Tumlinson Saga

Moderator: Jim_b

R.C.
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Here is what happened

Post by R.C. »

Such an irony .

Travis preps a site with a cache of both monetary and historic value and would focus a certain media attention on it ,were it beneficial to him. Preferably filming the trail of crumbs to the final reveal.
Then all these years later some one (Hey Ryan ,thank's for sharing your trails ,good catch on the cords)with media connections ferrets /fleshes out enough of the nuances to catch up with Travis's end game regarding certain things. Only to suggest there not being a forthcoming film. At least regarding certain stones. Yet they are part of the whole.

Lots of potential as a result for films since you first followed a curiosity.
Even if not Travis's tale,(sufficient in itself...)But in your "new" found desert .It's mysteries ,it's people,it's tough durability with at the same time; fragility with a stoicism.

The encroachment of "progress" through mining desires looming over the Supers.as mentioned by Lynda et all...Lot's of potential media fodder if approached right.
Still a source of humor for a relative in AZ. previously from my region , that copper chunks from here are presented on copper mining tours there. And the great pains to extract copper dust from such great volumes of earth...But that humor fades when appetite for mining looks towards historic trails.

Sure would have liked a peek in that 47 site's metal box when it was freshly placed!
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

Last edited by RMG1976 on Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marius

Post by Marius »

Hi Ryan

I see , you have not time to answer to my posts . Never mind , I can live with this .
Now about the metal detector " bips " at the " half circle " site . I possess a White's Spectrum XLT , and I know to handle it very well .

You wrote how you have heard " bips " for something big , and i thought how the guy who listened the sound via phone , knew is about something big ? There someone have to make different detecting to find out how large is the target . One and the most eficient is to keep the trigger pressed and to crisscross the ground at the point you have heard the sound . When the two lines on the screen ( the metal signal and the depth ) are at the same level , you are exactly above the target . If these lines are at the same level for a larger portion of ground , then you can " see " how large is the target and what shape has .
Now about the " bips " . All the high frequence sounds which the MD do ( if the Tone ID is not enabled ), are for all the non ferrous metals . The only way to distinguish the type of a non ferrous metal , is from the numbers in MD screen . If the Tone ID is enabled , then you will receive a different tone for every non ferrous metal . The MD can not be set to reacts only for gold or silver . On my MD i have the Tone ID enabled and I can distinguish the gold tone with my eyes closed .
Now some numbers to know how to distinguish the non ferrous metals on the MD screen :

Gold - between 15 and 25 but at 18 is for sure .
Aluminium or Al foil - between 20 and 30 . Some times is confused with gold .
Silver - between 70 and 80 but at 77 is for sure .
Bronze and copper - from 80 to 90 , but a bronze at 88 is for sure . Here if the tone has a large and rectangular dimension , could be a box which contains different and more precious metals .

So , the next time don't be so excited when the MD sounds , before see the numbers on the screen .

I am also glad you have decrypted the stone maps and gave us the meanings which so many years have waited for . For now we can sleep well and don't bother about those stone maps .

I wish you good luck in the future and I hope to relax us with new and interesting inputs .
Last edited by Marius on Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

Marius

Post by Marius »

RMG1976 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:20 am

Marius,

I am unsure what your question is? You didn't ask one in either post?

I do appreciate the instructional on how to use the metal detector in which you own, though!

-RG
Hi Ryan

I have not questions , only doubts .
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

nobody

Post by nobody »

I always say TRUST NO ONE.
Carrol

Post by Carrol »

Thanks Ryan,
It's kind of what happened to my dad....Try to do things the right way (lawfully) & it gets shoved right up your Arse!!!
R.C.

Post by R.C. »

New show idea.
Guy looking over his shoulder on the run after undermining a treasure hunt gets cornered eventually and not returning the treasure ,gets his his butt whupped before he is returned to the desert.
End scene is partially exposed bones bleaching in the desert.

Or ,he gets whacked after confirming a target existed on 47 site following the original script's following Travis's trail.. Same end scene.