| Horned Lizard
Painted Pewter, just like the real thing. Only $49.95
Book of Answers
By David Wentworth Lazaroff
Whether you're an armchair explorer curious about the desert's many "exotic" plants and animals, or a long-time resident trying to negotiate a truce with a persistent packrat or woodpecker percussionist, settle back and enjoy your journey of discovery. You're certain to learn a thing or two that will change forever the way you look at desert life. Here are few examples of the questions covered.
- What exactly is a desert?
- How do I keep rattlesnakes out of my yard?
- How to keep dangerous scorpions and spiders out of my house?
- How do I attract hummingbirds to my yard?
- What should I take on a desert hike?
- How can I protect my pets from coyotes and bobcats?
- What's the oldest living things in the desert?
- Are Gila monsters dangerous?
Supplemented with nearly 100 illustrations, this 200 page book is broken down into three sections:
- Getting to know the desert
- The desert as one's backyard,
- Enjoying the desert.
Seven useful appendixes cover a range of topics including hummingbird gardening, venomous bites and stings, climate, and additional sources of information about desert life. A fun way to learn how wild and fascinating our deserts really are!
back to top
Share this page on Facebook:
DesertUSA Newsletter -- We send articles on hiking, camping and places to explore, as well as animals, wildflower reports, plant information and much more. Sign up below or read more about the DesertUSA newsletter here. (It's Free.)
The Desert Environment
The North American Deserts
Desert Geological Terms