Finding the Peralta Treasures

Moderator: Jim_b

Robert_K
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Finding the Peralta Treasures

Post by Robert_K »

Robert again

Boy you got to love those cell phone spell checkers.

I must add an additional point not asked for to see if you all agree.
In my experience we as people have our own 'applications' like a cell phone. We as operators are the conscious people making choices and relying on apps to get our attention. A ding can tell you a message has arrived, and the message app is running in the background waiting to detect something.

I personally find I am the same; that phones are in fact designed similar to peoples minds. As a result the same app that lets me discover a coin on the ground is also detecting those impacts people make in wilderness. I've learned from searching for things over a lifetime how my mind gets my attention; a long gaze for nor apparent reason for example. If I cannot detect what is ringing my alarms I take a hi-def photo. I carry a Nikon D7000 and shoot a whole lot of frames. Later when rested I go through them very slowly. The things I can detect with my 'app' are called 'sticky notes' by me.

I've learned to tell game trails from foot trails and faults. I've been able to find those trails even when very old. I also see images such as geometric shapes stenciled, carved, placed or natural. There is a measurable energy that is created when objects are moved ( physicists call it potential energy ). Unusable energy is called entropy. Entropy and energy of similar levels concentrated in one spot indicate human activity. Reading the signs of it are another skill. A simple example is a scattering of rock. Could be chips from making arrowheads, could be mine tailings or a dump from a gold pan. The same is true of the modification of limbs on plants. Turned stones; all those things the Apaches learned to observe can still be learned today.

I have observed that the Peraltas were as equally sensitive to these as the Apaches. Because of this they would stack stones with brush near entrances of tunnels to obscure their presence. In some cases the only way to observe a shaft entrance is from above. Stones of an off color are placed at a cliffs edge, to indicate you should go look down.

My point being when I say ' a maze of dungeons and dragons clues' realize why. They had to remain as obscure to the Apaches as possible yet they knew they were observed. Similarly I suspect each post on the Post Road had a boss that was in charge of managing the obscurity of the mines; minimizing how many people knew exactly where to go.

Spanish law before the Mexican Independence dictated how many miners per mine there were. More miners would have to be accepted by the miners because each miner got a wage and a cut of the proceeds. I suspect these laws were in effect in the Superstition Mountains by the Peraltas in order to establish mine security. Give the miner a cut and he likely would insure the entrances were obscure and kept private. Friends likely worked one mine together.

While much of this is an opinion its based on readings of other sources of operations discovered in New Mexico that read like a Peralta legend and operation. These operations, for example, would put forges and smelting facilities inside the underground chambers to operate 24 hours a day. They were well ventilated. Niches in tunnels provided beds for miners. The need to go outside was minimized.

Based on my crude estimates of ore quality from samples I suspect that to get an ingot of gold from a good mine a string of 10 mules carried 9 loads of waste and one load of quality ore. Waste I've seen has been dumped in deep fractures between boulders or in crevasses. The mines have circles around them. Triangles with the base attached to the circle are the entrance and exit paths for a mule train to line up around the entrance. Miners loaded all mules in parallel. Trails over hills split into two paths so they could bypass without pulling over.

These are the sorts of things I meant by 'a maze of dungeons and dragon clues'.

Robert
Sgtfda

Post by Sgtfda »

The maps are not that complicated. I've used them to find several placer gold locations. The priest horse map points to the trail on the map stone. I have some nice gold to show for it. You need the Peralta Tesora map.
deducer

Post by deducer »

Robert,

Would you mind showing where the soot mark is, on the horse side of the map?
Robert_K

Post by Robert_K »

Hi

Several things;
1) Latin; in my search to translate the Latin Heart it became clear the Roman Numerals were of Medieval form. Cryptography, codes and ciphers are one of my interests and hobbies. I know that when Spain was trying to force the Black Robe Jesuits to hand over mineral wealth that the Church rightly claimed was their share they Jesuits were forced to send correspondence to Rome using Medieval Latin and in some cases ciphers or codes. The general problem being how to record critical data for special eyes only. So if you look up this material in Wikpedia you'll find excellant tables explaining the transition from a backwards C and I to form the present D. But in general I didn't find the translation very difficult. I believe the intent was to keep the lay people in the mining camp from understanding it.

2) Germans and Peraltas; Germans are by culture Lutheran, not Catholic. So in my opinion the probability is that the two came from the Someo district and not Germany. I tend to think of them as Austrians but thats probably not a good assumption.

3) Soot on the Horse Stone side of the White tablet. The Soot is on both sides on one end of the tablet, probably indicating that the Priests side was closest to what burned. Given the soot and smoke stains I suspect (for example ) a grease wood was present and they were in a structure that burned. But who knows, could've been mule flesh for all I know. Without diagnostics anybody's guess is as good as mine; See attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robert_K

Post by Robert_K »

So
Where can I get the crispest, largest image of the Peralta Tesora Map ?
Is it available for direct inspection ( ie like SMHS)?
Robert
Sgtfda

Post by Sgtfda »

Robert Tumlinison was partners with Bob Garman. They searched a different area than you. But they had that map and other privately held items. Only a few trusted friends have it. Though I've used the stones to find gold I'm not a stoner. My opinion to this point. The stones are a mining location map. But we will see. Good luck on your search.
Sgtfda

Post by Sgtfda »

If they had the solution at the Historical Society the stones would have been solved by now. You will find a lot of books with solutions but where is the gold. I was able to find a spot first with nice gold then worked my way back on the stones to find a second location. My opinion the stones were made after 1887. In a simple code that date is on the stones and for a reason
Robert_K

Post by Robert_K »

Dear SgtFDA

In regards to the SMHS; they have a non-profit permit and legally they cannot interpret the maps nor render any judgements on the matters. If you doubt my point please contact Barbara at the museum or Greg Davis. We have discussed this a lot. They have no margin for error due to the NFS sensitivity of their continued promotion of the history. Their role as they put it is to preserve and present to the public the lore and available research material for those who would render an opinion.

In regards to the Stone Maps and finding gold I hope you've read the entries but if not I will again make this comment;
DR-609 published by the Fed describes an airborne test that used a 'sniffer' to sample the air and do a chemical analysis to detect compounds or elements selected for the study. In 1969 they ran this system via aircraft over the Superstitions and other gold bearing deposits in Arizona. The results showed the concentration of mercury over the Superstitions to be 16x that found at Quartzite. The conclusion being the region is a goldfield of immense value because mercury flows up in the mesothermal veins along with the gold in solution when the quartz forms.

In my experience there is a lot of gold in the Superstitions and the problem is only to find what has not been mined out by the prior mining operations. Finding gold in the Superstitions is a wonderful experience but hardly qualifies as proving a map has defined that location. Finding a mine where you think it belongs based on an interpretation of the map(s) is also not proof. There are mines still operating in the region. Mines are everywhere and of varying age. Many have been covered up.

I will never deny anyone their personal interpretation, adventure, success nor pleasure.

But I will disagree about the Stone Map interpretation because of the empirical evidence other than mines, gold and similar terrain features. Namely the graves, building foundations, secret marks and last but not least more Peralta Hearts.

Please enjoy yourself and be careful. But I suspect we are at an impasse on the interpretation of the Stone Maps and thats okay too.

Sincerely Robert
Sgtfda

Post by Sgtfda »

Robert. Hope you find your target. I'm aware of the mercury study in fact I had a geologist look over some of my gold and he said some was from a mercury environment. My map opinion is not just based on the recovered gold. I have other information at my disposal and it matches I have a interest in examples of gold found in the Superstitions. My photos are on a other treasure site. It's a pain to post photos here. To this point I've seen only one other example of gold from the area. That is what the maps are all about. Gold. You hear many opinions on the maps. Many books have been written. But the one thing lacking is the gold. I'm not talking a few specks but real gold by the Ounce. I'm looking toward to seeing your examples. Other than a few specks. Until gold is recovered in large amounts a opinion is just that. A opinion. You said there is gold all over the place in the superstitions. I can't wait to see the examples. Don't get me wrong I admire your effort. The sites you have found are very interesting. I have no doubt there was a lot of activity over the years. The maps were carved after 1887 and they refer to only one part of the mountain and with the trail ending at one single mine. Of course other things along the way. Have fun and don't be so serious. It's only gold.
Sgtfda

Post by Sgtfda »

Wayne. Somehow this is all your fault. I was just a happy prospector. You were right. There are other THINGS out there. More than you might think.