Tumlinson Saga

Moderator: Jim_b

R.C.
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Here is what happened

Post by R.C. » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:17 pm

Such an irony .

Travis preps a site with a cache of both monetary and historic value and would focus a certain media attention on it ,were it beneficial to him. Preferably filming the trail of crumbs to the final reveal.
Then all these years later some one (Hey Ryan ,thank's for sharing your trails ,good catch on the cords)with media connections ferrets /fleshes out enough of the nuances to catch up with Travis's end game regarding certain things. Only to suggest there not being a forthcoming film. At least regarding certain stones. Yet they are part of the whole.

Lots of potential as a result for films since you first followed a curiosity.
Even if not Travis's tale,(sufficient in itself...)But in your "new" found desert .It's mysteries ,it's people,it's tough durability with at the same time; fragility with a stoicism.

The encroachment of "progress" through mining desires looming over the Supers.as mentioned by Lynda et all...Lot's of potential media fodder if approached right.
Still a source of humor for a relative in AZ. previously from my region , that copper chunks from here are presented on copper mining tours there. And the great pains to extract copper dust from such great volumes of earth...But that humor fades when appetite for mining looks towards historic trails.

Sure would have liked a peek in that 47 site's metal box when it was freshly placed!

RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:47 pm

R.C. wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:17 pm
Such an irony .

Travis preps a site with a cache of both monetary and historic value and would focus a certain media attention on it ,were it beneficial to him. Preferably filming the trail of crumbs to the final reveal.
Then all these years later some one (Hey Ryan ,thank's for sharing your trails ,good catch on the cords)with media connections ferrets /fleshes out enough of the nuances to catch up with Travis's end game regarding certain things. Only to suggest there not being a forthcoming film. At least regarding certain stones. Yet they are part of the whole.

Lots of potential as a result for films since you first followed a curiosity.
Even if not Travis's tale,(sufficient in itself...)But in your "new" found desert .It's mysteries ,it's people,it's tough durability with at the same time; fragility with a stoicism.

The encroachment of "progress" through mining desires looming over the Supers.as mentioned by Lynda et all...Lot's of potential media fodder if approached right.
Still a source of humor for a relative in AZ. previously from my region , that copper chunks from here are presented on copper mining tours there. And the great pains to extract copper dust from such great volumes of earth...But that humor fades when appetite for mining looks towards historic trails.

Sure would have liked a peek in that 47 site's metal box when it was freshly placed!
Hello R.C.

Thanks for such a complimentary post - that was very kind. We are definitely on the same page - and I look forward to being able to show you the reveal of the "trail maps" in my next installment.

Marius

Post by Marius » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:16 am

Hi Ryan

I see , you have not time to answer to my posts . Never mind , I can live with this .
Now about the metal detector " bips " at the " half circle " site . I possess a White's Spectrum XLT , and I know to handle it very well .

You wrote how you have heard " bips " for something big , and i thought how the guy who listened the sound via phone , knew is about something big ? There someone have to make different detecting to find out how large is the target . One and the most eficient is to keep the trigger pressed and to crisscross the ground at the point you have heard the sound . When the two lines on the screen ( the metal signal and the depth ) are at the same level , you are exactly above the target . If these lines are at the same level for a larger portion of ground , then you can " see " how large is the target and what shape has .
Now about the " bips " . All the high frequence sounds which the MD do ( if the Tone ID is not enabled ), are for all the non ferrous metals . The only way to distinguish the type of a non ferrous metal , is from the numbers in MD screen . If the Tone ID is enabled , then you will receive a different tone for every non ferrous metal . The MD can not be set to reacts only for gold or silver . On my MD i have the Tone ID enabled and I can distinguish the gold tone with my eyes closed .
Now some numbers to know how to distinguish the non ferrous metals on the MD screen :

Gold - between 15 and 25 but at 18 is for sure .
Aluminium or Al foil - between 20 and 30 . Some times is confused with gold .
Silver - between 70 and 80 but at 77 is for sure .
Bronze and copper - from 80 to 90 , but a bronze at 88 is for sure . Here if the tone has a large and rectangular dimension , could be a box which contains different and more precious metals .

So , the next time don't be so excited when the MD sounds , before see the numbers on the screen .

I am also glad you have decrypted the stone maps and gave us the meanings which so many years have waited for . For now we can sleep well and don't bother about those stone maps .

I wish you good luck in the future and I hope to relax us with new and interesting inputs .
Last edited by Marius on Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:20 am

Marius wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:16 am
Hi Ryan

I see , you have not time to answer to my posts . Never mind , I can live with this .
Now about the metal detector " bips " at the " half circle " site . I possess a White's Spectrum XLT , and I know to handle it very well .

You wrote how you have heard " bips " for something big , and i thought how the guy who listened the sound via phone , knew is about something big ? There someone have to make different detecting to find out how large is the target . One and the most eficient is to keep the trigger pressed and to crisscross the ground at the point you have heard the sound . When the two lines on the screen ( the metal signal and the depth ) are at the same level , you are exactly above the target . If these lines are at the same level for a larger portion of ground , then you can " see " how large is the target and what shape has .
Now about the " bips " . All the high frequence sounds which the MD do ( if the Tone ID is not enabled ), are for all the non ferrous metals . The only way to distinguish a non ferrous metal , is from the numbers in MD screen . If the Tone ID is enabled , then you will receive a different tone for every non ferrous metal . The MD can not be set to reacts only for gold or silver . On my MD i have the Tone ID enabled and I can distinguish the gold tone with my eyes closed .
Now some numbers to know how to distinguish the non ferrous metals on the MD screen :

Gold - between 15 and 25 but at 18 is for sure .
Aluminium or Al foil - between 20 and 30 . Some times is confused with gold .
Silver - between 70 and 80 but at 77 is for sure .
Bronze and copper - from 80 to 90 , but a bronze at 88 is for sure . Here if the tone has a large and rectangular dimension , could be a box which contains different and more precious metals .

So , the next time don't be so excited when the MD sounds , before see the numbers on the screen .

I am also glad you have decrypted the stone maps and gave us the meanings which so many years have waited for . For now we can sleep well and don't bother about those stone maps .

I wish you good luck in the future and I hope to relax us with new and interesting inputs .
Marius,

I am unsure what your question is? You didn't ask one in either post?

I do appreciate the instructional on how to use the metal detector in which you own, though!

-RG

Marius

Post by Marius » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:46 am

RMG1976 wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:20 am

Marius,

I do appreciate the instructional on how to use the metal detector in which you own, though!

-RG
Hi Ryan

I have not questions , only doubts .

RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:03 am

Marius wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:46 am
RMG1976 wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:20 am

Marius,

-RG
Hi Ryan

I have not questions , only doubts .
That is perfectly okay! No one is here to convince you - or anyone else - of anything! I do suggest waiting for all of the intstallments before coming to any conclusions, however. It was just about a week ago where it appeared that some folks were making the jump that I was going to say the 1847 Site was created during the time of the Jesuit expulsion - I do not think anyone could have predicted that the 1847 Site & the rocks Travis' carved were nothing more than props for a TV series.

I am going to attempt to get the entire story wrapped up today.

RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:50 am

Coming to the realization that the rocks that Travis carved were nothing more than a prop in his TV series was admittedly hard for me, even with all the evidence in hand. It’s hard to erase from one’s mind the initial introduction to the rocks – and the associated story started by Clarence Mitchell. It made me step back and put myself in Travis’ shoes. If I were he, would I have done the same thing?

Absolutely – I think all of us would. It made sense – perfect sense. After all, the intent behind treasure hunting – for the majority – is financially motivated. If you could find a legal way to take your findings, nearly double them in value – and have a receipt from the Gov’t in the process – that’s a win-win.

It was time to continue on the next set of rocks – “The Trail Stones”

The Horse / Priest stone was the key to understanding the collection. This was mentioned in Travis’ writings, hence me starting with that rock first. In my opinion, there was a big difference between the H/P rock and the trail rocks though. The H/P rock is based on pictograms; the trail stones are based on a trail. They looked like two different people designed them, I also remembered reading this on the forums.

“Are these rocks talking about the same place?”

“Do the trail stones pick up where the H/P stone left off?”

“Why is the artistic expression different between the H/P rock and the trail stones?”

“Are there more coordinates on the trail stones?”

I wanted to study the difference in between the museum stones and the first set Travis’ carved. I could pick out quite a few “artistic differences” – things such as squiggly lines being in different places – the shape of the horse being different – The priest was different - the color & shape was different – but did all of that truly matter? The answer – for me – was no.

The only thing it proved to me was that the stones in the museam never touched Travis’ hand. The museum stones were an “ultra-perfected” copy of Travis’ work and not withstanding a few basic additions and deductions, the pertinent information was still the same.

Here is the solve to the trail stones:

ImageJS1 by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr

ImageJS2 by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr

ImageJS3 by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr

Here is a video of me attempting to go check the site out, this was shot roughly 2 years ago:

Obviously, this was very discouraging for us. Breaking onto prison land was not an option – we all concluded we would more than likely be intercepted or shot before ever getting to the site – and breaking laws was and still is never part of our plan.

I went back to Texas and continued to fill in the production company and Discovery Channel on my finds and research.

Getting a treasure series on TV proved to be very difficult and required a lot of hoops to jump through – even with the support of the SoJ. There was so many failed treasure shows on the various networks – and not only that – a failed series in the same mountain range we were in.

Ultimately the CEO of Discovery requested that we provide him with the results of a ground penetrating radar scan. He wanted “proof” before he would allow his company to invest in our series. A metal detector scan wasn’t enough, and understandably so. We obliged and found a ground penetrating radar company with sufficient credentials, as requested. Within 48 hours, I was out at the 1847 site with this GPR company. Taking someone – a stranger – out to the 1847 site was very difficult. The site was extremely important to us – for obvious reasons. We were pushed in a corner – and in an effort to tell Travis’ story – as well as the story of the SoJ / Barn Map / Ground Map – we conceded.

A subsection of the results of the GPR are here

ImageEditedReport by RYAN GORDON, on Flickr

As I’m sure all of you can imagine, having this reinforcement was epic. We already knew that Travis’ had left his “treasure” there – but having a 3rd party company verify it was fantastic.

The next step was getting all of the permits in place for this excavation at The Half Circle. We found a fantastic law firm to represent us in getting the permits necessary for this – as well as alerting Resolution Copper to our plans.

The 1847 Site is a part of the land “granted” to Resolution Copper – and would become their “Tailings Storage Facility”. To think that Resolution Copper would be burying Travis’ movie set was a huge bummer – the race was on.

For this next part - I am going to be intentionally vague.

For part of the permitting process, the lawyer told us that we would need to submit the entire scan of the area, not just the scan of the area with the buried box. No problem! So I called the GPR company, asked to speak to the guy who did the scan for us. I was told he no longer worked for the company, in fact, he had quit his job the very next day after doing the scan for us.

Not only that – he had formatted his work computer and left it in his work truck which was abandoned back on company property. On that computer were all the scans he had ever done for the company.

I was furious & scared at the same exact moment. When I told the family this news – the saying “Sh!t hit the fan” wouldn’t even begin to describe things.

I told the GPR company how terrifying this was for us. In an effort to smooth things over, they offered to come back out and do the scan for us again at no charge, so that we could get our permit. It would be roughly a week before they could do it though.

Sleeping for the next week proved to be very difficult. We all hoped that our worst fears would not become a reality.

A few days before the “re-scan”, I was informed by the GPR company that they would be flying out two of their top executives to do the scan for me. This was very curious, why would they do such a thing? Why couldn’t someone from the Phoenix market do it?

I emailed them a link to a YouTube video that I had shot of hmm…let’s make up a name and call him ‘Blake’ - doing the scan, as well as the results of the scan in video format. They agreed with his findings.

I met up with these 2 executives in Gold Canyon – they loaded their equipment into my Land Rover (you need a high clearance 4x4 to get back to the 1847 site area) – and for the entire car ride out there, I was grilling them on what had happened to ‘Blake’.

I was told that he was going through a divorce – was having a hard time – and they felt disappointed that he had quit. They raved about how good he was with the equipment and how he had exceled quickly within their company.

When we got to the 1847 Site – they turned on their equipment and started their scan. They were silent the entire time – but my eyes were locked on their faces – looking for some hint of what was going on.

They asked to see the video of ‘Blake’ again – I showed them ( it was originally recorded on my iPhone ). They scanned again…..and again…and again.

Then they pulled out an iPhone – and were studying something on it. I asked to see what they were looking at. It was pictures of The Half Circle. I really freaked out now. I told ‘Blake’ that he was not allowed to take any photos of the site – and I knew with 100% certainty that he didn’t. In fact, our entire time together was on camera. For him to have these pictures of the site was impossible. I asked to see the time stamp on the photos he took…..they were taken roughly 4 hours after I had dropped ‘Blake’ off. He had returned to the site….and used his work iPhone to take photos. He – like most criminals – made a massive mistake – and that mistake would answer any further questions I had.

Ultimately they told me there was nothing there. I will let your imagination pick up with how the rest of the conversation went.

Again – being very discreet about all of this – we launched an investigation into ‘Blake’ to find out that he was buying VERY expensive things - things that he couldn’t afford. He had also moved out of state.

I talked with the law firm that was assisting in getting the permit for us – told them what had happened – and they were equally as appalled. They suggested I contact the authorities…in which I did, that same day.

I set up a meeting with the top ranking folks at Tonto National Forest – and told them what had happened. I showed them the video of ‘Blake” – I told them the story of what had happened with the top 2 top executives as well.

They went out to the site on their own – and then emailed me their findings. The summary of the email was that they indeed could verify that an excavation had taken place – but were could not further investigate based on 2 things:

1) They were unable to find anything of value or antiquity on the surface of the ground.
2) The Archeological Resources Protection Act wouldn’t allow them to pursue any kind of charges, because the site was not “Archeological” in nature.

I had planned to post the exact letter I received from the Forest Service, but as I look at the email again today, there is a footer that says that I cannot disclose official documents to anyone other than the intended receipient. I am not willing to take any chances.

We lost….

The loot that was stolen by bandits….which Travis found….reburied…was later stolen again. The irony was astounding.

The morale of everyone involved at this point was at an all time low. Picking up the pieces wasn’t interesting to any of us. The show died and so did a part of each of us.

I, as well as many other family members, wanted ‘Blake” to pay for what he had done. I contacted many different law firms about pressing charges against him – but the cost in doing so was tremendous. Perhaps in the future, when money is a bit more solid for me – I will pick this up again (hence my discreetness in telling this aspect of the story)

Moving forward, the family and I will continue our search for the other sites on the Ground Map and Barn Map. Our excitement has, understandably, sunk. We have massive trust issues for anyone not immediately involved in the story, for obvious reasons.

So….that is our story.

The Rocks are movie props and Travis did a damn good job at putting his “movie set” together. Same may say “Karma is a bitch” – and I – in good conscience – couldn’t disagree.

What’s most important is the relationships that were developed during this time period. I now have 2 “new families” that will always be a part of my life and a trusted confidant / and “grandmother” in Lynda.

I am happy that I was able to put the stone map mystery to an end. It took a lot of time – a lot of money – and a helluva lot of studying and thinking outside the box….but I did it.

As always – and mentioned frequently – you each should make your own decesiions based on the evidence I have provided.

I am now open to any questions you may have. Again – anything from the storage unit cannot be posted – that side of the family wants to keep that information as family heirlooms. The Ground Map and The Barn Map are still in play – but as soon as they are not, I will post them as well….in the same way that I have posted the solve the “Peralta Stone Maps”.

With respect,

-Ryan Gordon

nobody

Post by nobody » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:39 am

I always say TRUST NO ONE.

Carrol

Post by Carrol » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:57 am

Thanks Ryan,
It's kind of what happened to my dad....Try to do things the right way (lawfully) & it gets shoved right up your Arse!!!

R.C.

Post by R.C. » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:20 pm

New show idea.
Guy looking over his shoulder on the run after undermining a treasure hunt gets cornered eventually and not returning the treasure ,gets his his butt whupped before he is returned to the desert.
End scene is partially exposed bones bleaching in the desert.

Or ,he gets whacked after confirming a target existed on 47 site following the original script's following Travis's trail.. Same end scene.