Stone Cabin

Moderator: Jim_b

EDN
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Stone Cabin

Post by EDN »

I see a lot of people have viewed this post over the years. Does anyone think this could be the Lost Dutchman's mine? If you think it is or not. I would like to get your comments. I think others would also like to hear your thoughts. If you know something about the history of this place could you please share?

As for me, I have mixed feelings about this place. I know there have been many different structures found in the desert. This particular one is way off the path relative to were everyone seems to be searching. The things I seen around this place probably go back to the 50's -60's (guessing). As an example an old broken radio missing its housing exposing the electrical components. I could tell it was old because of the electrical components used. I'm pretty sure it didn't belong to Jacob Waltz. The door to the cabin was lying on the ground. The hinges were too modern to be from Jacob Waltz time. There is an mine near but, the opening is completely closed. The anvil I mentioned in my previous post looked like it was made from a piece of modern rail road track. I just don't know if this could be the place or not. I hope those reading will share what they know about this place.

I certainly hope no one reading this grabs a shovel and starts digging out there. First of all you could get into a lot of trouble with the authority's and think about this, if there were gold still down there people wouldn't have stopped digging. If there was gold, it was probably a pocket, and most likely all gone! It's simply not worth the risk. I hope no one would destroy these types of places too. If you do, I hope your friends or someone anonymously turns you in to the authority's. Be assured, if I see you, I'll be making some calls. I think there are a lot of hikers out there today that have deep appreciation for the wilderness and would most likely turn anyone in they caught destroying these places. Enjoy it and don't Destroy it.

Anyway - Like to get your comments and share what you may know about this place.

EDN
auag

Post by auag »

the mines in the area you are posting about are tungsten mines..not gold...just because there is a hole in the ground doesn't mean it was a gold mine..the big mine straight up the mountain from there is the world famous arizona amethyst mine...known for having the best facet grade amethyst ..four peaks is highly mineralised and loaded with old mines but alot of them are gemstone mines...flourite...amethyst...etc....also alot of tungsten...there are some gold mines up there but not on the west slope where you are
EDN

Post by EDN »

More photos of the cabin (Test 1)
EDN

Post by EDN »

It worked here are some more...

EDN

Post by EDN »

Auag,

I new about the Amethyst mine but, not this place. I searched everyplace I could think of to get more information but, found nothing. I didn't know tungsten was mined up there...very cool.

Thanks,

EDN
EDN

Post by EDN »

Wow!! I'm really surprised. No replies even after 350 views of this topic.

Really was hoping to get more people talking about this place and what they have found.

Please comment. I won't be offended.

EDN
auag

Post by auag »

edn...i'm afraid tungsten mines arent very romantic or exciting...those mines were first worked around the time of ww1..then again in the late 1970's....if you brought home some of the ore check it with a florescent light and see if it lights up blue..if so it's sheelite