in. The few pics I can find don't really show much. Granted, unless it is buried, there doesn't seem to be anything in Herman's Cave.
Azhiker

Re: PSM and Weaver's Needle

Post by Azhiker »

pbfred,

You are correct, from the east, Weavers Needle does look like a heart, or a partially buried heart depending on which angle you view it from. It also looks like a heart from some angles on the west side also. Herman's cave is empty and you cannot see the Needle from the mouth of the cave but if you climb to the top of the cliff the cave is in, you get a beautiful view of Weaver's Needle and the heart shape.

Azhiker

PBFred

Post by PBFred »

Azhiker, thanks for confirming that you can see Weaver's Needle from the top of the cliffs above Herman's Cave, and that it does look like a heart from there. Views from Google Earth, especially when looking from an angle, have to be taken with a grain of salt, as opposed to fact, like a lot of people do. Weaver's Needle being one of the best examples of how distorted a 2D image laid over a topological map can distort things. Just do a semi-close up of it and the east side is super distorted.

I'm still amazed that I don't hear more about the Needle when researching the PSMs. You have a map with a heart being an extremely prominent feature. And in the same basic area it was found, you have a colossal heart shaped rock formation. I find that too much of a coincidence to be ignored. Yet 6 years ago, I never found this mentioned once. And a week ago, I found one, maybe two, references to it. The Needle, as being a heart, seems to be highly overlooked when it comes to deciphering the PSMs.

I wouldn't doubt that Herman's Cave is somehow intertwined into deciphering the stones, especially with that natural arch nearby. Speaking of which, I know where Herman's Cave is on maps, but I haven't been able to narrow down exactly where the arch is. I just know it nearby and I have seen many pictures of it. Are you familiar with it? And can you tell me where it is located in reference to the cave?

If it is a tad southwest, it would match up rather well with that "omega" symbol on the stones, if my theory that Herman's Cave is where the trail leads to.

I would post my map if this site allowed larger pics. When I shrink it down that small, it is rather useless. I need to post it somewhere so I can just post a link. (Up until recently, I had my own server just for stuff like that. But it was old and finally died.)

BTW, I'm not sure what the deal is, but it looks like you posted some pics, but it tells me that I don't have permission to view them. I'm not sure what that is all about.
Azhiker

Post by Azhiker »

PBFred,

I have always wondered myself about Weavers Needle and it's obvious heart shape and if it couldn't be related in some way to the heart of the stone maps. I think a lot of people feel that way but cannot decipher the stones. I am in that catagory, I have tried to figure out the stone maps but failed on every try.

The arch you mentioned, I believe, is what I know as "Herman's arch". I call it that because that is what other hikers have told me it is named. I have never seen it marked or officially named on any map. You are correct, it would be a little southwest of Herman's cave on the south side of LaBarge Canyon about 1/4 to 1/2 mile up LaBarge from it's confluence with Whiskey Springs canyon.

I am new here so not very intelligent about posting photos. I tried to post a couple photos showing the Herman's cave and Needle looking like a heart as you mentioned in your post. I get the same message you do about not having the right to view the attachment files. ?

Possibly the moderator could explain how and if we can attach photos and view them. ?

Azhiker
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Best way to post photos or docs is to put them in a Photobucket account.
After having done that, all you have to do is click on the lowest box under your photo, which automatically copies the link, which you can then paste anywhere in your post on this site.

Regards:Somehiker
PBFred

Post by PBFred »

Well, Somehiker, you finally got me motivated enough to create a Photobucket account. :) I'm an IT Pro, so using my own server is so much easier for me. But with its recent death, I can't justify spending money on a new one.

Anyways, here is the link to the map I created about 6 years ago.

Basically, I just used Paint Shop Pro and a multi-layered pic to trace the red line (aka, trail) from the stones. Then was able to overlay that on top of the map, while being able to resize and rotate the red trail any way I wanted... and this was the best fit I could find.

Granted, it isn't exactly perfect, but I imagine back in the 1800's, the stone maps would be more than accurate enough to follow this route.

And like I said, it ends up right at Herman's Cave. Which, if you climb to the top of cliffs there, gives you a view of Weaver's Needle looking just like a Heart. And from what Azhiker said, just southwest of Herman's Cave is were a natural arch formation exists, which would match up rather well with the Omega looking symbol on the stone maps. (BTW, Azhiker, as far as I can tell, that arch doesn't have an official name.)

So if my map just happens to be true, here is where you start running into problems. Was Herman's Cave the "secret" place that gold ore or even gold bars were stashed? Or is this just the starting point in which you now need to decipher the rest of the stone maps to find the real destination? So this could be the solution, and the gold is gone. Or it could just be a starting point. Without being able to get out there and check it out myself, it kind of causes me to lean towards the "this is solution, no need to look further" idea. :)

BTW, IMO, no need to hide my possible solution to the PSMs because I'm not going to be checking it out anytime soon. And if someone gains insight by my theories and actually finds a cache of gold, I'm hoping that they would be generous enough to give me a small portion of their findings.
PBFred

Post by PBFred »

So, did you all find my map so ridiculous that I didn't get a response?

Or did you find it credible enough that you have been researching it and haven't had a chance to respond yet?

Honestly, if you find it ridiculous, I have zero problems with hearing about why it is wrong. Actually, I want to know why it wrong.

Either way, I would like to know what people think of my map... good or bad. Unless someone finds the secret location of what the PSMs... my theory is as good as any others at this point. And if someone wants to say I am insane, then so be it. I have no way of disputing them.
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

PBF:

Not at all. Looks like it would make an interesting but probably strenuous hike.
Personally, I think it's wrong to try to make the "trail" on the Map Stones match any route through the mountains, partly because of what I have said about the Stones we have all applying to a small area deep within the range. In my area of interest this "trail", which is not what most would consider a trail at all, is actually very short. It begins at the base of the Priest, where the 3-N2-P is wrapped around the front, and ends on a large step or terrace-like area above and behind the Priest. This terrace was formed when a large section of mountain broke away and slipped down the face, likely creating a slip fault cave of some kind.
Larger caves, like Herman's, draw to much attention from those seeking shelter,for themselves or for storage and even just the curious. Anything visible from a distance, therefore, I would think a poor choice to stash valuable ore or goods. Some large cavity with a small entrance, easily concealed, would be much more secure IMO.

Regards:Somehiker
PBFred

Post by PBFred »

Somehiker,

From what I have read, hiking to Herman's cave is more of an overnight deal unless you are in seriously good shape (hiking at that altitude is tough). I agree that a highly visible cave wouldn't be a spot to hide anything in, but I wonder what it looked like 100 to 200 years ago? It may have had a lot of growth around it, or even only had a small opening that opened up over time. It would be cool to check it out no matter what.

I also had another thought about the Omega symbol could actually be the cave and so the real end of the trail is close by, like up on top of the ridge the cave is in, and which gives you a view of the Needle from its heart shaped angle. And as I said before, this could just be the starting point of where you need to decipher the Latin Heart to figure out the rest. No way to know for sure until someone finds something.

But I do disagree with you about the trail not being an actual trail. If the stones were made by the Jesuits (or anyone for that matter) to give to others so that they could find their way back, they definitely would need a pretty decent map to get there. Then, as I mentioned, may have needed to solve some code once they got to the end of the trail to figure out where to go next. The cave being a good sign that they reached the correct destination. And if you were coming from the south, as the Jesuits most likely would have been, then this matches up quite nicely.

Also, both the double stoned heart map and the Horse stone show a "squiggly" line across the top, one labeled as "Rio" and the other just "R", which isn't hard to jump to the conclusion that it is depicting a river in both cases. Also, both having an Omega symbol right beneath the river. Plus they both show another "squiggly" line below it, both with a Christian Cross right beneath it. IMO, this other line was a known trail used by many. So, I theorize that the Horse stone is map showing a much larger area, like where the more detailed map (the 2 stones and heart) starting place is.

So, while your theory about it being on a much smaller scale may be true, I don't think it would have merited the work to make all these stones. And as I pointed out, the Horse stone appears to depict a much larger scaled area of the Heart stones. But, like I said, until someone actually finds a treasure or such, this is all speculation. So, while I disagree with you about the trail, it doesn't mean I don't find merit in your theory. Weaver's Needle being the most prominent heart shaped stone in the area, this all could focus around that and a small cave entrance that is covered up by a enough rocks that it wouldn't be found unless you knew what you were looking for. Who knows? :)

Fred
Hooch

Post by Hooch »

Wasnt' the Needle blasted to shit back in the early 1900s? So if the map was real it wouldnt look like a heart begin with. Facts no fiction.