Re: CIBOLA ZUNI TRIP - silent hunter

Moderator: Jim_b

silent hunter
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by silent hunter »

Image These are all from the trail close to the spring.
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Image This was the only spot were I found hands
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

I had settled in a begun to get comfortable and had just dosed off when I was woke by the screaming voices. The Zuni had run through my camp one at a time and were yelling at me in Zuni. They were scaring the hell out of me!!!! Again I had taken position to defend myself. No sooner than it started it stopped and I stood there trembling with fear. Waiting for what ever would come next.

Then a voice called out and said” Dog who drinks salt water I ask that I be allowed to visit with you at your fire”. I still hid from the voice until an old man appeared in front of me, fire between us and said to me. For thirteen hundred years we have made this journey and have waited for you to come. We gave you the feathers to give you courage to remain with us and to keep you on the rite path.

I set that night and listened to his history. I wish there was time to tell the story’. If anyone would like to they could find the tales on the internet. He told me a story about the spring. How it was the home of a beautiful maiden who lived in the village were I had set up camp. The story was called the serpent of the sea (Kolowissi) is the name of the serpent. He spoke of the canyon and of the lake of salt. Never did he question me and never did I speak, I just set there humble and listened to his story. After a few hours he got up and excused himself from my presence. Before he left I had asked him why he called me a dog.

He then told me that the first time they saw me I was running from fear and the whirling wind and they were tricksters who were chasing me too my death, but the great spirit had sent me to discover and protected me along the way. The old man said that he had looked into the storm and saw a dog drinking from the lake of the dead and saw me standing along side of the dog. I then bent over and took the shape of a dog as I drank from the sacred lake. He also saw spirits talking to me but could not here them. Remember when I said before that the Zuni had told me I was being tricked and to leave listening springs (the lake of the dead) that Mato was only trying to kill me.

The old Zuni then departed into the darkness and again I was alone. I could not find any peace that night I felt a thousand years old that night and have remained with that feeling to this day.
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

The next mourning I woke and thought about what had happened the night before. Some things that happened on that trail I am not sure if they were true or dream!!! But this map was found at the location of the spring.
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

The maps above. I found at the spring. I never found the Zuni again after that night, but used the map to follow Zuni river to the Stinking Spring Mountains.

At these two sister mountains hidden in the thickest country on earth high up in the womb is were this photo is taken.

silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

On the north mountain you will see a round circle of dots. That ended up being a huge alter,like a big theater with a alter in the middle and circular rows one higher than the next. The south mountain is the womb or "Zuni Cave".
LoneStar

Post by LoneStar »

SH - thank you ever so much for your sharing!
It must have been alltogether a wonderful experience - and it smart not to reveal too much (map/photo-wise)

I believe I have to echo Oroblanco (I just hope he doesn't have a copyright on it!!):
"May you find the treasures you seek"

The best of luck to you!
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Thanks for reading the thread Lonestar. I try to protect the areas I have found,so that vandles and thiefs cant follow my story.

Kurt P P.S look at the second line at the page true stories chasing the legend as far as your question about copyright
oroblanco

Post by oroblanco »

LoneStar wrote
I believe I have to echo Oroblanco (I just hope he doesn't have a copyright on it!!):
:lol: :lol: :lol:

No copyright - heck I don't know about you guys but I get almost as big a kick out of it when someone else finds a treasure, as if I found it myself. (Not quite of course!)
Oroblanco