The falsehoods of Ryan, Tumlinson's and the SOJ

Moderator: Jim_b

somehiker
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: The falsehoods of Ryan, Tumlinson's and the SOJ

Post by somehiker »

jhowlett wrote:Wayne Why don't you open a new thread say " SOJ, Tumlinson's and hissy fits " and you moderate and we can all chat and forget this thread. Jeff.
I already have a thread within the topic I moderate...."Further discussions......".
Been neglecting it a bit because related conversations have been popping up elsewhere, but you can certainly add anything to it that fits within the rules of DUSA, and be assured that it will not be locked by me, or your posts deleted by anyone but yourself.

Regards:Wayne
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Joe Ribaudo wrote:
somehiker wrote:Joe:

I was on site at the time, writing a reply to his question about the Gary Turner stone, when all his threads were locked, so was unable to post it to the discussion when I tried to do so. While your post may have been a factor, I suspect Greg's revelation about several more letters from Robert T. to Garman, may have been what triggered Ryan's response in locking all of the threads where, as a moderator, he has that power. His attacks on the credibility of respected authors.....AND that of other long standing members of this forum....are becoming tiresome IMO. I find this action on his part, along with his frequent deletions of entire discussions merely because others have posted information contrary to HIS version of Travis' history, to be well beyond that of a responsible moderator and potentially damaging to the reputation of DUSA.

Wayne,

You may be right, but Ryan only deleted my post. He left Greg's. I don't believe many of the people that Ryan interviewed came away with a positive impression of him, none that I talked to anyway. There are a number of the old timers who have information on this story. Greg is one.

Take care,

Joe
Joe:

I think I have a pretty good idea of some of what's been saved by the old timers. Some of it has been shared, and now has a place within my own files. At the last rendezvous, I was drawn aside on more than one occasion as well, where I was told in private a few things which would surely fan the flames if made public at this time. Greg, or anyone else who has them, is welcome to share the additional Tumlinson-Garman letters on my "Legends and Lore" topic, either in my own "Further discussions" thread, or one of their own if they wish.
We can then carry on with the Garman story there, and leave the "RMG" story here.

Choto

Post by Choto »

somehiker wrote:
Joe Ribaudo wrote:
somehiker wrote:Joe:

I was on site at the time, writing a reply to his question about the Gary Turner stone, when all his threads were locked, so was unable to post it to the discussion when I tried to do so. While your post may have been a factor, I suspect Greg's revelation about several more letters from Robert T. to Garman, may have been what triggered Ryan's response in locking all of the threads where, as a moderator, he has that power. His attacks on the credibility of respected authors.....AND that of other long standing members of this forum....are becoming tiresome IMO. I find this action on his part, along with his frequent deletions of entire discussions merely because others have posted information contrary to HIS version of Travis' history, to be well beyond that of a responsible moderator and potentially damaging to the reputation of DUSA.

Wayne,

You may be right, but Ryan only deleted my post. He left Greg's. I don't believe many of the people that Ryan interviewed came away with a positive impression of him, none that I talked to anyway. There are a number of the old timers who have information on this story. Greg is one.

Take care,

Joe
Joe:

I think I have a pretty good idea of some of what's been saved by the old timers. Some of it has been shared, and now has a place within my own files. At the last rendezvous, I was drawn aside on more than one occasion as well, where I was told in private a few things which would surely fan the flames if made public at this time. Greg, or anyone else who has them, is welcome to share the additional Tumlinson-Garman letters on my "Legends and Lore" topic, either in my own "Further discussions" thread, or one of their own if they wish.
We can then carry on with the Garman story there, and leave the "RMG" story here.

The entire thing is unfortunate and I think a lost opportunity.

Anyway, your suggestion to leave the "RMG" story here is probably a good one.
Wish him luck and move on.

I think that the timing is right.
nobody

Post by nobody »

Ryan has unlocked it.
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

I suppose posts like this shouldn't surprise me - athough this one caught me a little off guard.

I understand, fully, how important the stone maps and the Legends of Jacob Walt(zer) is to many people.

Who has taught me the most about treasure hunting and the thought process behind it was during a meeting I had with Thomas Glover. While many will try to persuade you to believe that folks like Thomas do not like me, he actually wrote a compelling review of our time together on Tnet. I find Thomas to be extremely sincere - honest - and a desire to relay stories to the best of his ability.....and his abilities will trump all writers before and after him. The books he writes are books of passion - which is how they should be written, not for monetary gain.

At lunch, he looked at me and told me "Ryan, treasure hunters are a crazy bunch of folks" - we laughed and I said "thats for damn sure". Then I go and read this post, and Dr. Glover's words keep going thru my mind.

I am amazed at the conjecture many of you will come to - based off the words of computer screens. Some of you I have met in person, but the far majority I have not, and frankly, do not have the desire to. It'd take an awful lot of Xanax and probably a strong drink as well.

Gold Fever is extremely contagious - so much so that many prospectors of old will lose their minds completely. Anyone that can hike Weaver's needle, with ANY sort of intelligence, will quickly determine that there is no quartz - nor any geological markers of gold....yet thousands upon thousands have desecrated our dear Mother Earth in the process. This makes me embarrassed for humanity - but also embarrassed for the folks that spent so much time - and so much money - believing in such wild fairy tales.

It is those same fairy tales, that while Matthew Roberts believe are not privy to me, actually are. I have the same letters you do Matthew, in fact - I have many more. You do not have access to the Tumlinson Family - nor the massive amounts of correspondence that Travis had with many folks, in and out of Arizona. Claims such as yours are nothing more than an attempt to "seem important". You do have a considerable amount of knowledge, but as Garry Cundiff will say - you are not a man to be trusted. I concur.

Mr. Ribaudo - you love to slant things in a direction that I am unsure if its because of your medication or just a complete desire to spin truths to your benefit. I'd be happy to supply my call records to prove the things you say are a lie. In fact, you are hell bent on trying to convince me that the $25,000 you spent in the Superstitions, near Hieroglyhic Canyon was the "Solve" to the stone maps. You asked for my address and I still have the maps and note you sent me, trying to get me to believe in YOUR way of the mountains, even asking me for drone footage to further your search from the air. You failed....and you failed miserably. Since then, you have thought it best to act as an authority figure. The only authority figure you are- is one on failure. That is fact - and the fact of many. Any public record search on your name will show- you lost everything you had - and nearly your home, because of your wild escapades in the Superstition Mountains because you, like many others, had convinced themselves they had found the end of the trail. You found nothing......and you never will. This call you speak of - where you told me to never call you again - that is the most laughable part of it all. But on that aspect, it seems we agree. I hope to never see you in person - because you are not a man to be trusted and are as two faced as they come.

Victor - while you may think I have it out for you, I actually respect the desire you take to research. You pour hours and hours into what you do, and I admire that. While calling around Stockdale to track me down, or demanding the name of the Jesuits I speak to could be concluded as you also asking for my credit card number or Social Security number, I will still look past it and applaud your efforts to stay on the same course. You are pretty much the only one that has a consistent storyline.

As for me - I am human - I make mistakes - and so does the rest of the Tumlinson family. We have hundreds of pages of things to sift though - countless photographs - bank statements - bonds - pictures of gold coins and other valuables. Extremely expensive watches and jewels. We have coding systems that were very tricky to decipher and we still have a tremendous amount of research to go through. Travis Tumlinson was a very complex man - that knew how to hide his tracks. It has taken an entire crew of people to finally break his codes, his maps and to fully understand what he was telling us. The SoJ has been a huge help in this mystery, as they have parts of the puzzle, and the family and I have the other parts. Collectively, we can complete the story together. One is not equal without the other - and what an incredible honor it is, to share information with the eldest and most prestigious organization in the world.

I know that we are not working on a time scale many of you would prefer - probably none of you. However, I have made the decision rather than rush development - to satisfy just a few of you - I would rather take the very long and slow approach. There are no opportunity for edition 2 or edition 3 when it comes to a TV series, like there is for books. When we do it, it has to be correct the FIRST time.

I understand the rational behind folks that many will call the "old timers" - and should they like not me bears no hard feelings towards me. I am now 40 years old - and if I was worried about what people thought of me at this age, I'd be in some serious trouble. People are entitled to believe whatever they'd like......and I love a good challenge. I invite them - I love them......but you better come well prepared and don't come with an attitude (Joe Ribaudo) - because all in all - who wants to be treated like that?

Soon enough you will see all of us on TV. Then perhaps you will see the "real me" - not the computer screen Ryan. I know who my friends are - and I have been supported by these same friends since the beginning. Many of these people post not only on DUSA, but also TNET. They have been privy to a tremendous amount of our information - because often times I seek advice. These same folks have seen the interviews with the Jesuits and are amazed at their cooperation with the family and I and the tremendous amount of information they have shared, in a willingness to help. After all - the treasure belongs to them....not us.

Anyhow - the intention of my email is to recognize that there may be many ill feelings towards me....and thats okay. I live my life differently - and try to form opinions in person or via telephone. I am a great judge of character and I know who is a bold face liar....and I feel that I have shared that well in this correspondence.

Judge as you may - call names as you may - but at the end of the day, my goal has never faltered. The family and I together will deliver the truth to a long, but often times forgotten saga of the SoJ, The Stone Maps and my hero, Travis Tumlinson.

Be well, and Happy Easter (if you celebrate).

-RG
nobody

Post by nobody »

Happy Easter.
jhowlett

Post by jhowlett »

Happy Easter to all. Ryan you and Choto seem to be on similar paths as far as location, just different source's at getting there. You know life is short you will be 70 like me before you turn around. When dealing with other folks on these sites who have strong beliefs it surely can be trying. My old dad you to say " you get more fly's with sugar than vinegar. Maybe not fly's, but life is short and if you know that you have great info it will prove itself in the end. Thirty years from now very few will remember the banter back and forth,but history remembers one's charter. Good Luck Jeff
jhowlett

Post by jhowlett »

Dyslexia again correction - one's character.
jhowlett

Post by jhowlett »

dame 'use to say".
Choto

Post by Choto »

Victor - while you may think I have it out for you, I actually respect the desire you take to research. You pour hours and hours into what you do, and I admire that. While calling around Stockdale to track me down, or demanding the name of the Jesuits I speak to could be concluded as you also asking for my credit card number or Social Security number, I will still look past it and applaud your efforts to stay on the same course. You are pretty much the only one that has a consistent storyline.

I don't think that anyone here "has it out for me" and scratch my head when reading that. In fact, I have met some absolutely incredible people thru this little obsession. Most of them are humble, quiet gentleman who share a common belief in the impossible. Insanely powerful when you think about it.

Anyway, I don't recall ever demanding anything of anyone. I simply asked, hoping that you might see how your words imply that the SOJ have been dishonest about their time in Arizona. That you didn't offer clarity leaves me questioning your relationship with the SOJ. I think that's fair. PR wise, it was a great opportunity for you to drive curiosity for your well produced series with a killer quote.

As I said, I wish you luck and would like to leave it there.

And ya, I fact check everything I read. Everyone should.
Keeps em honest.

BTW, your words towards Matthew Roberts and Joe are unnecessary.
Focus on promoting the project.
Last edited by Choto on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.