Re: CIBOLA ZUNI TRIP - silent hunter

Moderator: Jim_b

cubfan64
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by cubfan64 »

somehiker wrote:Will do,Kurt.
We can go in for a better look at that thing and check out what else might be there.
Send me your E-Mail address and I will let you know when.
I still want to discuss the Hopi stones,once I get my research desktop's power source replaced.
I've got lots of good photos and stuff on it's two hard drives that I want to be able to access soon.
I think that Paul is still waiting for some pics as well. :oops:

Regards:Wayne
Hehe - that I am :)

By the way Wayne, while my wife and I are there in October, she offered to let me have a "free day" to head out exploring/hiking with you or whoever is up for it. Not sure you'll be there during that time frame (Oct. 21-30), but if you are, I'd be happy to join you guys too.
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Hi Paul:
Without a doubt.Three's a good crowd out there.Would love to make it four,if we could drag Jim away from his dusty old mines and stuff for a bit.I will E-mail you and Kurt a when and where if I can make it during that time frame.I should be clear.We have been asked to submit a design/engineer/manufacture proposal for a new gen APC for the US Army,but that is due Oct.1 and it's mostly being handled by sales and engineering at this point.I don't expect to be directly involved until the proposal has been accepted and the paperwork signed.That part of the process will take some time...it took almost two years from proposal to 1st delivery for our Army 20k and about the same for our Navy 32k telehandlers.We had heard some time ago that one of the 20's was involved in an IED incident.Damage was described as insignificant.Someone in sales has photos,apparently.I'll see if I can get one to post.

Regards:Wayne
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Hey Paul give my MD Email to Wayne. Paul I would sure like to hike with you when you come down. My wife is doing alot better now with her leg, my honey do list is getting closer to an end. I bet we can get Jim to go with us

Best Wishes
Kurt Painter
looney21

Post by looney21 »

SILENT HUNTER- Me and you have been on many awesome adventures together but this story makes me wish so badly i was around for this adventure. It is so interesting and had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Hopefully one day me and you can make this journey together. I would love to share this experience with you. We shall make it out there soon hopefully. Until then happy hunting brother!!

Double-Jack
-Looney-
fred cortez

Post by fred cortez »

That story was absolutely amazing and enthralling, I am a new member but have been reading the forums for a couple years now. I would so love to go on a hike with silent hunter to this area but don't know where or even how to start to do so. I have not been able to get anything done at work today because I took the time to read all the stories in this thread all thirteen pages and just could not stop reading it. wonderful story..... Thanks ..!! Are you still visiting this area..??
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Fred the area is a life work of mine. Jim Hatt asked me at the time not to include the true end of the trail. I agreed. Jim is not with us no longer and I have started working on the end photos to include because things get very strange and have been with me all my days since the find...
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Fred the area is a life work of mine. Jim Hatt asked me at the time not to include the true end of the trail. I agreed. Jim is not with us no longer and I have started working on the end photos to include because things get very strange and have been with me all my days since the find...
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

That was always a really interesting story Kurt - you and I have had our differences, but that story kicking off your entry on DUSA and piqued my interest at the time as well. Looking forward to hearing the ending sometime
tjoslin53

Post by tjoslin53 »

Silent Hunter, I have posted a few questions for you but I have yet to hear back. At first I thought that you had left the site as you stated in your almost dying in the desert post. It seems though that you merely respond to only things that you are not called out on. I am still waiting to hear back on my original questions (your book and the luxury house cave)!
Dirt1955

Post by Dirt1955 »

Silent Hunter. You strike me as an honorable man. You have shared with those who care to listen your quest. Honor the ancients. Observe in silence. Share your thoughts. Keep your secrets. We will all be better for it.