Tumlinson Saga

Moderator: Jim_b

PotBelly Jim
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Here is what happened

Post by PotBelly Jim »

Thanks for posting this stuff, Ryan...outstanding work...I'm not sure of the gentleman in the picture, but did note that the company that printed it was the same as the company that printed the "bumper" photo of the stones (reportedly a copy from the Harnish Bros.). I think it's probably from Fox Photo, a Texas-based mail-order photo development company during the time-frame we're talking about.

EDIT: I meant Davis Bros, not Harnish Bros. There's a picture of it on pg. 331 of Dr. Glover's "Treasure Tales".
deducer

Post by deducer »

RMG1976 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:07 pm The Ground Map is a name that I created. Its not a word Travis used. There are many maps that I would end up finding, and I had to come up with a name to distinguish each from the other. I have previously posted a photo of Travis, with his uncle Phill Leasman, with the map on the ground. Hence the name, “The Ground Map”. It means nothing more, or nothing less than that.

The map itself is fairly large. Its on hide. Its full of symbols relating to the Jesuit order – its got coordinates on it ( please reference Rudo Ensayo for Jesuit use of coordinates for important places ). Its beautiful – its magical – it’s the real deal.

One of the family members, as a child, would question to Phill Leasman

“Popo, what are you going to do if the rocks break?”

“Its okay boy, the real map is right here”
(pointing to The Ground Map)

The innocence of children is always astounding.

I immediately got back in the car and made another 2,000 mile round trip back to Stockdale. Seeing the map, recognizing portions of it from the museum stones, it admittedly gave me a sense of relief. I was, to be blunt, starting to think I had just wasted money on a book that I thought was about stone maps, and wasn’t…and that perhaps the entire thing was a hoax.

It wasn’t that the family was keeping a secret from me about the Ground Map….they were not. The family alive today is 3 to 4 generations removed. They live “normal” lives….they don’t treasure hunt, in fact of all the family I met, only one of them (as an adult) has ever been to Arizona at all, and that was for business.

After looking at the ground map – this got me on a hunt for anything else I could find. I asked for permission to start going thru anything and everything in the house I could. We found more maps, this time Julia Thomas maps, one of which was on hide. We found a very cryptic map that seemed to reference Weaver’s Needle.

Then we found something very interesting. A letter that Phill Leasman had written to attempt to get a claim. I have, and will post, a copy of this letter.

ImageEnvelope by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr

ImageLetter by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr

He was basically told he contacted the wrong office. Phill couldn’t write, but he had a secretary that could…and she was the one who did this for him. Speaks to his desire to get this claim in action. Next to that paper, hidden away in his bedroom, was a denial letter – stating no permits would be issued for any claims, citing an 18 month moratorium. See attached:

ImageScreen Shot 2018-07-17 at 8.10.26 PM by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr

ImageScreen Shot 2018-07-17 at 8.10.39 PM by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr

ImageScreen Shot 2018-07-17 at 8.10.49 PM by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr

I have since filed a FOIA to get a copy of the letter that Phill originally wrote, but was told that all documents from that time period were lost in a fire. To this day, all of us would love to know the area in which Phill wanted to file a claim. Yet another piece lost to history and time…. Phill Leasman (outside of Travis’s wife Alleen, was his right hand man)

I went back home to Scottsdale again. This time with a few more photos as well, such as this one. No one in the family knows who he is – do you? Could this be Charlie Miller? We don’t know…

ImageUnknown Man Superstitions by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr

Eventually I would move to Stockdale as a full time resident, living on the family ranch. It was truly an honor and I miss those days tremendously. Something about sitting outside and watching the lighting bugs, having the manuscript in my hand – a crackling fire and stories that were brought back with a little good conversation. A lot of talk of Weaver’s Needle. The Peralta Treasure Room. Finding the bodies of dead soldiers in a cave, with their old flint lock pistols still attached. I miss Texas a lot..

During the days I would rummage the house, the attic – not finding anything more. I would move on to the other structures on the ranch, starting with an old barn that was full of old car parts & tools. The amount of hubcaps for Oldsmobile’s was astounding!

Eventually I would come across an old footlocker. I opened it up and found a bunch of serpentine belts, air intakes, a braided rope – just more of the same, really. Kept digging deeper – and would find a wooden tube. Opened it up….and bam! More maps.

This container was very rusty on the ends – it had to have been from the 1950s – 1960s. Inside of it was 3 wooden dowels, with papers wrapped around them.

ImageBarn Tube by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr

They included:

1) Spanish treasure codes and their descriptions (roughly 20 pages)
2) A map that referenced star constellations.
3) A map that I had never seen of supposed mines around the Weaver’s Needle Area

The star constellation map is what caught my interest the most. It was like nothing I had seen yet, except that it did share some similarities to the heart insert, to include a bunch of zeros.

This map is what I would call The Barn Map. Not because its some blue print to a barn, but….because I found it in a barn.
I know a lot of this is going to be upsetting, and rightfully so. I know that you folks would love to see these maps and I wish that I could show you. There are many reasons I cannot – the first of which is we are still working on them. The second is they are very prized heirlooms. I remember one time I had asked one of the family members, “If someone offered you 1 Million cash for the ground map, would you sell it?

“No! Hell no!”

I hope you can understand – and put yourself in their shoes.

The next part of this story I cannot go into major detail either – and once again I am sorry to disappoint. I am sure accusations will be made – saying things like I cannot back it up. I have been asked to keep the identity and how I got in contact with 2 of the most remarkable men I have ever had the honor of meeting, high ranking Jesuit Father’s.

I showed them The Ground Map and The Barn Map. They were astounded. They were immediately recognizable to them – and asked me where I had found them.

“On a ranch in the middle of nowhere Texas”

Copies of the maps were flown to Rome – scrutinized to the highest degree. They were prayed about……and they were accepted as pieces of Jesuit History.

Once the weather cools down, an article will be coming out about my dealings with the Jesuits, the relationship and bond we formed…..and written by and for….the Jesuits. I sincerely look forward to this piece coming out, so that I may share it here for you all to read.

The piece is going to focus on the recovery of the maps and the later theft of millions of dollars of Jesuit artifacts and other belongings. The theft of these items, and the further loss of our series, was the result of a company that was hired to do ground penetrating radar on the site I have nicknamed “The 1847 Site” – it’s the place the ground map tells you to go – and it’s the same place in which I will share the coordinates with all of you, to check out on your own.

I will continue to write in the coming days.

Again, please do not steal / print / publish any of the photos I have posted.
Looking forward to the continuation of this fascinating tale. When did the theft occur? Were no charges brought against the GPR company?
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

Last edited by RMG1976 on Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

Last edited by RMG1976 on Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PotBelly Jim

Post by PotBelly Jim »

Ryan, you asked for comments about Travis' reporting of Ruth/Barkley etc...while I can't comment on what really happened, I did notice that Travis gives the date of Ruth's murder as DEC 1931, which is an easy mistake to make, but in error nonetheless...
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

Last edited by RMG1976 on Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PotBelly Jim

Post by PotBelly Jim »

Hey Ryan,

The dates aren't a big deal, but Ruth went missing in JUN 31, his skull was found in DEC 31, and the rest of his remains were found in JAN 32...or so the story goes ;)
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

Last edited by RMG1976 on Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marius

Post by Marius »

Ryan
My opinion is how the Ruth's maps which allegedly possessed Bradford , were not Ruth's but Gonzalez . The irony is how about few months later from Bradford acquired the maps , Ruth and Bradford maybe met accidentally in the same region ( trying to decrypt the maps ) , possessing almost the same maps but from different sources .

Just my two drachmas .
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

Last edited by RMG1976 on Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.