Re: CIBOLA ZUNI TRIP - silent hunter

Moderator: Jim_b

rede2rock
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by rede2rock »

SH I envy not being with you on this great adventure. This is my first post on dusa and have to tell you all that you have rekindled the detective side of me. With regard to the picture
I still look at this one every week
I had some thoughts. Is it possible that from the lower trail at the base of the mtn/hill. you can see a marked point past to a marked point on the mnt/hill. Along this line pointing a way to the entrance? The entrance being on the far side of the caverns. And what appears to be an animal shape is actually an abliteration of the real trail into the caverns. I say this for two reasons. The drawing appears to be done by several artists, because of line type and crudeness. Also the animal seems to have to many appendages ( not all in the right places) and not correct shape even for a lined drawing.
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Very interesting!! That is possible very possible. What part of the world do you live in? I have been gearing up for a trip into the badlands again soon. I just got back from there this weekend. I found what I was looking for and now I need to go find the cave!
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Hi Kurt:
When you find the cave,be sure to look for the `silent coyote`over the entrance.

Regards:Wayne
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Looks something like this.

silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

SH thanks! How is the hunt going for you?
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

It has become less the hunt and more a journey my friend.
Best:Wayne
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Yes Wayne. We all have been brought here for a reason!! There is no doubt it is a spiritual journey!! I consider you a brother in love of the journey.

Best Wishes
Kurt Painter
rede2rock

Post by rede2rock »

Kurt

Like I told Jim I am stuck in Florida until this fall earlyiest. Would love to accompany you on a wonderful quest like this. But you will no doubt have found the cave by then. Can easily imagine the exaltation and extreme reverence you will feel upon entering it. Good luck friend and may all the spirits smile upon you.

Thom
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

rede2rock when you plan on leaving for arizona let me know and we will hit some trail!! I have alot of rods in the fire,I am sure we can find something we can brand as ours.

Best Wishes
Kurt Painter
rede2rock

Post by rede2rock »

Kurt
I know very little of the Zuni but I would guess that Faith, Time, Patience and Perserverance are some of the important cornerstones of their religious belief. Faith to guide the journey, Time to set the trail, Patience to see us through the tough times and Perserverance to drive us forward into the unknown. Perserverance is equal to Faith in that without it we would all be just standing by the side of the trail waiting. As is the fate of most men, But not US for we lead the way, we are the trailblazers, we are the few. We the treasure hunters, we each have a different idea of what treasure is, to some it is a beautiful flower, others look on a horned toad as a thing of immense wonder. Still others view gold as the prize but for some of us it is simply the awe and magnitude of all which surrounds us. And the divine reverence for all those things.These are also some of the beliefs I have used to keep my head up when my journey has become so besieged and incredibly difficult. So too will we prevail and the sun will shine gloriously down on our endeavors. Just like the Zuni trail we have each encountered many difficulties, but we have seen some glorious things as well. By keeping those glorious things in the back of our mind crowding out the difficullties. By using this as a base for the more important task of focusing on what lays ahead of us we CAN and WILL succeed in our quests, what ever they are at the time.

Thom