THE LATIN HEART

Moderator: Jim_b

Jim Hatt

Re: THE LATIN HEART

Post by Jim Hatt »

RockyFrisco wrote:I understand. I guess I'm just a different kind of old coot. :)

I'm in a number of Music Halls of Fame, but I do my best to show all of the secrets to the youngsters who are struggling to figure it all out. I can show them in 45 minutes pretty well everything I learned in months of Music Theory in College. I don't bother with musical history or the big words used to describe things; I just show them the Nashville Numbers and how to construct major and minor scales and let them run with it. Then, about the only thing you need to show them is the diminished and augmented chords, since they aren't that easy to figure out.

No doubt lost treasure is a horse of a different breed. :)

Rocky,

I tell all the upstarts in the LDM legends everything I know about the recorded history of it.
RockyFrisco wrote:RockyFrisco wrote:

It would sure be nice if some of us could post Lat & Long figures for some of the locations, like where the trees were cut and where Jacob's cabin was.
-Rock
But when it comes to information like this. There is an old saying....
"The pleasure is in the search". ;)
RockyFrisco
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by RockyFrisco »

You are one nice person, Jim. Thanks for being so patient with me.

-Rock
rr-electricangel

Post by rr-electricangel »

Great thread! I was able to finally read through the Latin Heart thread completely and do have an inquiry about how both hearts sit on top of one another. This might simply be a case of thinking too hard but here it goes...

If you sit both stones on top of one another and were able to visualize where the words of the Latin Heart occur and compare it to the Peralta Heart it would look something like this. (My question is, "Is this how we are to use both hearts?" If so then "Roto" points to "a place of importance". Are the 2 words "Meus" (mine) less important because they are not located where Peralta heart points? Hmmmmmmmmm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

rr-electricangel,

Very nice piece of graphic work making that overlay! I really like it.

Now let me see if I can answer your questions.

First... Yes, both stone hearts are exactly the same size, and the heart cavity in the upper trail map, was cut deep enough to hold both hearts at the same time.

My "theory" about how to use them, is that you follow the trail which concludes on the first heart until you reach the end. At that point you are finished with that heart, and you remove it from the heart cavity and insert the Latin Heart into it.

You are correct... The word "NOTO" (you had Roto) is then positioned in the exact same spot as the end of the trail on the first heart, (Where the double circle is) and is telling you to look around you for something (In the way of a major landmark) that appears on the stone maps.

That gives you a "vague" reference point (in the field) of where the other Latin Heart landmarks are located around you in the field.

Now you will need to determine the scale you are working with, (The scale on the Latin Heart is NOT the same as the scale was on the original heart) so you will have to accurately translate all of the Latin words on the front of the Latin Heart, and figure out the astrological significance of them. Then you will have to figure out how to use the Ancient Roman Numerals on the back side of the Latin Heart to start pinpointing the other landmarks in the field.
rr-electricangel wrote:Are the 2 words "Meus" (mine) less important because they are not located where Peralta heart points? Hmmmmmmmmm
It took me a while to understand this question, but I think I finally figured out what you are asking.

NO... The Meus' ARE NOT less important. The whole "objective" of the stone maps is to locate the "3" locations (you only mentioned "2") identified as "MEUS" on the front side of the Latin Heart.

The "Peralta heart" (First heart with the end of the trail on it) only identifies the end of the trail, where you begin to start working with the Latin Heart. It is absolutely necessary to place the Latin Heart into the Heart Cavity at this time, in order to properly orientate the landmarks on it with the terrain.

I believe this to be the whole point of cutting out the heart cavity in the first place. You have to be able to insert the Latin Heart into the cavity to use it as it was designed.

Conclusion: (If you accept my theory) Any theory that claims to solve the stone maps without using the Latin Heart can be dismissed.

Without the Latin Heart. The stone maps are useless.
Without the stone maps. The Latin Heart is useless!

"Busca El Coazon"
"Busca El Mapa"

;)

Related information that you my find interesting can be found at;
http://www.desertusa.com/ldm-1/peralta.html

Best,

Jim
rr-electricangel

Post by rr-electricangel »

Jim Hatt wrote:The word "NOTO" (you had Roto)
Yeah, I cringed after I posted my message. I am not "allowed" to correct my typos yet in my posts. I wasn't even aloud to view my attachment. I suppose it comes with being a "greenhorn" by forum standards. You're right Jim, there are 3 mines identified on the Latin Heart. I totally missed the third one. I have absolutely no idea what the symbols on the flip side of the Latin Heart represent. Very interesting indeed... :?:
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

Jim - I wasn't able to see the attachment photo/overlay either
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

rr-electricangel,

Ahhhhhh, the "Roto" was just a typo. I probably wouldn't have pointed it out, were it not for the importance of what it translates to, and the way it is so important to understanding how to use the maps.

There are a few sections of these forums which are "Limited Access" sections. In these sections members are not allowed to edit or delete their posts. If you ever find yourself in need of having a post edited or deleted.

You can just make a post ie: Jim please delete the post above or change Roto to Noto in it, and I will correct it for you, and delete the post with the request in it.

If you are not able to see your own attachments. It is due to your browser configuration settings. A lot of people have that problem viewing attachments. For that reason it is best to upload your photos to a website like photobucket.com and drop a link to them right in your posts. See instructions for doing this at:

http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1758
rr-electricangel wrote:I have absolutely no idea what the symbols on the flip side of the Latin Heart represent.
All the more reason for you to read the article I recommended at:
http://www.desertusa.com/ldm-1/peralta.html ;)

Best,

Jim
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

cubfan64 wrote:Jim - I wasn't able to see the attachment photo/overlay either
Paul,

The problem is in your browser configuration somewhere. (Security settings I think) I used to have that problem too, and I just kept playing with the settings until I found the one that was blocking the attachment. It's been so long now, that I can't remember which one was causing it.

If you are at work, you may be able to see the attachment when you get home and logon from you own computer.

Best,

Jim
action14

Post by action14 »

Jim Hatt wrote:rr-electricangel,

Very nice piece of graphic work making that overlay! I really like it.

Now let me see if I can answer your questions.

First... Yes, both stone hearts are exactly the same size, and the heart cavity in the upper trail map, was cut deep enough to hold both hearts at the same time.

My "theory" about how to use them, is that you follow the trail which concludes on the first heart until you reach the end. At that point you are finished with that heart, and you remove it from the heart cavity and insert the Latin Heart into it.

You are correct... The word "NOTO" (you had Roto) is then positioned in the exact same spot as the end of the trail on the first heart, (Where the double circle is) and is telling you to look around you for something (In the way of a major landmark) that appears on the stone maps.

That gives you a "vague" reference point (in the field) of where the other Latin Heart landmarks are located around you in the field.

Now you will need to determine the scale you are working with, (The scale on the Latin Heart is NOT the same as the scale was on the original heart) so you will have to accurately translate all of the Latin words on the front of the Latin Heart, and figure out the astrological significance of them. Then you will have to figure out how to use the Ancient Roman Numerals on the back side of the Latin Heart to start pinpointing the other landmarks in the field.
rr-electricangel wrote:Are the 2 words "Meus" (mine) less important because they are not located where Peralta heart points? Hmmmmmmmmm
It took me a while to understand this question, but I think I finally figured out what you are asking.

NO... The Meus' ARE NOT less important. The whole "objective" of the stone maps is to locate the "3" locations (you only mentioned "2") identified as "MEUS" on the front side of the Latin Heart.

The "Peralta heart" (First heart with the end of the trail on it) only identifies the end of the trail, where you begin to start working with the Latin Heart. It is absolutely necessary to place the Latin Heart into the Heart Cavity at this time, in order to properly orientate the landmarks on it with the terrain.

I believe this to be the whole point of cutting out the heart cavity in the first place. You have to be able to insert the Latin Heart into the cavity to use it as it was designed.

Conclusion: (If you accept my theory) Any theory that claims to solve the stone maps without using the Latin Heart can be dismissed.

Without the Latin Heart. The stone maps are useless.
Without the stone maps. The Latin Heart is useless!

"Busca El Coazon"
"Busca El Mapa"

;)

Related information that you my find interesting can be found at;
http://www.desertusa.com/ldm-1/peralta.html

Best,

Jim
Great topic

"noto" Means to mark or "I mark"

"noto triangulun" Means "I mark triangle"

If you have found both of these pieces of physical
evidence you then know the direction and the scale of the Latin heart.

Jon
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Hi Jon,

Translations from one language to another must always be done in consideration of a lot of variables. With respect to the Latin words on the Latin Heart, some of the words do not even exist in a modern Latin dictionary, and you have to go to an "Ancient" Latin dictionary to find them.

Back in 2005 when I published my article I referred to at: http://www.desertusa.com/ldm-1/peralta.html I researched all possible translations for all the words on the Latin Heart. Below are all the possibilities I came up with back them for the word NOTO.

NOTO (Observe) to look for, write down or record, brand, indicate, denote, or to mark (a place of importance)
action14 wrote: If you have found both of these pieces of physical
evidence you then know the direction and the scale of the Latin heart.
No matter which translation you use for the word "NOTO" your statement above remains absolutely correct.
However... Finding the direction and scale of the Latin Heart only wins you half of the battle.

Things like CRATER, SPECUS, CACUMEN, and FORNIX etc. are easy to recognize when you come upon them in the field.

A MEUS is a little more difficult to identify. Most people I have consulted with who understand Latin agree that it it does translate to "MINE", but not Mine as in an excavation, rather to a possession as in a specific area or piece of personal property.

If the word MEUS on the Latin Heart did actually refer to a Mine, as in an excavation, I can assure you it has been covered and concealed, for I have covered every square foot of the areas where the word MEUS is shown on the Latin Heart, and there are no visible mines to be found in those areas.

If it refers to an area, without the intent of specifying any specific spot on the ground, you are still lost as far as knowing where to put the pick into the ground is concerned, because the orientation of the words on the front side of the Latin Heart are not placed there with enough exactness to pinpoint any location.

After over 15 years of chasing after the Meus' on the Latin Heart (in the field) without success, I have become convinced that they will only be found, by someone that has solved the puzzle of the Roman Numerals on the back of the heart. These numerals (in my opinion) give specific details about distance and direction from one location to another.

If you (or anyone else) can figure out how those numerals work, I will take you to the area where I believe we can apply that knowledge, and we will see how well it works.

Best,

Jim