8th. ANNUAL DUTCH HUNTER'S RENDEZVOUS

Moderator: Jim_b

cubfan64
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: 8th. ANNUAL DUTCH HUNTER'S RENDEZVOUS

Post by cubfan64 »

I had a good time at the Rendezvous again this year despite the fact that my short trip was disrupted seriously by hurricane Sandy. I ended up rescheduling my flights 2 times (and re-renting my rental car to boot), but was fortunate enough to have a place to stay while I was delayed and saw and did a few things I wouldn't normally do like get a tour of Phoenix specifically related to the LDM history and a hike to a place I'll post about later.

For those "regulars" of you who made the Rendezvous, it was good to see you again. For those of you who were newcomers (Somero and Ashton), it was a pleasure to meet you. For those of you who weren't able to make it, hopefully you can attend another time. There seemed to be more "new blood" out there this year which was very nice, and hopefully Dr. Glover's research which will be available in his book(s) this coming year will reinvigorate some discussion.

Paul
roc2rol

Post by roc2rol »

Ah darn Paul
I missed ya!
but glad you had friendly resources
next time
and I'm really intersted about hearing of your Phoenix LDM tour

Ed
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

I thought about you Ed, but it was too late to contact you by that time. My plan is to come back out there this spring if I can at all swing it - if I do, I guarantee I'll look you up!

I'll have some photos later this week when I have time to organize them. I got to see Darrell Duppa's adobe homestead which is still standing, the site of Julia's home, her shoppe downtown, where Dick Holmes moved to after Waltz died and a number of gravestones (Bark, Criswell, Holmes, and other pioneer families).

I picked up a book on hunting for gemstones in AZ at the end of my visit which is when I thought of you. It has lots of public sites listed and I hope to hit some of them one of these days as well.

I apologize for not getting in touch with you, but we'll get together on my next visit!

Paul
roc2rol

Post by roc2rol »

Well you had a fabulous guide!!
I thought I knew all the places
Those are sites I never seen !
I'm just a newbie Ha ha

Especially Julia homestead
You need tell me where that is
O I've seen the address published
but never as it occurred to me to go look for it
And Julia shop? That row of building still stands?
On the south side of Washington. East of Central ?
Hhhmmm... well I don't want to get into too much confusion

Gem trails in Az.
Look up Chimney Rock/Fouth of July Buttes
I've hounded there. Its really good
Burro Creek is great and well picked over
Next time you visit
you need to put Vulture Mine on your list
Not to be missed!

rock hounding with ya, Paul
would be a real treat!

Glad you had good time
Ed
babymick1

Post by babymick1 »

Hi Joe: Cubfan' Somehiker
I beleive you all poked my name on another treasure site, I don,t know about Silent Hunter, but what makes you believe I wasn't there. Course, I never got to poke around Silent Hunters butte. But I did pass within a few feet of you all, But I know what you all look like and you don't know what I look like. I was there with my wife, (By the way she says your all nuts.) like her husban. Who new!

(Don't be eye balling my women.)

And Joe: for me to call you on the bet at your own show would not be cool, a dasterly deed indeed. There is know winning by default, So some winters day I'll get a hold of ya and you can pay up then. Oh by the way, the heart is the start not the end, Joe: Follow the heart, follow the map.

So live from the Dutchman's Turf

Babymick1
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Baby Mic you should have told me you where coming....Badger and I would have taken you to are claim we are working....Are you going to be in the area anytime soon?

Double-Jack Inc.
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

babymick1 wrote:Hi Joe: Cubfan' Somehiker
I beleive you all poked my name on another treasure site, I don,t know about Silent Hunter, but what makes you believe I wasn't there. Course, I never got to poke around Silent Hunters butte. But I did pass within a few feet of you all, But I know what you all look like and you don't know what I look like. I was there with my wife, (By the way she says your all nuts.) like her husban. Who new!

(Don't be eye balling my women.)

And Joe: for me to call you on the bet at your own show would not be cool, a dasterly deed indeed. There is know winning by default, So some winters day I'll get a hold of ya and you can pay up then. Oh by the way, the heart is the start not the end, Joe: Follow the heart, follow the map.

So live from the Dutchman's Turf

Babymick1
Hope you and the wife had a good time. Not sure why you didn't introduce yourself, but everybody's got their own reasons for doing their own thing.

Paul
GeorgeW

Post by GeorgeW »

Hello Silent Hunter. I posted my email address on the other thread awhile back but haven't heard from you. I hope you're well and having fun. I got to visit a medicine wheel the week after the rendezvous. It was a good hike near the Salt River.
Take care,
George
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

George hey all is good.. Just been very busy lately...I was wanting to contact you about the spot you told me and Jim about when we where looking for the three missing utah men....I will look for your e-mail address...

Double-Jack
AshtonPage

Post by AshtonPage »

Guys,

I made it to the rendezvous but somehow I managed to miss a couple of you. Sorry about that. I thought I would be obvious to spot – at 6’3” and wearing a pith helmet (ala Gassler, as someone wittingly remarked). I guess that’s what I get for spending most of my time in the upper camp…… hoping Clay might say something.

All in all it was an amazing experience and I look forward to next year’s event. It was announced that the 2013 rendezvous will be four days long.

Best,
Ashton