Stone Cabin

Moderator: Jim_b

EDN
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Stone Cabin

Post by EDN »

Attached is a picture of a stone cabin that I found. I have searched and searched but, I have not been able to find any information or other photos of this cabin. I was hoping someone in this forum has seen this cabin. I also found some old mines by the cabin. I found an old crevicing tool that looks like it could have been used to search for gold. I'm a bit reluctant to tell everyone where this is located. It's not in the area most people are looking for the lost dutchman mine. There is an old trail that I belive could have been used by the military. The mine is hidden if you were walking down the trail but, from the top of the mine you could see the trail. Three of the four sides of the cabin are set back into the side of the hill. When you approach the cabin you can't see it until your about 25 yards away. When the cabin had a roof you could probably stand on top and not know your on the roof. I also found some other mining activity about half mile from this location. I had a hard time uploading pictures due to all the contraints. I will post more as soon as I figure out how to make them smaller. At least easier than the one I attached.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
393stroker

Re: Stone Cabin

Post by 393stroker »

Cool find EDN. and welcome to the forum. It seems that somebody must have thought that the area was worth staying at for awhile, and put some effort into building a little place for some shelter and security. You never know, there might be a stash of some sort close by.
coazon de oro

Post by coazon de oro »

Howdy EDN,

And welcome to DUSA. Cool find Amigo, looking forward for more.

Homar
Gregory E. Davis

Post by Gregory E. Davis »

Hello EDN: Is that the old miners Stone Cabin in a gulch at the base of Four Peaks on the west side of Four Peaks and to the north east of the "Soldiers Camp" and the Soldier Camp Trail along Boulder Creek as shown on the Four Peaks Arizona Topo Map? If so it is not that much of a secret for the cabin is shown with an open square and the mine tunnel symbol on that map. The other diggings are to the south of the cabin along Boulder Creek with another set of ruins on a shelf above the creek which appeared to be another miners camp. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
Gregory E. Davis

Hello EDN: Did I hit a sensitive spot? I have not heard back from you regarding my comments on the Stone Cabin you located. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
EDN

Post by EDN »

Well it's been several years but, I'm still here. Believe it or not I was trying to post some more pictures and information but, got frustrated with my computer and converting the photos to an up-loadable format and simply gave up. I stumbled on this post today and decided to reply. Yes this is the stone cabin in the four peaks area. There is some other old structures and old trash in the canyon below. A cool heavy anvil made from a train track was on top of a rock. Has anyone been to this place?
EDN

Post by EDN »

Here is the GPS location of the Stone House 33.681679° -111.353212°

Here is the GPS location of the Anvil on top of the Rock. If you look real close you can see a dark spot in Google Earth. 33.678944° -111.355065°

Just above the Rock is another structure (three walls made from stacked rocks). 33.679059°-111.355033°

Another structure was at this spot. 33.678871° -111.355148° Their were all kinds of old cans and other rusted stuff lying around.

There was a camp fire ring with a large pan with a rusted hole in the middle close to this spot. 33.678985° -111.354971°

Very cool place!!!
Gregory E. Davis

Yes: I have been there. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
auag

Post by auag »

it was a nice place until you posted the coords online..i'd bet the next time you go there anything that can be stolen will be gone..and whatever the idiots cant steal they will vandalize...do us all a favor and remove the coords and refrain from posting them in the future
riley53

Post by riley53 »

To EDN, your post with the GPS location of the stone cabin is a refreshing change of pace for this site. Do only what you feel you need to and disregard those that would tell you what to do. Its true that their are always those among us that would destroy but many others will greatly praise you for actually using this site to share information rather than for the spread of rumors, taunting of others, and the discussion of who right about information that can not ever be proved. The definition of a forum is not what it use to be. You keep on keeping on and enjoy your exploring, be safe!