The Killer Mountains

Moderator: Jim_b

Mrs.Oroblanco
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: The Killer Mountains

Post by Mrs.Oroblanco »

eunderhill wrote:Based on what I have read in Helen Corbin's book 'The Dutchman's Curse', I think the mine was indeed found by two men while in the 1880's or 90's. I don't remember what their names were. They were out looking for the LDM mine when they find a lode of gold high up in a ledge of Fish Creek Canyon near where it empties into the Salt River. From the description of their mines location in the account, it sounded awfully treacherous and difficult to get to. One of these two men eventually gives up on the mine they were working and goes back to looking for the LDM. The accounts of the LDM I have read do suggest that the LDM was up in a high place in some type of a north south canyon and Fish Creek does come close to the north south alignment but not exactly and this mine was high up on a ledge in this canyon.

The Peralta family from what I understand had more than one mine in the Suerstitions area. Don Miguel Peralta had only given Waltz access to one of these mines. So there are probably other mines yet to be found.
Was just wondering if you are talking about the Ludi brothers?

Mrs.O
eunderhill

Post by eunderhill »

Mrs.Oroblanco wrote:
eunderhill wrote:Based on what I have read in Helen Corbin's book 'The Dutchman's Curse', I think the mine was indeed found by two men while in the 1880's or 90's. I don't remember what their names were. They were out looking for the LDM mine when they find a lode of gold high up in a ledge of Fish Creek Canyon near where it empties into the Salt River. From the description of their mines location in the account, it sounded awfully treacherous and difficult to get to. One of these two men eventually gives up on the mine they were working and goes back to looking for the LDM. The accounts of the LDM I have read do suggest that the LDM was up in a high place in some type of a north south canyon and Fish Creek does come close to the north south alignment but not exactly and this mine was high up on a ledge in this canyon.

The Peralta family from what I understand had more than one mine in the Suerstitions area. Don Miguel Peralta had only given Waltz access to one of these mines. So there are probably other mines yet to be found.
Was just wondering if you are talking about the Ludi brothers?

Mrs.O
First of all let me apologize for the late reply. I keep a casual eye on this forum. It might have been the Ludi brothers. I really don't remember as it was back in the early 90's when I read Helen Corbin's book. I got it from an employer that had these books for some job they received. I wasn't on that job and have no idea who the customer they were doing this for. Apparently there were some extra books left over and they got passed out to who ever would take one at the end of the day. I was like what's this when I was given one. Upon seeing the title, I was thinking that it sure would be an interesting read. I need to figure out were I have put that book. Since it is a paper back it has fallen apart and I need to get a page back with the rest of what is left of the book.
Bambi

Post by Bambi »

I think Nanga Perbat is one of them.