Peralta Stones connection with the LDM?

Moderator: Jim_b

Not Peralta
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Peralta Stones connection with the LDM?

Post by Not Peralta »

Just because the stone tablets were found where they were - doesn't necessarily mean that they lead to anything in that area or that they have anything to do with LDM. After years of looking, I have never found or seen anything that represents the symbols on the stone tablets in the Superstition Mtns. I have, however, found many signs and symbols at a different location that coinsides with the stone tablets. Too many for it to be a co-incidence. After all the people who have gotten lost or died in the Superstition Mtns, isn't it time we started looking somewhere else? As of today, no one has ever shown proof of anything connected to the stone tablets in the Superstition Mtns. You can view a few photos on facebook Stone Tablets Peralta. Please share your comments with me either there or here. I look forward to hearing what other people think about these pictures. Thank-you.
PBFred

Post by PBFred »

Not Peralta,

While I agree that the Stone Maps most likely have nothing to do with the LDM. IMO though, I have to disagree about the Stone Maps not being related to the Superstitious Mountains.

As I stated in my post I started, http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2894, I find it rather hard to believe that the Stone Maps, having a huge Heart aspect to them, aren't related to Weaver's Needle. The Needle, when viewed from the east, has to be the biggest monolithic heart shaped landmark on the planet... maybe not... but combined with where the Stone Maps were found, I really find it hard to believe that the two aren't connected.

Granted, I easily believe that the Stone Maps aren't a straight forward map and that they are encrypted in some fashion. So while I believe the Needle is definitely a marker of some kind on the map, it may play any type of role... the end point, the starting point, or anything in-between.

And who know's... maybe this map was "solved" years ago without anyone taking credit for it... or even knowing the Stone Map's existed. But I do believe that it is connected to the Superstitious Mountains, especially the Needle itself.

But, I really can't deny any theory until one is proven beyond a reasonable doubt. :)

PBFred
Not Peralta

Post by Not Peralta »

I just tried to upload two photos. I'm not sure I dd it right. I'll check this post when I'm finished. If they aren't here, I will try loading them to the DesertUSA facebook page or you can go to my facebook page at Stone Tablets Peralta to see them. "Search the Heart, Search the Map". There is also a map located beneath the heart. Have you ever seen anything like this in the Superstition Mtns?! I haven't and I spent years in there with some of the best old timers that hunted there. Let me know once you've seen the pictures.
Not Peralta

Post by Not Peralta »

I was able to upload thw two photos on DesertUSA's facebook page, so you can see them there. I've already identified most of the markings from the Stone Tablets in this area and have more pictures.
PBFred

Post by PBFred »

Not Peralta,

I wasn't able to see your pics via this site or on its FB page. But I was able to view them on your FB page. BTW, you should set that up as Group instead of a normal person's FB profile. It would change the whole having to add people as Friends in order to post and such. Also, when it comes to posting pics on here, I had trouble too, and ended up creating a free Photobucket.com account so I could.

Anyways, in your Search the Heart pic, I'm assuming that you see a heart there, I don't. I do see several formations, that with some imagination, could be heart shaped, but nothing distinct.

In the other pic, in the upper right hand corner, that appears to be a rather good, partial, resemblance to the Priest on the Priest Stone. Do you have a close up picture of that?

PBFred
Not Peralta

Post by Not Peralta »

PBFred, Did you look in the center of the picture with the blue sky? The heart is in white on the left-hand side. There is a map below it on the mountain.
Thanks for your advise about changing my FB settings. I'm not sure how to do it. My wife will try to figure it out. Any tips on how to change it? :?
OK, I looked, it isn't in color. Look at the white rock at the top of the ridge, not in the body of the mountain.
PBFred

Post by PBFred »

Not Peralta,

I re-viewed that pic in fullscreen mode, and yes, I do see the heart now. That's a pretty cool find. I don't see a map in the mountainside, but the resolution of the pic really isn't that great. Where about's is that located? You don't need to give GPS coords, unless you want, but I am curious as to the general area.

BTW, in FB, on the left of your screen, mouse-over the word Groups and it will give you a more Options button to click. That will bring you to your Groups list (if you belong to any). At the top of that screen it has a Create New Group button. It's pretty simple.

PBFred
Not Peralta

Post by Not Peralta »

PBFred,
Thanks for the help on FB.
You can't see the map in the picture, it's in the valley below the heart.
No comment as to the general area, yet. But it's no where near the Superstitions.
I will add more pictures soon. Thank-you for looking again.
PBFred

Post by PBFred »

Not Peralta,
No, I don't see the map in your Heart pic. But, like I said, the resolution isn't that great. I couldn't even see the heart until I viewed it in fullscreen mode. From the looks of it, it appears to be an actual picture, not a digital pic. If so, maybe you can scan it in a higher resolution and post it to your FB Group once you get that up and running. Also, maybe you can mark up the pic to make it easier to see what you are talking about. As it is right now, I can see what appear to trails and such... and if I use my imagination, I can see a map of just about anything in it.

BTW, I understand you wanting to keep the location secret, but I was just wondering if you could narrow it down a little... like is this still in Arizona, and what basic region. I could be wrong, but I doubt that heart would show up via Google Earth, which would be the only way I would be looking for it any time soon (soon, as in years).

Also, I realized that I never answered one of your questions. No, I haven't spent much time hiking the Superstitions, just once actually. I did live in Tucson for a year, 21 years ago, and did a lot hiking, and some camping, around that area, but that was long before I ever heard of the Peralta Stones. But, unlike a lot of people, I do understand how hard it is to hike in most of AZ. You can look up an easily see a trail that you want to follow, but with all the loose shale, you have to watch every single step you take. So you take about 10 steps, watching every step you take, then look up to see if you are still on the trail, then repeat, repeat, repeat. :) It's not like hiking in some nice wooded area with ground that isn't going to give away from under you with any misstep.

No prob about the FB help. I'm an IT guy by profession, until a permanent case of vertigo rendered me unable to work 6 years ago. So helping people with computer issues is 2nd nature for me.

PBFred
Not Peralta

Post by Not Peralta »

Hi PBFred
Posted a better picture of the priest rock and the "three" that is on the horse map. These two monuments are located close together. As you can see the terrain is difficult and rough.
Food for thought: Notice on the stone tablets there is no name of the river. Why would that be? Because who ever made this map knew the name of the river.
Where on the stone tablets does it mention treasure, silver, gold or mines? Don't you find that unusual? How do we even know that this is a treasure map. Plus where does it mention the name Peralta?
I don't want to give anymore detail about the location at this time. I wanted to give you this to think about while you look at the tablets again.