Moderator: Jim_b

Joe Ribaudo
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

11th. ANNUAL DUTCH HUNTER'S RENDEZVOUS

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

This notice was posted by Randy:

11th annual Dutch Hunters Rendezvous

Ok everyone, it's that time again! The 11th annual Lost Dutch Hunters Rendezvous is coming up. The dates will be October 23rd - 25th at the Don's Camp, which can be found near the Peralta Trailhead on the South side of the Superstition Mountains. The gates will be unlocked Friday morning for you early birds.
Guest speakers are as follows:

Friday night we will be doing something new. A Q&A with the stars of "Ice Cold Gold", the Feldman Brothers. They will be available for your questions about the show, as well as what they are up to these days, and their future. The brothers are co-owners of the famous Mammoth Mine in Goldfield as well as tour guides/packers of the OK Corral headquartered in the Goldfield Ghost Town.

Early Saturday night we will have another Q&A session with the stars of "Legend of the Superstition Mountains",Wayne Tuttle, Frank Augustine and Woody Wampler. These gentlemen will be happy to discuss their experiences on the show, questions about the show in general, and anything else you can conjure up. Wayne has been an avid searcher of the Lost Dutchman mine for 40 years as well as co-organizer of the last 9 LDH Rendezvous. He was recently enlisted as a member of the Don's Club. Frank and Woody are members of the GPAA, as well as long time prospectors, who have actually found Gold in the Superstition Mountains.

Later Saturday night Thomas Glover will be speaking about his new book. Thomas is always a delight as he brings new information not usually known to the public. He is a fantastic Author who has written some of the best books considering the Lost Dutchman mine and its history. We look forward to his talk, it's always a pleasure.

There are plenty of dispersed camping areas, so bring your tents or campers. We also have on site toilet facilities,though there is no running water. Please plan accordingly. The Don's of Arizona allow us to use the facility every year, all they ask is that we clean up and leave the place as we found it, or better. There are trash barrels on site.

We usually do a raffle of some sort. There will be an announcement at the beginning of Saturday nights talk regarding any raffle.

Food for Friday is tentative, I will make an announcement with details if and when this comes to be.

This will be a family friendly event. Service pets are welcome. Non service pets are asked to stay home in the interest of everyone who attends.

Thank everyone who has attended in the past to make this event an ongoing success! We look forward to seeing old faces, as well as many new faces this year! Please direct any questions about the event to Randy, email address is djui5 at yahoo.com. See you in October!

Sincerely,
Randy Wright
History Lover

Sounds like a barn burner.

Joe Ribaudo
RMG1976

Re: 11th. ANNUAL DUTCH HUNTER'S RENDEZVOUS

Post by RMG1976 »

This sounds like a great time and a way to put some faces with the names!
Joe Ribaudo

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

I recently found a copy of:

Book Description: Chronological History of the Superstition Wilderness Area, the Lost Dutchman Mine and the Adjacent Central Mountain Region. A chronological listing of associated prehistory and history from 300 B.C. to 2000 A.D. The book provides a detailed log of events. Presentation copy signed by Kollenborn. Tom Kollenborn, 1st edition, 1988, rev. 2000. Black cloth.

I purchased it from the bookstore with the express purpose of donating it to the Rendezvous' Saturday night raffle. Although we won't be attending this year, I will ask Dr. Glover to deliver it for the raffle.

This particular book was only available to libraries and not for sale to the public. Tom gave some of the books to friends and inscribed and signed a few. It's a rare find and a good source for historians of the area.

Like any good historian, Tom revises and updates his books as new information becomes available. That being said, some of every historian's stories will change over the years. I am more than grateful for the Kollenborn's friendship and support over the years we have been friends. Tom is the first person I turn to for accurate information on the history of the region.

Good luck to all,

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Just got a call from Ryan Gorden. He and Frank are on their way to the Rendezvous. He has his drone with him. Should be fun. Dr. Glover was here last Sunday and picked up Tom's signed copy of: "Chronological History of the Superstition Wilderness Area, the Lost Dutchman Mine and the Adjacent Central Mountain Region". Whoever wins that book at the Saturday night raffle will have a very nice piece of history.

Sorry we will miss the event, first time in eleven years, but doing some business with the V.A. in Las Vegas Saturday afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great time.

Take care,

Joe & Carolyn
Joe Ribaudo

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

A few details of how the Rendezvous went and some pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe