Peralta/Fish Map

Moderator: Jim_b

somehiker
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Peralta/Fish Map

Post by somehiker »

This was translated for me as " a place of work in a gorge named Rojas or Roxas".
If this map came from the Peraltas,then it was given to them by someone else who could not work the mines or placers that are shown on it,IMHO.

Regards: Wayne.
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Some Hiker That looks like another copy of the same map!! I found that same map close to cibicue on a outcrop. I wish I could show you the whole map. Like I said before you can see bits of it on the Zuni thread. I found this man made mound. I first thought that it hid the main shaft. It acually is a tailing pile from the two open pit mines i found close to the salt river. I dug down and panned the dirt with great results. I am in the process of making a claim. When the claim is complete I will download all the photos.

Best Wishes
Kurt Painter
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

silent hunter wrote:Some Hiker That looks like another copy of the same map!! I found that same map close to cibicue on a outcrop. I wish I could show you the whole map. Like I said before you can see bits of it on the Zuni thread. I found this man made mound. I first thought that it hid the main shaft. It acually is a tailing pile from the two open pit mines i found close to the salt river. I dug down and panned the dirt with great results. I am in the process of making a claim. When the claim is complete I will download all the photos.

Best Wishes
Kurt Painter
Kurt,

I think what SH highlighted above was a tiny section of the Fish map from earlier in the thread "blown up."

Great job on locating your find Kurt!! I'm finding myself more and more intrigued by the entire area between the Apache Trail (hwy 88) north to the Salt River and from Canyon Lake to Apache Lake - maybe even venturing further west to north of the Goldfield Mountains.

Paul
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

I'm looking forward to the photos,Kurt.It sounds like you have found a place that fits the depiction on the map well.I have long felt that that particular map is genuine and probably has both an interesting history, and more recently a peripheral connection to all of the the Stone Maps.The section that I enlarged and posted is from Jim's photo.I used it,rather than one of the other paper copies,because it shows the script and original words and spelling.There is only one paper copy that is near identical in this way,but of course the script is second hand.Jim's copy is far more legible than my own photograph of the map in the museum as well.

Regards:Wayne
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

I had spent the most of my time on the other side of 88. I was looking for another map.that is what brought me into the supes!! Untill just a few weeks ago,I was going threw some morman drawings and photos I found out why the map could not be found. They blew the mountain down for material for the roadway to the dam. Lol

Best Wishes
Kurt Painter
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

silent hunter wrote:I had spent the most of my time on the other side of 88. I was looking for another map.that is what brought me into the supes!! Untill just a few weeks ago,I was going threw some morman drawings and photos I found out why the map could not be found. They blew the mountain down for material for the roadway to the dam. Lol

Best Wishes
Kurt Painter
Are you able to post any of those photos and drawings Kurt? I have something I'm going to send to you tonight - most of it seems to be historically inaccurate, but there's one part that might interest you.
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Paul The photos maybe the missing link! I will not post them! every hunter in the world will be over the area. Lets talk off this site.
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

Sounds good - I'll e-mail you tonight with the information I wanted to share with you
rede2rock

Post by rede2rock »

Good Morning Silent Hunter:

Sorry for the long delay in responding. Have been busy and when I have time I have not covered the whole site.

I see the resemblance to both maps. Though it is not much map area on the zuni post to compare. Agree this is a good possibility and worthy of further investigation.

Was curious if you had tried to find the areas where the cutouts were.

Thom
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Thom,

I believe the "cut-outs" were where a mouse or something chewed on the corners (or possibly due to fire damage) when it was folded.

Jim