Doodles made by Jacob Waltz

Moderator: Jim_b

Choto
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Doodles made by Jacob Waltz

Post by Choto »

Matthew Roberts wrote:choto,

The man in the photo with Ed Piper is Pinal County Sheriff Laurence White.

Matthew Roberts
Matthew Roberts,
You continue to impress me.

Best,
Choto
jhowlett

Post by jhowlett »

Choto Great posts, boy for someone who came on the forum late you sure are an information sleuth, and a lot of it is new stuff, at least to me. I know their are a group of guys out their that really know their history about the Supers, Kollenbourne, Wayne, Sargent Frank, Big Mike and many others and now Choto with new research "well done. I have a question Who said Weavers needle is Sombrero Peak? I think that has been assumed for a long time because Sombrero Peak was mentioned by the Peralta's, but tell me where they said it was Weavers Needle. I think Sombrero Peak is a different structure? I think it has been a long held misnomer. Jeff.
Choto

Post by Choto »

jhowlett wrote:Choto Great posts, boy for someone who came on the forum late you sure are an information sleuth, and a lot of it is new stuff, at least to me. I know their are a group of guys out their that really know their history about the Supers, Kollenbourne, Wayne, Sargent Frank, Big Mike and many others and now Choto with new research "well done. I have a question Who said Weavers needle is Sombrero Peak? I think that has been assumed for a long time because Sombrero Peak was mentioned by the Peralta's, but tell me where they said it was Weavers Needle. I think Sombrero Peak is a different structure? I think it has been a long held misnomer. Jeff.
Thank you jhowlett.

Understanding it has become something of an obsession but, its all new to me.

Your list of names is a good one and could be longer. Honestly, there are some incredible experiences being shared here, on social media. The chance to interact with those who were there and those with something to say is a tremendous opportunity.

Weaver's Needle: The El Sombrero name might originate with the Peralta-Fish or another early map. I don't know it as Sombrero Peak.
Rough Draft

Post by Rough Draft »

Thanks very much to Choto and Matthew for the Sheriff ID.
jhowlett

Post by jhowlett »

Hey Rough draft Yes El Sombrero also sometimes shortened to Sombrero Peak, many in fact believe that the structure on the fish map is not Weavers Needle. And many have assumed Weavers Needle is El Sombrero. I am sure that the structure on the Fish map is most likely El Sombrero but not Weavers needle but another structure in another area. Wayne ( Somehiker), I believe posted a couple of weeks ago, that is was likely the structure on the Fish map was somewhere else in the Supers, so not to be Weavers. Wayne I hope I did not miss-quote. I hope in December we will be able to Verify it is a structure we have at our location. Also on one of the Peralta maps it has El Sombrero at 2500ft. That fits what we have. Jeff.
nobody

Post by nobody »

Jhowlett,
I agree that it is not Weavers needle.
Last edited by nobody on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Choto

Post by Choto »

nobody wrote:Jhowlett,
I agree that it is not Weaver's needle.
Weavers.
Marius

Post by Marius »

IMHO , The " El Sombrero " is Weavers Needle .
jhowlett

Post by jhowlett »

Marius I mean this with all respect because I ask this earlier, when or whom historically referred to El Sombrero as Weavers Needle it appears the Mexican miners referred to El Sombrero, but I cannot find where it was described by them in anyway that it was the same as Weavers Needle. Also the stones that many myself included feel are a key to the location has nothing on them about WN. The Witches hat is not Weavers Needle I am sure and in December we will share this info. With all respect I want to know does anyone know who prier to the 20th century referred To ES as WN, this a serious question if anyone knows please post.

With all respect Jeff Howlett
jhowlett

Post by jhowlett »

p368071473-3.jpg
El Sombrero on Peralta map 2500 ft Weavers Needle 4555 ft. Wayne do you know the story or source of the Peralta map copy that has 2500 ft. Thanks Jeff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.