GENERAL DISCUSSION - Anything related to the LDM

Moderator: Jim_b

Jim Hatt

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Anything related to the LDM

Post by Jim Hatt »

I apologize for continuously hammering on you about the importance of doing your own homework Bob, but if you do not develop the habit of doing it now, you never will. If you always look to me for answers to your questions, you will never have anything of your own to contribute to the conversations, or have an opportunity to correct me when I'm wrong. :D

Jim Hatt

Re: DOCUMENTARY - The Lost Dutchman Mine ~ Behind The Scenes ~

Post by Jim Hatt »

There are still a lot of places where you can't get it Greg. I am in one of them. I am in the mountains a long way from town, and my phone lines are the old kind... Bare wires on glass insulators. I'm lucky I can even get online with a dial-up connection. Even then, if the wind blows hard, or it rains, or a bird lands on the wire :lol: I lose my connection.

For the first 2 years I was here I was on a party line. Yes, they do still exist today in remote areas. It took me two years of complaining just to get a private line, so I wouldn't have to wait until after everyone else went to bed before I could get online.

Qwest tells me that someday they will install new equipment, and lines to my area and DSL will be available to me. I'm not holding my breath.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

This photo was originally posted to the THE STORY OF THE STONE CROSSES & WHERE IS MICHAEL BILBREY??? Forum by Zen. Since it had no relation to the subject of that discussion it was moved here to the GENERAL DISCUSSION.
Please direct any questions or comments about the photo to ZEN
Jim

cactusjack
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by cactusjack »

Hello all. My name is Phil you can call me that or cj, I will anser to either one.
I got tired of all the fighting on the other sites about the Dutchman and had just about given up on finding a civil one.I am glad to find this one, it looks to be managed the way I feel a site should be. I hope it dosent change as time goes by. Zen. I know about half the people in your picture. but not all of them. Could you tell me who they all are? What kind of gathering was this to get so many of them together?

Keep up the good work webmaster.

cj
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Hello Phil and welcome to the Forum,

I can't guarantee you that you will always find what you're looking for here in the way of information. But as long as I have anything to say about it, you will never see any arguing, childish behavior or personal attacks on anyone here. Our #1 goal is to maintain an atmosphere that is comfortable, and pleasant for everyone that visits the site. There are a number of different people involved with achieving that goal, and what one of us misses, one of the others are sure to catch.

Hope you enjoy yourself here,

Jim
djui5

Post by djui5 »

cactusjack wrote:Could you tell me who they all are? What kind of gathering was this to get so many of them together?
cj

cj,
This picture was taken at last years Lost Dutchman Rendezvous. Left to Right are Bob Corbin, Zen, Joe Ribado, Clay Worst, don't recall, Greg Davis of the Superstition Mountain Historical Society, Paul aka clubfan, Matthew Roberts, don't recall, leaving name out for privacy reasons, and Roger aka Roger on the forums.

Not sure where I was when this was taken. I think I had to work that Saturday.
Zen

Post by Zen »

That was the Saturday lunch crowd at last years rendezvous minus my dog Jake. Greg Davis had just got back in with most of the crowd from hiking over to Chuck Crawfords mine in Barks canyon.

Most of that morning was just Clay, Joe and me hanging out in the shade.

I think Jack Carlson was over with Howard at the Quarter Circle U and Jesse and Randy took off the night before after the campfire.

Got no clue where Jack San Felice vanished to?
Zen

Post by Zen »

This is from the Friday afternoon crowd at the Quarter Circle U at the 2007 Rendezvous:

Left to Right
Nancy and Ken McCullough(Bill Barkleys daughter and Tex's grand daughter), Jesse Feldman, Matthew Roberts, Jack Carlson in Back row, Wayne Samples (Kneeling) wife and grandson, Larry, Greg Davis, Wendell, Rowe Gilbert and wife, Thomas Glover in the back, Randy, Roger, Caroline and Paul.

I am behind the camera on this one. The Backus family and Howard Hornick are working the cattle to everyones left(They just had a shipment come in). Ron and Josh Feldman and Jack San Felice rolled in just after this for the campfire. About 1/2 the folks stayed back in camp. It was a pretty big Friday night campfire crowd that year with Jack San Felice having the floor that night.
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

In the first photo from last year's Rendezvous, the 3rd fellow from the right is Dan Zacha (Thanks to Jim Hatt for reminding me of his name). From what Jim said, he is Thomas Glover's nephew.

The 5th gentleman from the left was a fairly quiet person and I may be wrong, but I thought his name may be Steve - just can't recall.

Randy, you were indeed working that day unfortunately. Hopefully your work and home schedule will allow you to visit for longer this fall!
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Cubfan,

To be more precise, I think Dan told me he was Tom Glover's Nephew by Marriage. If I remember correctly, Tom is Dan's step Mother's brother.

Jim