Tumlinson Saga

Moderator: Jim_b

RMG1976
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Here is what happened

Post by RMG1976 »

Last edited by RMG1976 on Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

RMG1976 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:08 am
cubfan64 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:59 pm Ryan, at one point when talking about figuring out the longitude and latitude markings for your "1847" site you mentioned... "this pattern of numbers and symbols is identical to the artistic expression Travis carved on the chimney of Pegleg's cabin. It's unmistakable."

Are you saying the numbers and symbols themselves are identical to those on the chimney or just that Travis carved numbers and symbols on the chimney in patterns which reminded you of the stone map? Also, I know years ago Garry Cundiff posted a number of photos of that Chimney and I recall a bicycle, old car, head and turtle, but I don't remember seeing any symbols or numbers. Can you post photos of the chimney with markings that are similar to those you believe Travis carved on the maps?

I've been extremely busy at work these days and have only had a few minutes now and then to pop on and read any updates, but one thing really struck me!! I can't be the only one who noticed the comment you say the Forest Service made after looking at your site.

In essence the Forest Service just told people that unless you get caught in the act (which of course is a huge risk), unless you're digging in an archaeological site, or leave behind anything of value or antiquity, there's nothing they can do to pursue charges. I swear I heard a story once about someone who thought they knew where something was buried so they just went out to the site, put up a big tent and "camped there" for a few days. I remember the story saying something about sounds of digging coming from inside, but after a time the tent came down and they went back to town - the ground looked the same and nobody was the wiser.

Good Morning Paul,

What I mean by "Artistic Expression" is the thought process behind creating art and how the author of that information chooses to express it. You are correct in your remembrance of what Garry had posted many years ago. Travis carved a self portrait then used a series of lines to connect the carvings together as one collective set.

I found this artistic expression to be the same in regard to the Priest side of the rock. A set of lines connecting a series of numbers to make one collective set.

In regard to the story you are recalling about illegal digging - thats very interesting and certainly makes the answer given to me by the officials at Tonto National Forest a bit easier to understand. Ultimately, of course, choosing to do things that are illegal (caught or not) - does not jive well with me or anyone else in the family. Those acts were a huge blow to the morale of everyone involved - that one of our sites had been compromised. We've still got so much more to follow up on - and work with members of the SoJ on. As mentioned, we had two different stories going on at once. 1) Travis and his movie set. 2) The Ground Map & The Barn Map. Now that we have completed and have a full understanding of the rocks Travis carved, we are focusing our undivided attention on Part 2 of our quest - but this time we will be doing it alone.

Thanks for your question!

-RG

ImageJJT CABIN CARVINGS by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr
Had the chimney carvings included numbers and symbols similar to those shown on the stone maps I could get on board with the idea that the artistic expression is "unmistakable," but with that not being the case I personally don't see the same comparison you do.

Your story is a pretty fantastic tale. There are A LOT of assumptions made along the way with pretty thin evidence imho. I've had enough experience with metal detectors and GPR to know that running them and interpreting what they tell you is as much an art as it is a science and even well trained people can be mistaken. I don't have the time now to pose further questions or probe deeper into some of the assumptions you made, but hopefully when things calm down a bit at work I can find more time to absorb everything and figure out what questions I even want to ask.
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

Here is a copy of our sizzle / demo reel - shot by a multi-award winning production company that did a fantastic job putting it together.

As of this morning, I have edited out names as well as The Barn Map / Ground Map and other items of interest that do not need to been seen on a public platform.

As described to me, this demo reel was shown at RealScreen by the Production Company and first bid on by History Channel. They would back out as soon as they found out it was in the Superstition Mountains. Discovery and Nat Geo made offers and the Production Company accepted Discovery's offer.

I am proud of the demo reel they put together - it put our series into development with a great network.

This demo reel was shot roughly two years ago. It's fun to look back and see what we knew then as opposed to what we know now.

RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

Marius

Post by Marius »

Martini on the " Rocks " anybody ?
babymick1

Post by babymick1 »

Ryan

I see you learned to control your temperament, That's good! Love all the Vintage Travis stuff it adds a lot to the
Story. I also see you agree with the enigma of the Stones
We're split up long ago, As I said. But I definitely disagree
With coordinates were place in the Stones, Hog wash to
That. The 2=3 is to convey the trinity is broken, that's all
It means. Nothing Fancy.

Now I hate to see things not Finnished, If you believe your
Finnish is complete do nothing. If not let's share.
Privately
rexmick@mail.com
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

babymick1

Post by babymick1 »

Ryan that's it. So your all done then.
Garry

Post by Garry »

Ryan,

I am very interested in the history of Travis and your post below certainly piqued my interest.

In the mid 1930’s Travis moved to Arizona. He worked at a mine with his wife Alleen ( pronounced AL – EEN ). Their job was to tend to the donkey’s that would bring ore out of a copper mine owned by the modern day company, Rio Tinto. Travis worked in mining for about 3.5 years, according to records verified by the HR Department of Rio Tinto. Many thought Travis’ first time in Arizona was on a road trip to visit family in 1949, this is not the case.

While Travis’ was working for the copper mine ( the name of the series of claims was called “Walnut Canyon” ) – he would start to investigate many of the treasure tales and legends within Arizona.

Janie passed along a similar story several years ago which she probably got from some of the documents in the locker. She only addressed it casually and I don’t know how in depth her understanding of the actual details or how long it had been since she had actually reviewed the information.

Her short version was that Travis worked in mining before he went to Hood River, Oregon. She thought the mine was in California and that maybe it was a coal mine. Travis didn’t work below ground but was employed above ground and she mentioned the donkey connection.

Since you have the documents from the mining company, I don’t know whether she was passing along a family story or there was something in the locker.

I don’t want to put you on the spot but I couldn’t conjure up a scenario in which the family would mind sharing this kind of information.

Would you post the images that allowed you to reach the conclusion that Travis and Alleen were in Arizona at this early date. I’m particularly interested in the time frame, where they were living and anything about the type of mine. I know that some copper mines yield small amounts of other valuable minerals.

Don't go sparingly on the images. :D

Thanks in advance,

Garry