Wildflower Reports Overview
April 11, 2011 – The forecast is good for the desert and it is getting warm. The blooms are slowing down on the lower valleys. Cool weather and rain along the coast last week may extend the wildflower season in some area. Updated reports below.
- Phoenix Area and Northern AZ – Updated April 11, 2011
- Tucson Area and Southern AZ – Updated April 11, 2011
- Anza Borrego DSP – Updated April 11, 2011
- Death Valley NP – Updated April 6, 2011, 2011
- Joshua Tree NP – Updated April 11, 2011
- Mojave NP & Amboy –Updated March 25, 2011
- California Southern – Updated April 11, 2011
- California Northern and Oregon– Updated April 8, 2011
- Nevada and Utah – Updated April 8, 2011
- New Mexico – Updated Feb. 19, 2011
- Texas – Updated March 11, 2011
HELP CONTROL SAHARA MUSTARD IN ANZA-BORREGO click here for more information
A good book for flower identification is the Mojave Desert Wildflowers Book. Thanks for your support and pictures.
We have an online wildflower field guide that is designed to help you identify desert wildflowers by color, scientific name, region and common name. The pictures are sized to work on the iPod, iPhone. iPad and similar devices. With your iPod or phone you will easily be able to identify wildflowers while in the desert. Links for downloads are on the bottom of the Wildflower Field Guide page.
Need tips on how to get that great photo? We have several articles here at DesertUSA that will help. Links to DesertUSA photography articles.
Desert Wildflower 2011 Season Updates by State and Parks
Send your pictures to DesertUSA!
Use Wildflower Report as the subject of your e-mail when sending reports.