Tumlinson Saga

Moderator: Jim_b

Carrol
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Here is what happened

Post by Carrol »

I still really enjoyed speaking with you at the rendezvous – it would be nice to see you again
[/quote]

We can meet with Dave during the next get together.
Last edited by Carrol on Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
deducer

Post by deducer »

Old wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:22 pm Somehiker wrote: >>And I ain't the one wearing the panties around here......just sayin<<

Did Wayne just mention he was going commando??? Who'da Tunk it?
Regardless, Somehiker does raise a valid point- those cacti are not old enough to be around the time of the Jesuit explusion.
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

Last edited by RMG1976 on Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deducer

Post by deducer »

RMG1976 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:41 am
I think it'd be best to refrain from jumping to conclusions until the entire story is told. As mentioned in reply to Wayne, I haven't given a timeline - or even begun to explain the 1847 site yet - or the folks that crafted it. While Wayne himself has jumped to a conclusion - and presumed that the 1847 Site was crafted during the expulsion - those are not words that have come out of my mouth (or hands, in this sense).

The 1847 Site wasn't crafted during the Jesuit explosion, or even within a broad range of that time period.

This is how rumors get started....let's keep it on the up & up
No problem, please proceed with the story. Looking forward to the next installment.
R.C.

Post by R.C. »

I have an unsolicited question for the agent who did not believe the cache recovery on site "47" warranted investigation.

Or should I say....I would have had a question for the agent, as it was not my visit.
Just how much ,and what type disturbance of the surface do you need? ( Followed days later by the sound of dig,scratch ,disturb.)
Carrol

Post by Carrol »

Ryan, since you haven't posted today, I wonder if you can email me today's part of the story?
Thanks,
Carrol
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

Last edited by RMG1976 on Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

Last edited by RMG1976 on Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

Last edited by RMG1976 on Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

Ryan - thanks for continuing your story. I swore I wasn't going to interrupt until the end but I just want a quick clarification of where we are right now based on your previous posts. Please take a look at my takeaway and let me know if I'm on the same page as you or not...

1. The stone maps that we know from the Life Magazine as well as museum were created completely from beginning to end by Travis using the "Ground" and "Barn" maps as some sort of guides - not reproductions of those maps per se. but with some basis.

2. The small grey stone (key stone) fits inside another set of stones that have nothing to do with nor do they resemble at all the stone maps Travis carved.

3. You believe the grey stone set of maps was the set of stones mentioned in the newspaper account of Grijalva

4. You believe the grey stone set of maps is the set of maps purchased from Charlie Miller by Travis for ~$8000 - or at least those are the stones Travis wanted to purchase

5. I'm not sure about this part, so correct me if I'm wrong... You believe based on Travis' manuscript that Charlie Miller and someone else discovered those grey stone maps in Roy Bradford's old camp shortly before he died and that the grey stone maps were in the possession of Adolph Ruth at some point.

Let me know if I interpreted things correctly so far...