The lost dutchman mine

Moderator: Jim_b

393stroker
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

The lost dutchman mine

Post by 393stroker »

I just stumbled upon this subject. I think I found the area that is on the stone maps. If I found it so quick I`m wondering if it is just a hoax. But some day I would like to go and do some recon in that area.Is there a list of places that people think it`s at or have been to and found nothing?
cubfan64

Re: The lost dutchman mine

Post by cubfan64 »

There are no "lists" I've ever seen of where people have thought the Stone Maps pointed to although you could probably throw a dart at a map and assume someone somewhere thought it was close to where your dart hit.

I almost hate the ask this question, but considering you made this statement...
I think I found the area that is on the stone maps...some day I would like to go and do some recon in that area
can I assume that you were able to find the area shown on the stone maps without ever setting foot in the area to check it over in person?? Does Google Earth factor into how you found it?
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Welcome 393:

Not sure why you see the Lost Dutchman Mine as being associated with the Stone Maps,but if you were to stumble upon this link,you'll find yourself with a lifetime's worth of possible locations to recon.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/lost-dutchmans-mine/

If,as cubfan has asked,you have found the area by use of G/E , DUSA has a thread dedicated to the topic...........http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=476

A good example of searching by G/E vs searching on foot can be found in this thread...
http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2780
It's all about a hill down by the Gila River,near a place called Twin Buttes,which featured what seemed to be a horse and a heart and other markings similar to what is on the stones. Some think it was a fraud as well.
Compare the older B&W photos with the newer colour photos and also see if you can locate the hill on G/E. Once you do,see if you can spot the cave/mine shown in two of the photos. You should then understand why we can be so skeptical of G/E solutions.

Regards:SH.
393stroker

Post by 393stroker »

I thought the Peralta stones was the map to the lost dutchmans mine, now I have to start over. Anyway I posted my find in the Peralta Stones section. Thanks, Chuck
393stroker

Post by 393stroker »

Wow, going on two years since I started trying to find out about the LDM. I`ve made a few trips out to the Superstition Mountains, made it to the Pit Mine a couple of times, and made some new friends along the way. Two years ago I never thought I would have so much fun and meet so many challenges. I`m a better man now, and just want to say THANK YOU to all those that helped me along the way. Aint life grand?
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Glad to have you aboard Chuck.
Look forward to seeing you again at this year's Rendezvous.
Save some gold to show us..... ;)

Wayne
AshtonPage

Post by AshtonPage »

Hi Lads,

Just a thought – are any of the markers or symbols on the PSM that are also on the Peralta Master Map?

I’ve stated before that I thought the Peralta Master Map was a work detail assignment showing the trail markers to the Peralta mines. But that’s my own surmising and nothing else. At any rate, I find it interesting that IMHO the PSM and the PMM have nothing in common.

While I’m not sure if the PSM’s are forgeries, I don’t see why (even if genuine) they would be a map to the LDM.

Best,
Ashton
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Hi Ashton:
The only symbol similar to what is on the Stone Maps, so far as I can see and based on pre-grafitti alterations to the petroglyphs, seems to be the circle-dot symbols. Personally, I suspect the panel to be a shamanic representation of what might be the Garden Valley, probably Hohokam in origin, showing dwellings, storage pit houses, and possibly the surrounding areas inhabited by game....mountain sheep. Circles, circle dots, and circles within circles, sometimes connected by lines, are common throughout the southwest, as are spiral glyphs and these depictions of sheep etc.

Regards:SH.
alfonzo

Post by alfonzo »

Anyone see this one on way to Second Water from First? Any ideas what the artist had in mind? Doesn't look very old or maybe recent chalking? alan S

somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Maybe had something like this in mind ??