Kollenborn Chronicles Discussions

Moderator: Jim_b

Sandman

Kollenborn Chronicles Discussions

Post by Sandman »

Somebody stole it! There's a big cash reward posted for information leading to the arrrest and conviction of the perpetrator of this dastardly deed.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/PE_ ... f87a6.html

Moderator Note: Due to the fact that there are two parallel topics on the Mojave Cross (and this one has drifted off the topic) I am renaming this one (Kollenborn Chronicles Discussions) and moving it into the Prospecting and treasure Hunting forum.

In addition, posts from this thread related to the Mojave Cross discussion have also been moved to the following thread below

The ongoing Mojave Cross discussion can be found at:
http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1913
silent hunter
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Mojave Cross gets ripped off!

Post by silent hunter »

There are always those people who try to take from us what we have searched so hard to find and make sense of. Lets have a discusion pertaining to them who do this and invite them into a forum to discuss there true opinions. I would love to be able to ask people who write for news papers were they come up with what they write. Jim is this possible to bring these people on here and have them answer any questions about what they have already wrote. Do any of you have any problems with doing this? I see Tom K. posting here and I always read his weekly stories in the AJ News. They sometimes reflect the stories posted on other web sites and this site, but always reflect his believes. I would like to inject some difference of opinion. Then read your response to that. Just asking column writers to respond?????? Are you up for a open discusion about lets say the stone maps!!!!!
Last edited by silent hunter on Thu May 13, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Tom k I was sure you would come on here and explain to us what you wrote in the last three AJ papers. I remember waiting for the small paper to end up in my hands. I would wait with the door open in the hot summer months.

I can still here my mom yelling!!"SHUT THAT DOOR YOUR COOLING OFF ARIZONA" Tom I belived every word you wrote in those colums. When I was gone for a few years my mom would collect up all the papers and cut out the kollonborn cronicles and send them to me at school. Again I couldn't wait to get them in hand and set my eyes upon these amazing words.

Now i read that we are all fools and there is no treasure to be found in the superstition wilderness area>>>>.........??? And that we all must be on drugs maybe even LSD. Are you afraid to address your short truths, if what you wrote is true, 'we are all fools and on drugs" then its because of you that i have wasted my lifetime in search of your phantasy.
LDMGOLD

Post by LDMGOLD »

Silent Hunter:

Over the past four or five decades many families have lost everything as a result of unscrupulous promoter of the Peralta Stone Maps and other stories about lost treasure. I don't think anywhere in that article I deny the existence of the stone maps, however it does questioned the creditability of them. All I am saying if they are authentic why happen they been confiscated by the government or the State of Arizona. All of us care about the natural and human resources found in the deserts of the Southwest. Your story about the Zuni was extremely interesting and there is absolutely no reason to question it.

Also, like yourself and Jim, you have the right to your opinion and so do I. After all this is a free country and I don't try to censor other peoples work. After all there are thousands of wonderful stories out there, however does that mean you believe every last one of them.

If all you believe in "Bill of Rights" or the Constitution of the United States we have the freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom to assemble, freedom of religion and a few others. I believe like many other I served this country in a period of need and I earned these rights. My father served during World War I and stood on the battle field at Muese-Arragone November 11, 1918. Enough is said about this issue........

Tom Kollenborn
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Tom K. Thank you for your response. Alot of people have lost there fortune painting buildings and have gone broke rebuilding dreams. That doesn't mean there was no profit in painting or auto repair. It just means that they lost!!!! You are stealing dreams away from dreamers when you say what you have said!!! Its has been said that although the body becomes unable, the mind can stay as restless as ever. I only write to share my photos and story for those who have become unable and still feel restless for the adventure. What i wrote ill always write again. I guess that is what made me ask you to respond. Your last few storys have been likened to "a sail boat with no wind, rain as it runs across sand and the sun on your face"!!!!!

Kurt P
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

My father also served us and my brother lost his life fighting for us. I respect you as a person. I just hate the fact that after all the years you have invested in the search, that you would somehow try to discredit that right for someone else. Are you saying that you are feeling bad about all the people you mislead over the years and are somehow trying to make up for that??

Kurt P.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

LDMGOLD wrote: Over the past four or five decades many families have lost everything as a result of unscrupulous promoter of the Peralta Stone Maps
Tom,

As you know, I have been heavily involved in researching the history of the stone maps for the better part of the last two decades. During that time, I have never come across any stories about any promoter using them in any scam in which any families have lost everything as a result of such scams. It would be prudent to provide references to these stories when presenting them as supporting evidence for your beliefs.
LDMGOLD wrote:All I am saying if they are authentic why happen they been confiscated by the government or the State of Arizona.
The simple answer is... They were confiscated, and taken away from their rightful owner (via a plea bargain) and placed under the protection and care of the Flagg Foundation.
LDMGOLD wrote:Also, like yourself and Jim, you have the right to your opinion and so do I. After all this is a free country and I don't try to censor other peoples work.

Nobody is trying to censor your work Tom. We are only challenging the credibility of it.

Jim Hatt
silent hunter

Re: Kollenborn Chronicles Discussions

Post by silent hunter »

Tom k Would it be alright if I post your COPYRIGHTED article about the stone maps and cross on here so that everyone can read it. That way everyone can follow the discusion better???? Not everyone knows what we are talking about. Maybe you could post it. Again im not trying to throw mud in your face.

Kurt P
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

I was able to google it by looking for Tom Kollenborn.
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Terry its easy to find for me and you!!! But its hard to have a discussion in a open forum about a topic that has risen from the middle. Everyone has a right to at least read the COPYRIGHED story that Tom K. wrote pertaining to the stone cross and maps. Otherwise everyone will just be on one side or the other and nothing good will come of it!!!! I was asking Tom a real question. Not trashing his views just for the sake of it!!!! Tom could you post that article on the maps????