The desert is a wonderful place to enjoy the outdoors and to spend time in recreational activities. People go to the desert to camp, to hike, to bike, to fish, and to explore. Whatever your reason for going, there are plenty of things to do once you get there. Here are some ideas...
Here are some of our DesertUSA staff articles about driving tours, on and off paved roads. More...
Find interesting rocks and minerals that you might like to collect and display or make into jewelry. More..
Related DesertUSA Pages
- How to Turn Your Smartphone into a Survival Tool
- 26 Tips for Surviving in the Desert
- Death by GPS
- 7 Smartphone Apps to Improve Your Camping Experience
- Maps Parks and More
- Desert Survival Skills
- How to Keep Ice Cold in the Desert
- Desert Rocks, Minerals & Geology Index
- Preparing an Emergency Survival Kit
- Get the Best Hotel and Motel Rates
Share this page on Facebook:
DesertUSA Newsletter -- We send articles on hiking, camping and places to explore, as well as animals, wildflower reports, plant information and much more. Sign up below or read more about the DesertUSA newsletter here. (It's Free.)