Peralta Stones connection with the LDM?

Moderator: Jim_b

PBFred
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Peralta Stones connection with the LDM?

Post by PBFred »

Not Peralta,
You definitely have found a rather interesting area full of cool stuff.

Your theory about the river not having a name can easily be argued the opposite way. Also, the person that made the map may not have known the name of it. And even if you solve the stone maps, unless the "treasure" also leads back to a person, there will never be a way to know the answer. So I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the river not being named.

As far as the map leading to gold. I've continuously read people say that the circle within a circle symbols refers to gold, but I've never seen that stated any where as fact. So I've also had my doubts as to what the map leads to. One theory I've had is that it leads to copper mines. In which case, the huge copper mine(s) right there to the east of the Superstitions may have been the places this map led to...18 places where copper ore was visible from the surface. Which would mean that the map is useless now. Who knows?

IMO, I think the biggest question is why the maps were made out of stone? With the writing and numerals on all of them, they definitely date from a time when paper was available. I don't know the actual weight of them, but they don't look light enough to merit carrying around in the desert to track down a specific place. It would seem more likely for them to be put on display somewhere... for example, in a "church" of some sort that believed Weaver's Needle was some sort of holy spot, and everyone could see the maps and know how to get there. Honestly, why make them out of stone bothers me quite a bit. Which obviously brings up the question everyone has asked themselves (that has looked into this) are they fakes? I obviously can't prove anything about them, but I do tend to believe that they are real. Mostly because that would be a lot of work to go through in order to drum up what? Money? Other than attracting treasure hunters to the Superstitions, they haven't made much money for anyone.

Just some food for thought. :)

BTW, caches of gold have been found all over Arizona around monuments and such, even one with Mayan numbering. If I were you, I'd put aside the Stone Maps and just hit that area you found with a nice metal detector.

PBFred
Not Peralta

Post by Not Peralta »

New picture posted of old Mission that used to be on Peralta Road at the base of the Superstition Mtns.
Not Peralta

Post by Not Peralta »

Dear Dutchman Hunters:
QUIZ: The man who called himself Jacob Waltz, the "Dutchman", what did he have in common with Huntington, Hopkins and Stanford?
CLUE: Huntington, Hopkins and Stanford were all businessmen in California.
Not Peralta

Post by Not Peralta »

The answer to the quiz above can be found in the obituary for Captain William H Hardy (Date: 1906-06-28). It's posted on Treasure Net under the forum thread "Do the stone tablets lead to somewhere OTHER than the Superstition Mtns". I also have a thread of the same name on this site under the sub-heading History-legonds and lore of the Superstition Mtns. I was told I was under the wrong heading, but I'm not so sure. I am getting a lot of views but no replies. It seems to me like the right heading for what I want to say, since it involves both the tablets, the "Dutchman" and the Supertition Mtns. :?
Since I was that here, I have posted pictures and directions to Spirit Mountain on my facebook page. Please be sure to click on the thumbnail picture of the mountain to view all the picture. (Stone Tablets Peralta)
NP
Not Peralta

Post by Not Peralta »

Any one who has taken the time to come to a forum like this already knows the basic "facts" of the story of the "Lost Dutchman" mine and the direction to his mine. I believe that within many treasure tales there is actually ONE true story. The facts will lead you there.
FACT: A man named Jake , who they called the "Dutchman" was in Hardyville.
Cptn William H Hardy says in his accounts about the era that he met a German called Jake who was called the "Dutchman".
There is a local legend regarding a mine with a very rich gold quartz vein in the Spirit Mtn wilderness. Hardy had a map to the mine and sent a company of men to search for it in the Spirit Mountains. The first major point on the map was to look for a diamond shaped peak. This party crossed the Colorado River to the west and never returned and was presumed dead. Their intended direction was into Spirit Mtn.
If you want to follow the directions given by the "Dutchman", I believe the best place to start is Grapevine Canyon.
Because I have certain information that has never been presented together about the German named Jake, who was called the "Dutchman" and who was in the company of W H Hardy in Hardyville and elsewhere. My question is: WHO exactly was the man "they" called Jacob Waltz, the "Dutchman" in the story of the "Lost Dutchman" mine?
No one ever saw him do any mining, let alone, GO INTO the Superstition Mtns. He just showed up with some gold bearing quartz.
Again, my question is, if you research all the documents published over the years with Jacob Waltz's name on them, why don't the signatures match from starting in California to Arizone?
Just like the stone tablets, the "Dutchman" never actually mentions the Superstition Mtns---that just happens to be where the legend began. NP
Jim_b

Post by Jim_b »

If you want to follow the directions given by the "Dutchman", I believe the best place to start is Grapevine Canyon.
Because I have certain information that has never been presented together about the German named Jake, who was called the "Dutchman" and who was in the company of W H Hardy in Hardyville and elsewhere. My question is: WHO exactly was the man "they" called Jacob Waltz, the "Dutchman" in the story of the "Lost Dutchman" mine?
Grapevine Canyon is in southern Nevada near Laughlin, Nv. Why start there?

Not Peralta

Post by Not Peralta »

Grapevine Canyon is the canyon below the Heart on the mountain from the stone tablets. It has water and is a short cut to Spirit Mountain. We know that a man named Jake, called "the Dutchman" spent time here with W H Hardy. Hardy had a map to a gold rich quartz vein mine located somewhere in the Spirit Mountain area. There is also a map mixed in the petroglyphs that is not Native American in origion. Jake would have been aware of Hardy's map. There are clues in the "Dutchman's" directions that match this area much more than elsewhere. NP
Mike C.

Post by Mike C. »

Hello to both Jim and NP. I believe NP was referring to Grapevine Canyon about 80 or so miles east of Tuscon. It's been known for the working dude ranch out there that bears the same name. Yes, this is very close to Spirit Mountain indeed. Jim I understand your question as there are actually a few different Grapevine Canyons in the Southwest including our own backyard in ABDSP. NP, how is it you know it is in fact Grapevine Canyon below the heart on the mountain on the stone maps? I feel I missed something here as I have been out here on DUSA a little more than a decade and this is the first I have heard about this. Thanks guys, maybe someday we will get to the bottom of this. Mike C. Brea, Ca.
Jim_b

Post by Jim_b »

The pictures he posted on his Facebook page are from the Laughlin area and one of them matches the one I posted.

This is the area he is writing about.
Not Peralta

Post by Not Peralta »

Mike C,
Please go to the "History-Legends and Lore of the Superstitions" section under this same heading. I started a thread there called "Do the stone tablets lead to somewhere OTHER than the Superstition Mtns." You can read my theory there. I was told I put it in the wrong place. I've gotten quite a few views but not replies. It's a lot to type in again. Thanks for looking. NP