Re: CIBOLA ZUNI TRIP - silent hunter

Moderator: Jim_b

silent hunter
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: cibola / zuni indians

Post by silent hunter »

Take a look at this man made mound.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

This a good example of what isnt made by mother nature. Carefully look at the photo and notice the construction of this mound. Jim there is a mound like this close to your area!!!! Have you seen it. Its a beautiful work Can you see the calcium carbonate welding the boulders togather.Look at the corner suport!!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Those who are new. This is a continuation of an existing thread from:

http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1717

I will continue with this thread on the week of the 15th of march with the beginning of the new moon. I will move some of the original thread over to this section of the forum.

Again Jim thanx so much for the space.
oroblanco

Post by oroblanco »

Those are pretty cool, I wonder how old they are?
Roy
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

silent hunter wrote: Jim there is a mound like this close to your area!!!! Have you seen it.
I don't think I have SH. I have been all over this country on horseback, and I know where there are some old remains of stone cabins, but no mounds, and certainly nothing that big.

Is it something you saw from the air while flying over, or did you get up close to it on the ground?

Jim
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

I began searching for lost or just left behind things at a young age. I had explored around my house from nearly birth, digging holes all around my house and finding treasure left behind by the builders and digging underground forts.

My first trip to the desert I took I can still remember. I was ten and with a big red wagon that I had built a shell over so I could have lunch and knap in the shade. I headed miles into the west desert Utah in search of what I was not sure, but kept my eyes open for that what. I had come across some weather balloons that had a weather device inside it. They used to put these balloons up into the sky to check wind currents before they did their testing. Up until the recent years I kept that as a token to my abilities.

I grew up all my younger life on a military base and went to military school. By the time I was 13, I had seen many strange things. I had by that age become quite the Indiana Jones. I had found the lost city of the Goshute Indians high in the Wendover mountain range that same year. The city was still intact, the remains of their city was just like it was left the day the U.S. army had drove them north from their reservation to the location it is now.

I first came across the barefoot trail one night out in the Arizona desert, I had went looking for arrow heads (back when if someone left something behind it was finders keepers) when I had came across the zig zag canyon. I have always just walked straight to lost places it is a luck that I was born with. If I am in the area I am going to just find what is there! And time and time again that’s my luck. So from birth I had already a thousand years of treasure hunting under my belt or so I claim!! Like a lot of treasure hunter have said. I am sure I have walked this trail many times before. Are we just reborn searching for what was ours in other life’s or are we just welcome by those who have gave there life’s to the hunt for treasure. My search for the lost barefoot trail could have only taken place this way. It was my years of seeing what was not natural that lead me into that desert and to the” zig zag canyon”.

When I found the” zig zag canyon”. There was no way in. The walls were shear and they had just begun like the earth at a point had just torn itself in two. There was no other place like that for hundreds of miles. The canyon held you in and you were there for the duration. I could see from the side of the crack a lot of writings. And it was these writings, that I found that was actually a map that told the story of the Zuni Indians path from Zuni to a secret location were the young zuni men as well as the women hid from the Spanish or Coronado. It was almost impossible to find. It was only that luck I had talked about earlier that led me to the map. For the next year I studied the map I then began to put together other stories of lost springs, lost gold and a river of treasure. They were all there on those walls all the myths were written out in front of me. I had at least found the place were the Zuni hid there women and young men while the Spanish took over there village, but now I had to find the treasure from the map.

I found out that the Zuni would take a trip from the reservation to these twin peaks every four years. I had heard that there was much gold, pottery and old head dresses to be found if anyone could find the place they ended the trail. They took this trip in bare feet 80 miles through the badlands. And at this ( zig zag) canyon is where I would start my own journey and would wait for them to pass by on their way to the Zuni heaven, There was another part of the map that didn’t make any sense till I made it to the Zuni heaven. There i would find the final map. The map of a trail down salt river across four peeks area and then into our own back yard the Superstition mountains near Apache junction Arizona.

This story is for everyone who has a hart that is restless for adventure. The city of St. Johns was adventure itself. It had been the location of a town called little Salem and was located near witches well and the Little Colorado river. You couldn’t dig without hitting into a city of times lost. For reasons unknown still to this day. The young children and women of those villages were killed and left behind in burned out dwellings. I had come to St.Johns to further my education, and had the opportunity to work with a archeologist while in the area. It was while working with him that I had seen so many lost villages and was told tales the likes of the lost Adams diggings, Jacobs well and the city of Cibola among many others. I myself had seen at least 100 different villages in that area all the same women and children killed and the village burnt. So having given a bit of my history. I begin the story of the bare foot path.
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

This is the spot that i first caught sight of the Zuni on there way to Kolhu / wala:wa.

silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

This was the first stop in the canyon. The Zuni had placed food and rolled tobacco on the flat rock. It was the size of a small car. Drawings around that location told me the stone, was a alter. I spent a few hours exploring the area and had found four tunnels dug into cracks that seemed to be placed at the four points on the compass. The tunnels were full of writings. It seemed there wasn’t an inch of space left behind inside the tunnels. The Indians had broke away entrances into other sections that formed a maze, I had myself become disorientated and found myself looking for my own foot prints to back out. I had finally found my way out and started following the Indians foot prints again.

silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

I'm including this photograph so that you can first understand what I was following and well who, I was following. The Zuni were dressed just like this,when they had passed by me. I didnt expect to see that!! That first sight stuck with me all the way down that trail.

The first day I had hiked about four miles and had came to a narrowing of the canyon, it was getting dark so I found a tunnel that had a shelf built into the wall so I set up for the night. I spent hours looking through the writings on the walls. They were maps that connected this canyon with other smaller canyons and told where to get out and where to find water. There were even drawings of what animals could easily be found in that area. I was beginning to see that alot of people were living here as well the other canyons. It was the perfect place, the army could march one thousand men through the brush, if you were twenty feet away you would miss it!! As far as I know I'm the only white man who has seen any of these writings. That is how hidden this place is, there would be no reason to look for this canyon at its location, it wouldn't be able to exsist. Only the wise mother could provide such a protected home, those tunnels they made were neither hot or cold with no direct sunlight, but the father provided light all day.

Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

silent hunter wrote: The Zuni were dressed just like this,when they had passed by me.
You lost me here silent hunter. Are you saying you saw live Zuni's in the canyon when you were there?

Jim