THE LATIN HEART

Moderator: Jim_b

action14
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: THE LATIN HEART

Post by action14 »

thanks for the reply Jim

I have a friend who has studied ancient Latin for many years and agrees with you.

As far as the ancient roman numerals on the back that co-inside with the Latin, they don"t seem to work with any elevation or distance pattern. In my opinion I think the numbers are an inventory of Jesuit items. Why would anyone need so many landmarks to let one know they where in the right area. If they buried items in those area's then they didn't put all their eggs in one basket for some lucky guy to stumble upon.

regards Jon
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Jon,

I keep hoping that someday... Someone will be reading this topic and have one of those "AH-HA" moments. For anyone that does not already have them. I will include graphics of the both sides of the Latin Heart, and what I have in the way of Ancient Latin and Roman Numeral translations & conversations.

Front of Latin Heart

"Ancient" Latin Translations

Back of Latin Heart

"Ancient" Roman Numeral conversion table

Feel free to print these out for your own use but please remember...

Copyright:
All photographs, text, illustrations, maps, video, audio and other content in DesertUSA are for personal use only. Do not upload any DesertUSA.com content to any online service or FTP site. All content on the DesertUSA Web site is Copyright 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 by Digital West Media, Inc and/or DesertUSA contributors.

Information About DesertUSA.com
http://www.desertusa.com/who/du_who.html
rr-electricangel

Post by rr-electricangel »

Thanks Jim!! I was just about to ask you for some better resolution drawings of the Latin Heart. I'm starting to apply the distance and direction idea to the Ancient Latin and Roman Numeral translations. In the next few days I'll let everyone know what I come up with, but only if it really says something interesting.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

rr-electricangel,

Do not feel bad if you come up blank.

I have been working with those Numbers since 1994 and I still come up blank. Charlie Miller (The original finder of the Latin Heart) took them to the math Professors at ASU and UofA, and they all came up blank too.

Everyone's first thought is to convert the Roman Numerals to Numbers, and then put the numbers on the front of the heart with the corresponding words. But that is about as far as anybody gets.

It is fun for a while, then it turns into pure frustration. Once you get to that point, it isn't fun any more! :lol:

I wish you Luck, but don't let it drive you crazy. :shock:

Jim

This is not finished, (there may even be errors in it) but here is a graphic or where I was when I gave up. I started getting dyslexic going back and forth, from one side of the heart to the other. From what I had completed, I could see that it did not appear to have any rhyme or reason to it at all and gave up on that idea. :x

Here is a conversion one of our other members (Exploration Fawcett) came up with (on the Roman Numeral side of the stone) and emailed to me. Some of his number conversions are a different than mine are. (I don't think he will mind me sharing this)

As you can see below... Bob Ward was thinking along the same lines. Here is what he put in his book RIPPLES OF LOST ECHOES (Pg 121) published in 1990.

I can't help believing that this is a very simple puzzle, and we are all working way to hard in our attempts to solve it. :?

Does anyone happen to have a 6 yr old in the house, that they could put to work on it? :lol:
rr-electricangel

Jim, I'm beginning to read about those "hard or deep parenthesis" Roman numerals you deciphered. Very interesting...http://www.brighthub.com/education/k-12 ... 47342.aspx

"The most interesting of the Roman numerals comes in the form of larger numbers. There is only speculation to tell us why they are represented as they are. The Roman numeral for 1000 is the letter "M", but is used to be written in what is known as hard or deep parenthesis. It was written as a "C", then and "I" and finally a back wards "C". This cannot be expressed using computer symbols, but it would have looked something like this ( I ). Looking at this one can see how it could be changed to an "M" when written very quickly. Likewise, the "D" that represents 500 was written using the "I" and a back wards "C", so that it would look something like this I ). Again, one can see how that could be turned into a D. The Romans had no concept or symbol for the number zero".
rr-electricangel

I know the Latin Heart refers to important topographical features but it doesn't measure the distance between those features. My guess is that you are supposed to confirm these features exist rather than try to scale them out with any measuring device. That still gives the observer plenty of room for error.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

rr-electricangel,

What is your opinion of what Roman Numerals on the back of the Latin Heart are for?

Best,

Jim
rr-electricangel

I see only one purpose for the Roman numerals and that is to construct a topographic map based around their various locations. I believe you are supposed to "draw" the invisible contour lines yourself in order to "see" the various slope/elevations. Here is what I mean. http://www.canmaps.com/topo/help/04-how ... ic-map.htm Does that help any? ~David

Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Definitely "Food for thought" there rr!

Best,

Jim
Goldfinder2015

Post by Goldfinder2015 »

Jim Hatt wrote:
RockyFrisco wrote:
It would sure be nice if some of us could post Lat & Long figures for some of the locations, like where the trees were cut and where Jacob's cabin was.
-Rock
Go to Superstition Mt. Museum in Apache Junction and look at Robert L. Kessellring's book vol. 1 and 2 "Reading the Peralta Maps" also on Amazon. Somebody has posted what you have requested. Nobody is listening. I attribute it to, too many non-believeing experts.

Rocky,

I have spent more than 20 years learning where many of the things talked about in the books are actually located. There were plenty of people around during that time who could have just told me, and saved me a lot of time searching. But... they wouldn't! The pleasure is in the search they say... :lol:

When someone invests the time necessary to locate these things, they are usually not willing to just tell someone else where they found them. It's not that they want money. It's more along the lines of... they don't want anyone else to know.

That's Treasure & Lost Mine Hunting! ;)

Jim