The desert is a wonderful place to enjoy the outdoors and to spend time in recreational activities. People come to the desert to camp, to hike, to bike, to fish, and to explore. Whatever your reason for coming, there are plenty of things to do once you get here. Here are some ideas...
All about birds, where to see them, photography, and making a backyard bird sanctuary. More...
Find interesting rocks and minerals that you might like to collect and display or make into jewelry. More..
Related DesertUSA Pages
- How to Turn Your Smartphone into a Survival Tool
- 26 Tips for Surviving in the Desert
- Death by GPS
- 7 Smartphone Apps to Improve Your Camping Experience
- Maps Parks and More
- Desert Survival Skills
- How to Keep Ice Cold in the Desert
- Desert Rocks, Minerals & Geology Index
- Preparing an Emergency Survival Kit
- Get the Best Hotel and Motel Rates
Share this page on Facebook:
DesertUSA Newsletter -- We send articles on hiking, camping and places to explore, as well as animals, wildflower reports, plant information and much more. Sign up below or read more about the DesertUSA newsletter here. (It's Free.)