Moderator: Jim_b

babymick1
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Anything related to the LDM

Post by babymick1 »

No Brian

Don't go away, keep your mind open to being Questioned
about a lot of stuff, That's the whole idea of it. When no ones has nothing let to debate you will have a story to write. If you sold one your in the door to more.

I don't want your secrets of your quest, or private thoughts but I'd like to here of things you've found.
Silver, Gold, Caves, artifacts, jewels, stone heads, Arrow
heads, markings, smelters, crushers ect.

Babymick1
Crazy Old Man

Adolph Ruth's directions to the LDM

Post by Crazy Old Man »

After five years of research about the Lost Dutchman Mine, I self-published the book titled: "THE LOST DUTHMEN MINE and PEG LEG PETE MINE" (ISBN: 978-1-4787-9011-2) in 2017. This book was purely my supposition thoughts on the Peralta Stones and the Lost Dutchman Mine in general. Last week, I was sorting some paper in my files an found an article about Adolph Ruth and his relationship to the LDM. This sparked my interest and made a research on line. The research I made led me to web page treasureilliusted.com/Public/LostDutchman.pdf and the article titled: "ADOLPH RUTH'S DIRECTIONS to the LOST DUTCHMAN MINE" . The following partial quotes were from an article written by P.C. Bicknell that appeared in a San Francisco Chronicle January 13, 1895. The quotes was made by Jacob Waltz, also know as "Old Dutch Yoccup".

" ... ... a monumented trail which led them "northward over aloft ridge; thence downward past Sombrero Butte (Weavers Needle) into a long canyon running north, and finally into tributary canyon very deep and rocky, and densely wood with continuous thicket of scrub oak.' In my research of the LDM, I wrote a suppositional interpretation of the Julia Thomas Map. This interpretation of the Julia Thomas Map indicated that Jacob Waltz had been to Weavers Needle. Therefore, it is assumed this that Jacob Waltz past by Weavers Needle on his first visit to the Lost Dutchman Mine, It further assumed that when entered the oak scrub canyon the trail to the Lost Dutchman Mine had been monumented by the Peralta Party.
NOTE: The forgoing thoughts are suppositional. Sincerely, CRAZY OLD MAN P.S. The following quote is from the forgoing article: "The great clew for which all the search is now being is a rock cabin in a cave, which according to "Old Yoccup's" story, is "directly from the mine and not more than 200 feet from it." In the book "THE LOST DUTCHAN MINE and PEG LEG PETE MINE" this the eaxact description of the LDM in the forgoing book. Sincerely. CRAZY OLD MAN
MrsReid1995

Post by MrsReid1995 »

Hi there....is there any new information about the LDGM? Also I would love to talk to anyone that was in contact with my grandfather. Mr.X. Yes this is probably hard to believe. But I am his grand daughter. I've been reading everything I can get my hands on around here related to him and his article. I do believe we have papers he wrote about his research. If I can find them I'd love to share them sometime. And I have this itch to finish what my grandfather started.
Gregory E. Davis

Post by Gregory E. Davis »

Good evening Mrs. Reid. Are you referring to John Reed who claimed to have been taken to the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine as a young boy by his father.? Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
MrsReid1995

Post by MrsReid1995 »

Ah no I'm referring to Louis Smith. Aka Mr. X that wrote an article on this site years ago.
Jim_b

Post by Jim_b »

I'm afraid my friend Mr X has passed on to that eternal treasure hunting ground in the after-life.
bhussey

Post by bhussey »

Has anyone been here:
0.jpg
The Parelta Stone Heart is in the Middle Left Corner and the Mine is being pointed to good luck...If you like to discuss call me...5153447704 was bored.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MrsReid1995

Post by MrsReid1995 »

Jim_b wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:23 am I'm afraid my friend Mr X has passed on to that eternal treasure hunting ground in the after-life.
Hi there Jim sorry it's been forever since I replied last. I'm his grand daughter, my father is Robert Smith that's Louis Smiths son. My father had a 2nd stroke in 2020 and I've been handling his affairs.

What can you tell me about my grandfather and the Lost Dutchman Gold mine? Has it truly been found? I'm interested in writing a book about him. Like I did back when I was a 2nd grader which he got to read before he passed. Anything you could tell me would be helpful.
Jim_b

Post by Jim_b »

The location he found was not the Lost Dutchman Mine. Has it been found, that is the still the unanswered question.