City Of 29 Palms Goes After Off-Road Dollar$

Ken@WonderValley
The middle number please (4): 7

City Of 29 Palms Goes After Off-Road Dollar$

Post by Ken@WonderValley »

Finally the City of Twentynine Palms is thinking forward in getting its share of revenue from the off-road community and the State Green Sticker Fund from Off Highway Vehicles. The plan is for Off Highway Vehicles to access the City of Twentynine Palms from the local washes and to get out of the city to legal riding areas. In a perfect world one would access the Wemo Trails in Wonder Valley, take the washes into the City of Twentynine Palms and then travel to Giant Rock all legally.

The Twentynine Palms Trail Workshop for Off Highway Vehicles is set for Thursday April 16 2009 from 7:15 to 8:45 p.m. City Spokesperson Vickie Waite says the work group meetings are designed to further discuss proposed trail designations for local user groups and are a follow-up to the Community Trails Plan public workshop held Feb. 26. A detailed report and preliminary maps resulting from that meeting can be found on the City’s web site at: http://www.ci.twentynine-palms.ca.us.

All meetings are open to the public and will be held in the conference room at the Twentynine Palms Park & Recreation Office, on Joe Davis Drive in Luckie Park.
We need every person interested in OFF Highway Vehicle Trails to attend this Thursdays meeting. With planning we can be the next California City.

Map of ORV trails http://www.ci.twentynine-palms.ca.us/fi ... 090226.pdf

Goldseeker

Re: City Of 29 Palms Goes After Off-Road Dollar$

Post by Goldseeker »

So, who will go?
Ken@WonderValley

Hopefully you will go Goldseeker. Tell them you want to access gold mines. Tell them tourists like gold mines as well.

This is the greatest thing that could possibly happen in Twentynine Palms. From the city getting their hands on a piece of the 90 million ORV trust fund to the increased sales tax revenue its win win.

Gas stations busy, hotels busy, markets/liquor stores busy, auto shops, tire shops, woman that don’t ride getting their hair and nails done. Permits paid for motorhome parking, operating permits paid by non residents, maps being sold all equal more money in 29.

Our City is a tourist destination and we are the last city out here so we have a monopoly. With a great plan orchestrated the correct way 29 has enough potential to be developed as a rural world class destination

Twentynine Palms should model California City.

California City officials have secured a $37,000 grant for improvements to Borax Bill Park, “an oasis in the desert” used by off-road enthusiasts and area campers. http://www.califcity.com/ohv-A.html

California City OHV Operating Permit Program. “In God We Trust” California City residents may obtain their permit(s) free of charge at the Police… http://www.californiacity-ca.us/
Goldseeker

Post by Goldseeker »

Ken, call me about that meeting tommorow night
Ken@WonderValley

Report on trails meeting: Cry Baby Sherry Hall does not want her picture taken http://www.dpcinc.org/_new/images/orv_sb_pics/5.jpg

If you have ever attended a meeting that is filled with both pro and anti off-road vehicle folks you know it can and does get pretty contentious to say the least. http://vote29.com/myblog/?p=463

The more I think about last night the more I get upset. People can not expect to keep anonymity when speaking at or conducting public and open meetings. You have the absolute right to record, photograph and report on those public and open meetings. http://vote29.com/myblog/?p=469
EZRider

Post by EZRider »

I don't blame Sherry, Ken.

As I understand it, you didn't present any testimony at the B.O.S. hearing, yet you have repeatedly ridiculed Sherry by posting contrived videos that distorted her testimony.

You now accuse her of being a "crybaby".

Big man!

EZ
Dan

Post by Dan »

I can't understand why Sherry doesn't want to be recorded. She's actually kinda cute in a quirky sort of way. :geek:

She'd make a great off-roader chick. She should just relax and go with the flow of public opinion, and enjoy herself once in a while, instead of always swimming upstream. No one's trying to disrespect her, shut her out of the conversation, intimidate her, or make her shut up. She's more than welcome to present whatever it is that's on her mind. This wouldn't be a great country without some diverse ideas to choose from. Everyone gets the occasional idea that sounds good in the living room, but once you try to apply it in real life, it falls flat on its face. She shouldn't be so afraid of failing. Who knows? Maybe she'll have a good idea or two that is helpful to understand where the COWs are coming from. But, unless we all get a chance to see and hear it, then it can't possibly help, can it?

I happen to know one of the people that sits on this commission. I've had dinner at their house, and worked charity events with this person, sharing a golf cart on more than one occasion, and a few drinks. There's no way this person would allow anyone to be intimidated in any way, and I trust them implicitly. But even with that, I'd still insist on an open meeting and the right to record the proceedings under the Brown Act. Transparency is the ONLY way to guarantee good government.

If someone doesn't want to talk on camera, that's their right to decline. But the camera has the right to be there, just as each of the citizens in attendance have a right to be there, whether they choose to speak or not.
EZRider

Post by EZRider »

Dan wrote:I can't understand why Sherry doesn't want to be recorded. She's actually kinda cute in a quirky sort of way. :geek:

I happen to know one of the people that sits on this commission. I've had dinner at their house, and worked charity events with this person, sharing a golf cart on more than one occasion, and a few drinks.
What a big man you are, Dan! Nothing wrong with picking on the girls, right?

Particularly this one (since you used an emoticon to tag her as a "geek"). In contrast, you're s-o-o-o cool, letting us know that you're "in" with the "big boys"!

Why not send the female Commissioner a copy of Ken's tape?

EZ
Pharo

Post by Pharo »

EZRider wrote:

EZ
The facts of "Ken's Tape" are he didn't record it, he only edited it. The BoS did all the recording and its public record. But that’s not the funny part, the funny part is the recording and edited review would not have even been possible without the "performers".

Once again I have to say if you don't want to look like a fool on camera, then don't act like one when the camera is rolling. If the people that spoke at the BoS meeting are unhappy about how they look in the production then maybe they should have rehearsed the part before the meeting.

Later,

PBiZ
EZRider

Post by EZRider »

Pharo wrote:
EZRider wrote:

EZ
The facts of "Ken's Tape" are he didn't record it, he only edited it. The BoS did all the recording and its public record. Once again I have to say if you don't want to look like a fool on camera, then don't act like one when the camera is rolling.
As I said, Pharo, if Ken is not deliberately and unfairly trying to make Sherry look foolish, why not send a copy of his "edited" tape to the female BoS member?

EZ