Re: MONUMENTS & MARKERS

Moderator: Jim_b

somehiker
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by somehiker »

javaone wrote:If its the same place - its a hell of a place to get to... have made a couple of attemps myself.

Look familiar?

Was planning to try again next week.
Hi Java:
If that was meant for me,I can't really tell from your picture.If you are referring to what I am calling the "Heart",I don't think so.
Wayne
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Kurt P.
LDMGOLD

Post by LDMGOLD »

Hi Jim:

I didn't know where to exactly post this photo of Skull Rock. Once discovered from the air, I returned an photographed it. In my fifty years of wandering around in the area I have never found this rock. Old Bill Cage, a friend of Rhinehart, told my dad and I several times. He claimed there was a rich vein of gold or silver ore near it. He told me he use to ride by it. I always thought he was pulling my leg until just a few weeks ago. I think it certainly looks like a skull. Enjoy it.....it is another mystery of these mountains. I hope I sized this one correctly. The photo looks small enough on my monitor.

Take care,

Tom K.

Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

You couldn't have picked a better discussion for this photo Tom. I sometimes have trouble seeing the things that other people see in their photos, but I have no problem seeing the skull in this one.

I'll bet it looks even better from a little farther away!

Now if we only knew the distance and direction from the skull rock, to where we are supposed to dig! :o :lol: :?

Thanks for sharing the photo and story.

Jim
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

I have to agree with Jim on this one - I sometimes keep quiet when folks post photos or (God forbid) Google images of things they see in rock formations etc... - I always used to think I was part of a tiny minority of people who just didn't have enough experience "seeing things" like that. I now think I'm just part of a mostly silent minority :)

That said, when a photo is posted of something that definitely appears unique, I take notice! That's one of the better/best examples of a "skull" stone that I've seen yet.

In fact, one might even look at that formation and believe it looks like a man's face - now where have we heard that clue before?? ;)
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Nice skull!!! I bet it is easy to see from the sky. I just cant get any clues as to the area from your photo. Got a beter one???? LOL
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Haven't you heard Kurt?
"The pleasure is in the search"!

You know how that works... :lol:
LDMGOLD

Post by LDMGOLD »

GENTLEMEN, when I finally spotted this skull rock I was absolutely amazed. We made three passes around it to verify its shape and appearance. Like I said old Bill Cage said he rode by it often on a nearby trail. This is the reason I doubted his story. I agree with all you. I have never quite seen anything like this before. It is probably at least thirty feet high and quite massive. You would think there would be some kind of historical record on such a remarkable rock formation. I am convinced others have witness this formation before. I want to take a look at the area around the rock formation and after that I will give you all the GPS coordinates for it if your interested.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Take care,

Tom K.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

LDMGOLD wrote:I want to take a look at the area around the rock formation and after that I will give you all the GPS coordinates for it if your interested.
Count me in as interested Tom.

Jim
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

Definitely interested as well and thanks