THE LATIN HEART

Moderator: Jim_b

somehiker
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: THE LATIN HEART

Post by somehiker »

Jim:
While slate is a strong possibility,suggested by the reported colour,I am still leaning towards a dark clay,or even a "concrete" casting of some kind,perhaps with a constituent of black sand giving the colour. ;) My reasoning is based on my belief that there was simply not enough time available to carve so many delicate inscriptions into a piece of stone,while turning it this way and that.Both materials can attain a smooth surface when sandwiched beetween smooth surfaces for final hardening.I am still working on this scenario and my beliefs may yet change to some degree. I may even go to the trouble of testing my theory by mixing some portland cement with some fine black sand that I brought back from a previous trip.The result,though necessarily small due to the fact that it was a small sample,should give some indication of the validity of my idea.It is too bad that this heart has been destroyed in that we will never know the true makeup.

Regards:SH.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Mornin' SH,

I have already made a reproduction of the Latin Heart out of Plaster of Paris, and found that I was able to get all the info etched into it after it had hardened. That validated the "Messenger" good enough for me, and I began to focus all my efforts on understanding the "Message".

Jim
javaone

Post by javaone »

I would,myself,be inclined to suspect that the "features" shown on the "descriptive" side were meant to orientate the map reader to the features that were,and probably remain visible within site of,or very close when viewed from what I suspect was originally a work camp/headquarters where refining and casting was the purpose.These "features" would,of course,be within the field of view that one would have while standing in the relevant position as indicated and facing to the direction that the arrangement of the word implies.
Hello Jim,

I agree with SH’s thoughts about the Latin words describing the area where they lived and worked. I’m still torn about the other side.
Even though my intelligence is somewhere between that of a Jesuit Priest and a peon, :lol: :roll: I feel the other side could be more of the same - describing the lay of the land, elevations of their little world.

Jerry
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Jerry,

It looks like you have successfully completed step 1 of understanding the Latin Heart, which is being open minded enough, to consider the possibility that it might be authentic.

Step 2 is a lot harder, and takes a lot longer to complete, but is a whole lot more fun... Finding the landmarks shown on it, out in the field.

Hint: Google Earth is not going to help you here. I already know where a number of the landmarks are, and they are not visible on Google Earth.

Note to everyone following this discussion: Some people go crazy with Google Earth, and come up with all kinds of strange theories, about things they think the can see in the images. All Google Earth photos and discussions should be posted to:
http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=476

~Busca El Coazon~

Jim
javaone

Post by javaone »

My Apologies Jim,

I have not studied the numeric side of the Latin heart I must admit. :oops: I just glanced at it on occasion. I assumed it was a further description of the other side of which I do have my own opinions on. After going back to the drawing board on this I see the errors of my ways and plan to go back into some areas of interest to me to search for some of the landmarks and so on depicted on the numeric side. I’m glad you pointed that out to me; this keeps getting more and more intriguing. :D

Trust me when I say that I know how you feel about “googlers”. I have read how you have chewed them up like tobaccee and spat them out. I am careful about that, and that assumption on your part was incorrect.

Jerry
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

I wasn't worried about you Jerry! :lol:

It's just that sometimes the mere mention of Google Earth, is enough to start the the "Google Earther's) flooding in. There are no landmarks on the back of the Latin Heart. Nothing I can relate to landmarks anyway. Just a bunch of Ancient Roman Numerals that I can't relate to anything.

Jim
javaone

Post by javaone »

There are no landmarks on the back of the Latin Heart. Nothing I can relate to landmarks anyway. Just a bunch of Ancient Roman Numerals that I can't relate to anything.

Jim
Right... ;)
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

It can get kinda interesting when you start matching the words on the face of the L-Heart with the steps described in the "patio process" of gold and silver refining.
The words may have been chosen carefully,a little ambiguous of neccessity,but a German Jesuit would have understood to what they were referring.
A sluice,where water does "fall over gold" and "tabula" flat areas where concentrates are spread seem to offer non incriminatory clues,for example. ;)

Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

SH,

There are also quite a few "consistencies" between the "lay" of the landmarks on the Latin Heart, and the Horse Map, if you get right down to the details of both. They "Validate" each other, as being part of the same "Master Plan".
;)

Jim
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Hi Jim:
In some ways,the "master plan" could be like a Jesuit game of chess.Played strategically,with little regard for politics.Chess apparently,is a pastime that has always been of great importance to the order,perhaps as a training exercise for strategic thinking.I have been looking into the possibility of a connection.